The world might end on december 21th 2012 after all.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Disclamer* I do not believe in or support any theory regarding the 2012 end of the world movement. But I tought I would give some love and hope to those that firmly believed the world was going to end on december 21th 2012. It is not all lost for you, and maybe after reading this you will be able to keep on believing the world will end in 2012.

Some historians argue that there are nearly 300 years too much in the commonly accepted chronology. For example, Emperor Augustus had not lived 2000 years ago, but 1700 ...

Many researchers of the "New Chronology" have developed the hypothesis of "ghost-time", and say that our calendar is parasitized by 297 years! Historians would thus be victims of a multitude of false data, falsified deliberately or not , since the Middle Ages. The Early Middle Ages (614-911 AD) would therefore have never existed, and 297 years were added to the calendar, either because of a misinterpretation of documents, either by falsification (depending on the variant).

This would mean that all artifacts (documents, works of art, tombs etc.) Assigned to those three centuries belong to other periods, and that all events have indeed occurred but either before or after this period. Thus, Heribert Illig, one of the main proponents of the theory, believes that Charlemagne was a fictional character.

The genesis of the idea seems to emerge with the many problems of dating medieval documents. Horst Fuhrmann, President of the Monumenta Historica Germaniae recognized medievalist and says that there a large number of counterfeit and suspect documents and notes that many historical documents are fake.

But what arguments that support this thesis?

Heribert Illig (born 1947, VohenstrauB, Germany) says that there has been a systematic effort to show periods of history that do not exist: in particular the early Middle Ages (614-911). Heribert Illig firmly believe that with the introduction of the Gregorian calendar in Europe (1582), many dates were falsely (or unwisely) restated. His theory is based on the relationship between the Julian calendar and the Gregorian calendar. The Julian calendar, introduced by Julius Caesar, is known to introduce a lag of about one day per century. When the Gregorian calendar was introduced in the year 1582, the Julian calendar should produce a shift of thirteen days. Instead, astronomers and mathematicians working for Pope Gregory changed the calendar ten days only ...Illig's calculations have him to conclude that our era has nearly three centuries that never existed!

What is the "New Chronology"?

In the twentieth century, other researchers have also proposed changes in the conventional chronology: some varying only slightly from the academic timeline, others require significant rearrangement.

Anatoly Fomenko (born 13 March 1945) was a Russian scientist, PhD, Professor, Chair of differential geometry and applications of mechanical-mathematical faculty of Moscow University. He received in 1996 the State Prize of the Russian Federation, but it is best known as one of the leading theorists of the "New Chronology" history.

The new chronology Anatoly Fomenko is as a rewriting of history, based on the fact that the chronology of the world as we know it today is fundamentally flawed. The "new chronology" is much shorter than the traditional chronology.

In 1980, Fomenko and some colleagues in the Department of Mathematics of Moscow State University, has published several articles on the "new mathematical methods in history" in several scientific journals. These items have obviously been controversial.

In the early 1990s, Fomenko draws the consequences of this hypothesis from examples: a series of events were, according to him, recorded several times from different perspectives, and each iteration, the event was assigned to a different period

The idea of ​​the existence of duplicate time back to the early eighteenth century and Newton or Hardouin who believed that many ancient historical documents are much more recent than you think.

Indeed, one of the greatest scientists in history, Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727), himself had highlighted the problem of conventional chronology: Official historical data were for him inaccurate. He argued that the classical Greeks had to be seen and to be about 300 years closer to us.

Jean Hardouin (1646-1729) was a French scholar who had a predilection for classical literature. In 1685, he published a remarkable edition of the Natural History of Pliny. According to Hardouin, the majority of classical Greek and Roman literature was not produced by Greek and Roman authors, but was forged in the Middle Ages by a group of Benedictine monks. Hardouin argued that all councils allegedly took place before the Thirty were fictitious and his ex Chronologiae nummis antiquis restitutae (1696), he intended to prove that, with the exception of the works of Homer, Herodotus and Cicero, the Natural History of Pliny, the Georgics of Virgil, and the Satires and Epistles of Horace, all the classical writings of ancient Greece and Rome were false, made by monks of the thirteenth century, under the direction of a certain Severus Archontius. He denied the authenticity of most works of art, coins and ancient inscriptions, and ensured that the New Testament was originally written in Latin.

New chronology of the world: a fascinating hypothesis!

Anatoly Fomenko with,, other scholars such as Heribert Illig, Uwe Topper and Hans-Ulrich Niemitz, began seeking time distortions.

Uwe Topper hypothesized that the greater part of world history was written after the sixteenth century, and many of the events which took place before 1400 should not be regarded as true facts.

In his article "Did the Early Middle Ages Really Exist? "Dr. Hans-Ulrich Niemitz says: If some of our colleagues accuse us of being unrealistic or fanciful, I want to say that this is not a mortal sin to question existing paradigms of science . Our thesis produced new problems and thus new questions.

We must solve the problems of the early Middle Ages Historiography Obviously our project fits into the context of interdisciplinary research. It is only in this way that we can have the necessary distance. '

This is not the Middle - Ages in history that is in question, but some history of the Middle - Age, the period that separates us from the Greco-Roman antiquity must then be revised downwards.

If these currents of thought of alternative history managed to shake the conventional chronology, it would be one of those revolutions that completely upset Humanity ...

So 2012 theorists, not all is lost for you. The Only problem is, that if we are not in 2013 but really in 1716, you still have almost 300 years of waitting before the end comes!

edit on 16-3-2013 by bismarck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If im still around, I will be truly worried about this ....AGAIN!...Seriously though i believe 2012 21 was just the beginning of a new era
. Good post btw
edit on 16-3-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarck

It has always been suspected that there have always been lies or "tall tales" surrounding European history. There's a lot here, but I am already inclined to believe there is truth to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No. No more. 2012 came and went without any real hitch. Leave it alone. be glad you have a second chance to live the life you've been looking forward to. Stop trying to make Doomsday happen, or you'll never really live.

Enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

SEE!? All this worrying and end of the world threads for NOTHING!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If it's really 1716 then America is still a British colony!

Fascinating find OP, star and flag

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Lol and there i was in my concrete bunker with my 250 tins of tuna fish....And no can opener!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ok...to put it into a nutshell (so to speak)...according to all this new information...instead of 2013...what year is it now?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I could see a single country screwing up history records and using the wrong timeline, but china and japan have been pretty thorough in documenting history. I could totally believe europe screwing up time, but not everyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

March 16th 1716 of course!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't start this crap all over again. I have heard doomsday proficies since I was a child. I'm going to be 55 in April and am still here.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So you were born in 1661, nice!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Intriguing at first. It led me to further research.

Just so that people understand how -really- bad Fomenko's scientific work actually is....

In 2004 Anatoly Fomenko with his coauthor Gleb Nosovsky were awarded for their books on "New Chronology" the anti-prize of the Moscow International Book Fair called "Abzatz" (literally 'paragraph', a euphemism for a vulgar Russian word meaning disaster or fiasco) in the category "Esteemed nonsense" ("Pochotnaya bezgramota") awarded for the worst book published in Russia.

Source

Nice try though.

Some chronology is indeed a little out of whack. That is to be expected.
And dating methods are pretty much useless. Let's face it.

But did you dig deeper?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I also remember Galileo Galilei being trialed for heresy.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarck

I also remember Galileo Galilei being trialed for heresy.

I am not calling what he is saying heresy...

I am calling it manipulated lies.

Galileo discovered a truth that was already recorded a LONG time ago in Isaiah, chapter 40:

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? 22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: 23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

Bold emphasis above is mine.

When did Isaiah prophesy? *I'm sorry, according to the accepted timeline* - In the 8th Century to the 7th Century B.C.

The first verse of the Book of Isaiah states that he prophesied during the reigns of Uzziah (or Azariah), Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, the kings of Judah (Isaiah 1:1). Uzziah's reign was fifty-two years in the middle of the 8th century BC, and Isaiah must have begun his ministry a few years before Uzziah's death, probably in the 740s BC. Isaiah lived until the fourteenth year of Hezekiah's reign (who died 698 BC), and may have been contemporary for some years with Manasseh. Thus Isaiah may have prophesied for as long as sixty-four years.

Source for your indulgence

So when Galileo was deemed a heretic for telling a truth, realize he was called that by a false church, first of all; and secondly recognize that the proof that it was a false church is that the very Bible to which they claim to ascribe holds the proof that what Galileo found to be true was already understood to be true 2 millenia before his work!

But if anyone would like to ascribe to the theories proposed by Fomenko, as you will realize when you read the article, it is those people who are seeking a Russian imperialist pride.

Now, as I mentioned before, it is entirely possible for the currently accepted timeline to be off.. even way off by some accounts. But everything that Fomenko has shown has proof is completely bunk.

There needs to be much more accurate and unbiased research into the idea of "New Chronology".

Oh... and in fact, there actually has been better research! And it's not entirely crazy either.

Here you go

You will indeed learn a little bit about how the accepted egyptian timeline is inaccurate.

And the theory of Rohl actually holds water. Enjoy thoroughly.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the source , will read it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

The Mayan calendar is based on observation of celestial bodies and events and, therefore, would not have skipped or left out 300 years. IMHO we can forget about any doomsday scenarios for 2012 and move on.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Interesting theory which can be shot down in flames due to something that theorists forget. History can actually be measured and cross referenced. So dig up some bones in a grave dated 500ad. Carbon date the bones and hey presto you can find out if the date matches the physics of atomic decay !

With lots of grave sites carbon dated you can be damned sure we have not missed 300 years !!!!!!

FYI :carbon is not the only element with isotopes. something the "carbon dating is flawed" conspiracists seem to forget. Carbon dating is great for determining when something that lived died.

Then there's tree rings, ice cores etc etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eggbert

The Mayan calendar is based on observation of celestial bodies and events and, therefore, would not have skipped or left out 300 years. IMHO we can forget about any doomsday scenarios for 2012 and move on.

I think you missed the point. The original post is discussing the accepted timeline vs. an alternative timeline, without interfering with the mayan calendar, but simply pasting the timeline on top of it to determine the differential between the respective timelines as compared to the mayan calendar.

2012 Doomsday scenarios are pointless. But having the correct argument makes it more believable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join