It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shooters have all been Democrats!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Did anyone post this link, debunking this? I am not going to go through 18 pages when I see the information is false, but here it is. I have a lovely, intelligent, Fierce supervisor at work that quickly shot me down when I offered up incorrectly, as FACT, the claim in this post that all the recent shooters were Democrats

www.examiner.com...

Yes, it has been debunked. It was debunked when the OP posted their "op-ed" in the first post. This is simply an I hate Democrats thread.

CJ

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
People who own and promote guns are uncivilized terrorists and a threat to this country....I could start a thread with this premise and it would be equally provocative. Go ahead and debunk the obvious. Meanwhile your rights are being incrementally stripped away from you.

left/right

black/white

Like sheep we continue to buy the hype.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Did anyone post this link, debunking this? I am not going to go through 18 pages when I see the information is false, but here it is. I have a lovely, intelligent, Fierce supervisor at work that quickly shot me down when I offered up incorrectly, as FACT, the claim in this post that all the recent shooters were Democrats

www.examiner.com...

This was already debunked earlier on in this thread. The OP and her supporters are now claiming that this misleading thread, based on false information, was meant to "provoke discussion", not necessarily push this lie. But we all know that this wasn't the intention of the OP at all.

reply to post by MsAphrodite

Were ALL those shooters registered Democrats and liberals Aphrodite? You certainly know the answer to this question yourself now, so please share it with us know here.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Then I would say you are not paying attention.

One on the same. They grow Govt, Govt grows to aid the politician. One washes the back of the other.

I have plenty of faith in politicians, but only 30% in democrats and 10% in republicans. I have about 50% in libertarians, 60% in greens and 75% in constitutionalists. There is no perfection in this world.

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Also I have no problem with taxing gray area items that can be viewed either as dangerous or as luxuries. The only alternative is to outright ban stuff which most of the time is overkill.

So, you are fine with sin taxes???
How is that not infringing again??

Depends on what kind of sin taxes they are. If they make sense to me or not. Taxing everything is bad, taxing nothing is also bad. Government needs money to run the nation. I am sure conservatives don't have a problem invading the middle east anymore than liberals have. It is all perspective as they say.

You are also then fine with the Govt deciding what is good and what is bad?? I guess freedom just died a little more today.

We live in a constitutional republic that is damaged by misinformed voters and a biased in globalism, corporately controlled media. Yes I have a problem with democrats and republicans choosing for me.

Most people DO view suppressors/silencers as gray area items. Suppressing a 9mm or .45acp seems normal, but I have seen people trying to suppress a .22lr or .32acp gun, which is typical of assassin type motives. If you can't stand the noise of small caliber weapons then you probably should not be shooting at all.

I can't help the uneducated or the ignorant.
Suppressors are also used for hunting. Or for use to assist with hearing loss. Shall not be infringed upon still applies to this.

Not everyone deserves to have a gun. Those with hearing loss, those with mental problems, those that fear guns excessively, those with felony records, etc don't deserve them.

SBR typically are for pistol rifles. I love them! You get 50%-100% longer distance than shot from a typical pistol, and the platform is sturdy since it involves a buttstock thus making shooting more relaxed/enjoyable/reliable. A 9mm uzi is said to go out to 120 yards regardless if auto or semi-auto.

I would say no. As the acronym stands for Short Barreled Rifle. Not long barreled pistol.
There is popularity to have a SBR chambered in the pistol rounds, due to price of ammo and availability of the conversion parts for the popular AR15 platform.

But, as a whole, the SBR is still for a short barreled rifle, chambered in 233.

What does AR-15 have to do with short barreled rifles chambered in .32acp, 9mm, and .45acp?

UZI 9mm carbine, CZ-61, Tommy gun, MAC-10, etc. Any gun with a barrel under 16 inches is considered SBR including long rifles of course. The buttstock makes for a stable platform and the longer than average pistol barrel increases distance.
edit on 20/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
There's a handgun made that will fire just about every caliber that a rifle will fire.

One can take down a elephant with a handgun. Only difference is you got to have a strong wrist and a good stance of the recoil....and you might have to stand a little closer to the elephant with a handgun than with a rifle.

Grizzly bears are taken down with handguns quite regularly.

Automobiles are flipped over using a handgun quite regularly.

A high powered handgun ain't for wimps...that's for sure.

Pistol caliber ammo is typically much larger than rifle caliber ammo. That means more punch at short to medium range. Rifle caliber ammo excels in long rang where pistol caliber ammo cannot reach effectively or at all.

In fact the .50 and .60 can break your wrist or even fubar your face.

Damm. Must have been unbelievably painful!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

Originally posted by buster2010
So the Dems use guns. At least they don't cause the property damage like the Republican killers like Timothy McVeigh when they go on a killing spree.

Because the death of innocents is far more acceptable than property damage. Love the logic.

168 People dead with property damage, your little Republican killer has quite the lead on all the recent demo killers.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
People who own and promote guns are uncivilized terrorists and a threat to this country....I could start a thread with this premise and it would be equally provocative. Go ahead and debunk the obvious. Meanwhile your rights are being incrementally stripped away from you.

left/right

black/white

Like sheep we continue to buy the hype.

Really? I've heard a lot of people say they don't think guns like the AR-15 should be legal but please give me one quote from a politician who equates owning guns to terrorism.

CJ

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Read it again CJ.

next line

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Read it again CJ.

next line

So you are saying you made up this thread knowing this was a lie to provoke people? You admit you are only trying to provoke. Seems like a fairly base thing to do, but it shows your mindset.

CJ

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I have plenty of faith in politicians, but only 30% in democrats and 10% in republicans. I have about 50% in libertarians, 60% in greens and 75% in constitutionalists. There is no perfection in this world.

WOW. You really aren't paying attention, or are naive to no ends.
Politicians as a whole, are there to serve themselves first and their interests.
You have faith in those people??
How about a nice bridge I have for sale.

Depends on what kind of sin taxes they are. If they make sense to me or not. Taxing everything is bad, taxing nothing is also bad. Government needs money to run the nation. I am sure conservatives don't have a problem invading the middle east anymore than liberals have. It is all perspective as they say.

SO, then you are for Social Engineering, via the Govt and not for Freedom.
We are taxed enough, our Military is spread to thin and shouldn't be over in the ME anyways.

We live in a constitutional republic that is damaged by misinformed voters and a biased in globalism, corporately controlled media. Yes I have a problem with democrats and republicans choosing for me.

But, you are fine with Sin taxes, imposed by those same people.
You really need to rethink your thoughts on Govt, as one statement contradicts another.

Not everyone deserves to have a gun. Those with hearing loss, those with mental problems, those that fear guns excessively, those with felony records, etc don't deserve them.

Says who???
I just re-read the Constitution, again, and the Bill of Rights and don't see where there are any Amendments stating those people are barred from owning a firearm.

What does AR-15 have to do with short barreled rifles chambered in .32acp, 9mm, and .45acp?

Aside from the AR15 platform being used to fire those rounds, I guess nothing.

UZI 9mm carbine, CZ-61, Tommy gun, MAC-10, etc. Any gun with a barrel under 16 inches is considered SBR including long rifles of course. The buttstock makes for a stable platform and the longer than average pistol barrel increases distance.

Yes, I am very much aware of this.
But, the percentage of SBRs are not chambered in Pistol caliber rounds. The firearms listed are not solely defined as SBRs, as they are produced with the 16" barrel as well.

Please, do some research into the SBR world and then come back.
Being on teh cusp of opening my own firearms manufacturing business, I have researched this extensively.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It is unfortunate that I did not structure my thread the way you would have liked. My point has been made, and I think my thread has been very successful.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

SO, then you are for Social Engineering, via the Govt and not for Freedom.
We are taxed enough, our Military is spread to thin and shouldn't be over in the ME anyways.

THIS MUST BE THE FIRST TIME ANY CONSERVATIVE HAS ADMITTED WE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE ME! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Tell me why you and your fellow conservatives stopped supporting israel. That should be interesting to say the least. I am trying to make sure you are not full of hot air...you know like cry like a baby about "guns are freedom" while banks and the miltary industrial compelex continue to ruthlessly rape everyone. Baaahhh, I want my gun....baaahh I want my candy.

But, you are fine with Sin taxes, imposed by those same people.
You really need to rethink your thoughts on Govt, as one statement contradicts another.

Oh please. Spare me the conservative hypocrisy. If romney was elected president and his lapdog ryan you folks would be rejoicing like crazy. Government is only bad when democrats are in office. They are communists, liberals, progressives, etc. Democrats are bad, republicans are good. I want my candy.....eerrrr i meant my guns.

Please, do some research into the SBR world and then come back.
Being on teh cusp of opening my own firearms manufacturing business, I have researched this extensively.

Good luck sir. I just hope you are MORE HONEST with your clients than you are here with your fellow ATSers.
edit on 21/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It is unfortunate that I did not structure my thread the way you would have liked. My point has been made, and I think my thread has been very successful.

The only thing you proved IS THAT YOU LOVE GROSS HYPERBOLE, much like the majority of conservatives.

They pretend to be anarchists who hate big government. Big, small, uggly, pretty should make no difference.

In case you didn't notice A LOT OF DEMOCRATS did not agree with the jewish banker feinstein's totalitarian plans.

Good day!
edit on 21/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What was the point? The shooters have all been Democrats!!! - ah, no they haven't. If your "successful" thread actually had a point it has been debunked. Here is a thought. You started this thread with the intent of showing "The shooters" have ALL been DEMOCRATS. You were proven wrong. Now you claim your thread was meant to illustrate something. Nice try. Those with eyes can see through the sophomoric attempt to backtrack.

CJ

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Those with eyes have seen my point as has been well evidenced by this thread. Thank you for your contribution, and thank you for pulling my thread back up.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why are you assuming all democrats want to make gun ownership illegal?

Thats probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard or read. What 92 percent of Americans want is backround checks. Regardless of party. Most democrats are perhaps on board with the AWB again, but that's another debate.

To not make the distinction between making military weapons illegal for private citizens, and making all firearms illegal in genral, is to completely miss the entire point of what is going on today within the 2nd ammendment debate. You've actually convinced yourself that everyone who votes (D) wants to make firearms illegal. I think you listen to way too much right wing talk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Those with eyes have seen my point as has been well evidenced by this thread. Thank you for your contribution, and thank you for pulling my thread back up.

Ah, yeah, sure. La-la land. My next thread will be entitled All Wars have been stated by Republicans!!! and then I'll post some small town newspaper opinion article and then I'll say the point really is that a banana is an orange. Love the fact you have deemed your own thread successful and that you are so excited it is back up. Very telling.

CJ

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

THIS MUST BE THE FIRST TIME ANY CONSERVATIVE HAS ADMITTED WE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE ME! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

If you are done wetting your pants, then join us back here.
No, many here, Conservative and Libertarians, whom are like minded to me, have stated that we shouldn't be there.
Let them kill each other. I could care less.
I do support Israel, but, we shouldn't be fighting all of their battles.
And we shouldn't be sending money to ANY foreign Country for aid, period.

Tell me why you and your fellow conservatives stopped supporting israel. That should be interesting to say the least.

Again, I do support them. But, again......They are big boys and can fight their own battles for the most part.

I am trying to make sure you are not full of hot air...you know like cry like a baby about "guns are freedom" while banks and the miltary industrial compelex continue to ruthlessly rape everyone. Baaahhh, I want my gun....baaahh I want my candy.

So, condescension is your forte I see.
I do see what is happening as we continue on in wars.
I believe that this whole war thing is being done incorrectly.
If we go to War, you go scorched earth. You don't do this rebuild nation crap, nor do you do the whole winning hearts and minds.

Oh please. Spare me the conservative hypocrisy. If romney was elected president and his lapdog ryan you folks would be rejoicing like crazy. Government is only bad when democrats are in office. They are communists, liberals, progressives, etc. Democrats are bad, republicans are good. I want my candy.....eerrrr i meant my guns.

And yet you failed to address the statement. Further more, you walk down the path of "Macman" supports Romney and his plans.
You also fall into the typical Liberal mantra crap of people are just against Dems and a Black Man in office.
Govt is evil, period. Regardless who is in charge. We just so happen to have a very evil person in charge, right after a half evil person.

Good luck sir. I just hope you are MORE HONEST with your clients than you are here with your fellow ATSers.

YOU clearly have no clue do you.
Go do your research and please, tell me what the most popular form of an SBR is. I would love to see what you find.

edit on 22-3-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Why are you assuming all democrats want to make gun ownership illegal?

Thats probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard or read. What 92 percent of Americans want is backround checks. Regardless of party. Most democrats are perhaps on board with the AWB again, but that's another debate.

To not make the distinction between making military weapons illegal for private citizens, and making all firearms illegal in genral, is to completely miss the entire point of what is going on today within the 2nd ammendment debate. You've actually convinced yourself that everyone who votes (D) wants to make firearms illegal. I think you listen to way too much right wing talk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

For the most part democrats take gun control too far. Feinstein's AWB was totally illogical overkill! I agree with conservatives who take the second amendment seriously but to a point. Very few things should be outright banned. Silencers and automatics should be taxed $200 and automatics sold only to people who first complete NRA training for safe use and maintaince. Yes background checks are necessary and yes firearms should be registered. Concealed carry permits should be outlawed as they are a tax on hot air and nothing else.

What should be banned are short barralled shotguns and armor piercing rounds.

I agree with conservatives about 70% and democrats about 30% on second amendment.
edit on 22/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I apologise if I offended you. We tend to agree on more than we disagree on. It seems you have become more liberal as of late or at least reconsidered some of your views which I think is great. We all change as we mature and learn new things.

As for israel I don't hate the people who support zionism, I simply think their leaders are very incompetant and dishonest about their motives. They shouldn't be calling others religious fanatics when they themselves are the same. Also they had 60 years to form a nation and settle stuff, instead they play the holocaust card perpetually to siphon away american funds which really aggrivates me. We should be using those billions to support america.

Yes liberals suck and I have been bashing them for a long time. Perhaps conservatives should bash republicans because they are equally corrupt. Both parties destroy the constitution in different ways. Democrats destroy the second amendment and republicans destroy the first amendment with lobbies and rich people bribing the government.
edit on 22/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join