Rachel Corrie's Parents Call for Justice in Palestine on 10th Anniversary of Death

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOLIDSNAKE101
A Jew openly claim to be a 'little bit fascist'. How absurd, an 'evil' .. so-called 'master race' can be!

See what I mean?
But they're such peaceful people! There's plenty of vids where the Ashkenazis openly display their disgust of the ''goyim'', especially us Americans. They showed their contempt by blowing up The USS Liberty, with NO repercussions, but NO ON EVER brings that up. Master race my ass.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

These race aren't looking for anything logical.They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. These race just want to watch the world burn.

[color=grey]Note: The above wording was taken and modified.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

You're damn right, and it's damn near illegal to say ANYTHING about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Some of these comments reek of such ignorance and stupidity, I must classify them as mere trolls simply for my own sanity (no reasonable person could think like that, right?).

The idea that anyone can celebrate and mock the death of an innocent women churns my stomach, but to suggest it was her fault and that she had it coming is absolutely ridiculous!! It's not as if she suddenly sprang on the bulldozer without warning, causing mass confusion which limited the drivers reaction time to maneuver the fast moving and agile machine.... Come on people, she was making her presence known by engaging in a peaceful protest, only to be savagely murdered. To suggest she went by unnoticed as they ran over her body again and again is ludicrous, and might as well be a declaration of support for their murderous actions.

Is this really the best we can do people? The World CAN and SHOULD be a better place. Apathy should not be considered a virtue. Time to stop celebrating ignorance and hate.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Providentia because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-3-2013 by Providentia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Providentia
but to suggest it was her fault

Who forced her to stand in front of a armoured bulldozer then? If no one forced her to stand there, then it is her fault she got killed.

Come on people, she was making her presence known by engaging in a peaceful protest,

Doing it in a really stupid way....

only to be savagely murdered.

She was not murdered, if anything it was suicide!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Here we have palestinians celebrating Israeli deaths from a bus bomb....

edit on 18-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Justice was already served, and stupidly thinking because you are an American you can do whatever you want did not prevail.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Stupidity goes both ways, doesn't excuse the fact that Israel are bulldozing Palestinian homes due to the grave error of western nations; giving away land that they didn't live on. If you bulldoze another human being for the reason of destroying a house, I would definitely say it constitutes murder.

I don't support the violent acts on either side but push a human far enough into a corner (zones) and it will retaliate. I knowingly addressed this pushed human as "it" since you have taken all what we call humanity from him and created a reflection of your own monstrous nature (not you Bruce, talking about the human which drove this theoretic palestinian).

Hate begets hate, that is also karma in it's essence (in reference to another post), action or doing basically, the result included, not as separate entities, as one. As long as you seek result from action, you will not have the result you seek, because the result was already there, you need to do the result without the desire that you have to seek it out.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

Here is a survivor of the holocaust saying the same thing.

There is no difference between the Nazis and the people running Israel now.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Here we have palestinians celebrating Israeli deaths from a bus bomb....

edit on 18-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

You do know your video is nothing but BS. I knew that within 5 secs of watching it. Israel takes lengths to avoid civilian casualties. Kind of hard to claim that when you mostly target neighborhoods.
edit on 18-3-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
trying to stay away from all the irrationality on both sides of the fence and looking at what seems to have happened only while ignoring the politics of it.

i would have to say that it is NOT murder, that if anything that it can be considered "death by misadventure" on behalf of Corrie, and maybe manslaughter not for the driver but whoever as in charge of what was going on. there SHOULD have been someone guiding that thing since the driver can not see well. but then considering it is an ARMORED machine i can see not RISKING someone to do the guiding if they felt they could come under attack, as the person guiding would make for a nice target that has no real protection.

what kind of fool tries to play stopping a HUGE machine with their body? from one of the pictures from the OP she is not in front of it (but likely still out of view of the driver).so she would have had to move in front of it. again who in their right mind moves in front of a HUGE machine when they likely can't be seen? wearing day glow orange is not of any help if you can't be seen in the first place.

she had a bullhorn, don't know if she was using it at the time but it seems likely she was. but i guess something else she didn't think enough about is the fact that the driver had ZERO chance of hearing even that. those things are not only noisy so drivers and people around them wear hearing protection normally. but add on top of that an armored cab which would limit even further a driver's ability to hear.

the FIRST thing that gets me tho is HOW she managed to get killed even so. it's not like the thing was moving very fast, she SHOULD have been able to WALK away from it before it impacted. unless she tripped which would cause it to be accidental, but if she just REFUSED to move incorrectly assuming that the driver knew she was there and would HAVE to stop to keep from running her over she miscalculated rather badly yet again.

another thing that bothers me is in the OP's picture there is a guy in white that appears to be right there praying. why did HE (and i think he is also in a spot that the driver couldn't see) not either try to stop her from being so foolish in the first place and if she fell try to save her? i would think that whoever that was has a lot more responsibility for what happened than the driver.

it seems she may have made an awful lot of miscalculations that ultimately led to her death. SHE put herself into that position, she paid the price, most of the fault is HERS.

i wonder if she was thinking about how GREAT she would be by "risking her life" to save someones house and the acclaim and celebrity it would bring her. possibly even remembering the "Tiananmen Square Massacre" and how many people idolized the person who stood in front of a tank and the driver seeing him refusing to go forward. she gambled and lost, whatever she was thinking. and what she had put up for her stake was her life.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Who forced her to stand in front of a armoured bulldozer then? If no one forced her to stand there, then it is her fault she got killed.

Israels treatment of the Palestinians is what forced her in front of the tractor. If they weren't treating them badly then she wouldn't have been there.

So she drove the tractor over herself?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Israel may be a part of 9/11/01...

I can't share proof, but I have seen some stuff on the internet that I very interesting..

and look who has got the most from 9/11

Israel uses American puppets in government to send our brothers and sisters around the world to kill and steal from brown skinned people.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Israels treatment of the Palestinians is what forced her in front of the tractor. If they weren't treating them badly then she wouldn't have been there.

actualy to state it propperly, "her view on Israels treatment of the Palestinians is why she CHOSE to be in front of the tractor. if they weren't treating them badly then she wouldn't have chosen to be there." the way you had it made it sound as if she had no choice in the matter. she had every choice and so freely chose to do what she did.

So she drove the tractor over herself?

no she CHOSE to stand in front of a dangerous machine that was on the move and not move away or stay away from it. that says if not suicide, then stupidity on her part. even if she did not realize that she might not have been seen or heard by the driver, it was still not a very smart idea to stay standing in front of it till it ran over her. she is the one who put herself into harms way. she had all the power to choose what she would do, no one was holding her there, she was not placed in the way, she CHOSE to be there to be run over. that choice she made is what ultimately led to her death, which is what we call suicide, or if unintentional death by misadventure.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have no special interest in this story, although I find it illustrative of Israel's place in the world in general, and of the futility of protest in the face of global corporatism/zionism.

I write here because...

I had a dream about Rachel on the day of this anniversary, right before I got out of bed. In it I was alternately Rachel and the tank driver. I got to feel what it might have been like for both of them.

Still, it was beyond concidence that I had the dream and then a few minutes later upon opening the daily news found the story about the anniversary.

I was involved many years ago in a similar incident as a military policeman in the San Francisco Bay area at a place called the Concord Naval Weapons Station.

I was a new military cop on my first assignment at a place where protest was, at the time, a regular activity. One day some of the "usual suspects" sat on the railroad tracks that were used to ship ammunition and weapons from one side of the base to the other. These tracks crossed a public highway, which was how they got access to them to make their protest. All the police in the world were there, CHP, Contra Costa Sheriff's, Concord PD, the military cops, NIS (later became NCIS), and even some federal marshalls. We were all on the same radio net and so I could hear all the traffic. As the train approached the protesters, the engineer stopped at the appropriate mark before crossing the highway. He could clearly see "protester" Brian Wilson and his two cohorts sitting, indian-style, on the tracks.

When the order was given by the base CO to move the train, the engineer asked specifically for clearance to move from the CO because he could see the tracks were occupied. The CO told him directly to "move the train."

The rest is history, as they say, and Mr Wilson was run over by the train. He suffered massive, traumatic injuries.

I won't go into detail about why/how he got run over, you can read the news stories.

The point is, I suspect that the tank driver who ran over Rachel had the same sort of orders since the incident was not isolated or unexpected. It was a similar case to that which I witnessed, IMO.

Weird, that in China, a country we despise based on what the TV tells us to think about it, did NOT run over Tank Man at Tienanmen, but in the good old US of A and in Israel, well...you know what happened.

Something for us all to remember, I think. The system doesn't care if you vote Red or Blue. It cares not a lick for your body or mind.

I think we all know what it cares about.

Any way - sad day for us all.

That said, there is much beauty in the world, and we can all enjoy it now and again if we turn off the TV and only concern ourselves with the things we can have some control and effect over and not with international politics that just make us feel small and powerless.

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm sure she was a great person who truly wanted to help whom she considered the victims, BUT, she put herself in a situation that perhaps her arrogance of being a Western citizen considered to be safe, simply because she was not a Palestinian, she thought no bad could ever come to her.

If this is the case then it highlights my issue with such people, they are totally out of touch with the world other than what they seem to see on television and at student organised rallies on campus. If you go to a place engulfed in conflict, then you know the score and if you don't, then you're a fool, because bullets and in this case, debris, has no name on it or nationality assigned to it. She put herself in danger and she lost her life, but I honestly think that these people consider themselves immune from such a fate simply because they are from where they are from. I honestly don't believe that she thought that she herself was in any danger, simply because of her nationality and where she was from. It is the same of those students who treked through Iran, only to be arrested and yet they were seemingly shocked that they were arrested, totally ignorant of the fact that there are people, governments, soldiers, militias, nut cases out there who couldn't care less about them or their intentions, just that you shouldn't be there and that is the same for this woman. Our own countries don't care about us, why would countries/regions/areas who hate us care about us? Did she think Israeli soldiers or government officials would care about her, helping who they consider is the enemy?

It's always a tragedy when a non combabtant of any nationality persishes, actually it's always a shame when there is any needless loss of any life, but she did what she did and if she truly didn't realise the consequences of putting herself in that position then a cruel lesson is to be leanred by those she leaves behind. If she did, then I can only apologise as she gave her life for something she believed in and that is always admirable.

The bottom line is, think before you embark on these adventures. You may only get roughed up back home for your protest, but protesting in Britain and possibly even America or any Western country, is nothing like protesting anywhere else. There are no safety nets, no rules, no liberal police, your life is on the line the moment you get involved. If you still do it, then I take my hat off to you, truly you are a brave soul.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by schuyler

You are wasting your time. There is no room for logic and reason when it comes to most of the anti-Israel crowd. They thrive on stories that portray Israel in the worst possible light - it feeds their addiction.

Like the pro-Israeli crowd understands anything close to logic or reason. How logical is it to think that just because some land belonged to someone a couple of thousand years ago they have a right to take it back? And how reasonable is it to assume that the people who have been living there for over 1400 years should just pack up and leave? If I said my ancestors were Sumerian would that give me the right to tell the Israeli's to get the hell off my land seeing how it belonged to my people long before Jews existed?

Life, how unfair it is.

But by all means, let Palestine try to take back "their" land, let the rest of the middle east help them out. How well did that go last time? Like I said to our alpha friend in this thread, perhaps you and the rest of the anti-Israel crowd here on ATS can go over and help.

and yes, the US and rest of the world should stay out of it, I am sure Israel can take care of themselves.
Israel can't take care of s#!t without backup. GTFOH. And that land that the Ashkenazi Jews occupy IS NOT THEIR LAND. Never was.

Not their land? Didn't the British give it to them? Want to cry to me about how land has been taken over throughout known human history......and I am saying I don't care if Israel / Palestine can take care of themselves or not, it is sink or swim time....the rest of us stay the hell out of the middle eastern business

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
These threads are funny, might as well title them "Death to Israel and anyone who supports them" Might as well come out and say it, you can almost see the hate dripping from some of these posts.

reply to post by poloblack

These race aren't looking for anything logical.They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. These race just want to watch the world burn.

[color=grey]Note: The above wording was taken and modified.

Wish people would just be honest like this post, I know most of the usual suspects feel this way.

edit on 18-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes, we have all learnt that it is a very stupid thing to stand in front of a armoured bulldozer!

Maybe but far less stupid than standing up for your convictions....

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You know the kids at Utoya were supporting Palestinian terrorist rights.

How many times have Palestinians without declaring a legal war, or wearing a military uniform walked into a Israeli disco and killed a bunch of kids?

Ask me if I feel sorry for people who support Palestinians without holding up the pictures of bombing victims in Israelis discos.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join