It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Kerry's past voting record please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If I could ask, I'm looking for a little help with Kerry's voting record. I keep getting bombarded with several things he has voted for during his time in the senate and was wondering if any pro-Kerry people out there could help me explain some of these (like was there a rider attached that he was against?).

They are:

* He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle

* He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank

* He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988

* He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system

* He voted to Kill the F-15 strike eagle

* He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16

* He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade

* He voted to Kill the B-1

* He voted to Kill the B-2

* He voted to Kill the Patriot anti Missile system

* He voted to Kill the FA-18

* He voted to Kill the B-2

* He voted to Kill the F117

* and to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%,

* to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%,

* and cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

I would also like to state that I'm 100% pro-Kerry, so please don't flame that I'm trying to support bush by posting this, I'm just trying to find some help to explain these votes.

Vote for Kerry!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hello,

Here is a decent website that checks facts or rhetoric used by either party.

The link below is in reference to reductions in intelligence spending.

www.factcheck.org...

Cheers,

swinters

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you are asking for. You see his votes, that is what counts. Why are you looking for excuses and justifications? The bottom line is that he voted against all of those things. You are voting for him regardless of his decisions so why is it that you need to know his justifications?

If you look at the majority of Kerry's Senate record you will see that his votes don't match his campaign voice. It's blatently obvious that he will say anything to get elected and you are evidence that his baseless words are getting him votes.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First of all, thanks swintersVT, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Second, Jemison, you are exactly one of the many in the uneducated masses of people that vote for bush. Why don't you click on the link swintersVT provided and read the facts?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Cheney voted to kill some of the same weapons, and more, but to answer you question, check HERE. It's an Urban Legend, a false one at that.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I originally got my information on Kerry's voting record from vote-smart. I have taken the time to go through EACH of the votes to see what they were for and how he voted.

vote-smart.org...

That link will take you to his voting record and you can click on each area and read how he voted and what the bill consisted of.

Using the 87 billion dollar vote as an example this is the type of info you will find:

Bill Number: S1689
Issue: Defense
Date: 10/17/2003
Sponsor: Bill sponsored by Stevens, R-AK

Roll Call Number: 400
Bill Passed
Full Member List

Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO.

Vote to pass a bill that would appropriate $86.5 billion in supplemental spending for military operations and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, in Fiscal 2004.

S 1689 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Iraq and Afghanistan Security and Reconstruction Act, 2004

Vote to pass a bill that would appropriate $86.5 billion in supplemental spending for military operations and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, in Fiscal 2004. The bill would provide $10.3 billion as a grant to rebuild Iraq, this includes $5.1 billion for security and $5.2 billion for reconstruction costs. It would allocate $65.6 billion for military operations and maintenance and $1.3 billion for veterans medical care. $10 billion would be provided as a loan that would be converted to a grant. For this to happen, 90 percent of all bilateral debt incurred by the former Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein, would have to be forgiven by other countries.

Very few bills are going to be 100% acceptable to everyone but Senators need to prioritize what is important in the bill. I don't think that Kerry has done a very good job of that and I disagree with the way he has voted on many issues.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Project Vote Smart does not have any voting records information available for this office. Please call our Voter's Research Hotline 1-888-VOTE SMART with any questions.

you know, i find it quite odd that i cant find ne vote records on bush, while this site has lists on kerry

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
George W. Bush was not a member of congress.

Previous Occupation: Businessman; Managing Partner, Texas Rangers Baseball Team

Previous Political Experience: Governor, Texas; President, United States

-swinters

Source: NYTimes

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
[EDIT] nm

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Franki]

top topics

join