It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shooters have all been Democrats!!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Start a Anti-Democrat thread and watch the Stars and Flags represent ATS population.

That's just because the democrats are in the administration at the moment. If you had been here during the Bush43 years, you would have seen TONS of support for anti-republican threads. It seems that whoever is in office isn't liked .. be it democrat or republican.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSin
I love how someone came up with "there is no relation between the act of rampage killing and political ideology." Really, so why is it that 90% of the prison population in America is liberal or from liberal background (primary influences like parents). The idea that this person is so quick to dismiss the well documented trend of left violence it amazes me. So would one consider the violence in the ghettos of America a right sided issue? No, but it's never spoken of due to extreme correctness that takes the truth of liberalism and buries the reality of the failings into silence. Yet, the only explanation is "it's all white people's fault."

What about white collar crime? Is this not just as important as blue collar crime? I wonder how many blue collar criminals get incarcerated for every white collar criminal? And the people who graduate from yale or harvard and belong to skull and bones get a free pass to # people for life!

Let go of the hypocrisy. You are full of it!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
WRONG! If you actually cared to look, before I figured out what the OP was doing

Where? Where in the OP Beezzer? The truth is, there's no evidence that the OP was merely to "provoking" discussion and debate of any kind. This is why she has been so unwilling to respond when I asked her whether she actually believed that ALL these shooters were Democrats and Republicans. This is why her thread title and her OP made this out to be a FACT, not merely a belief.

You don't watch media

Oh the media? The media said that ALL these shooters were actually Republicans and Democrats? Who in the media did this Beezer? Since you think this justified the lies from the OP, who in the media? Where's your sources? MSNBC? CNN? ABC? I'm want to know which media group stated that ALL those shooters were Conservatives and Republicans to warrant this thread. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That happened before I joined, it happened 2 years ago... how many of those people that blamed the Tea Party for Giffords shooting are still around or still active? So we're being taught a retroactive lesson from a grievance two years ago? That seems productive. I think also you can see that some have taken it well beyond any 'lesson'.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's just because the democrats are in the administration at the moment. If you had been here during the Bush43 years, you would have seen TONS of support for anti-republican threads.

Compared to the anti-Obama and anti-Democrat threads, there's no comparison. I'd be more than willing to help you do a side by side comparison. The last big thread I recall about George Bush was a "thankyou Mr President" thread posted in 2008, and it got plenty of support and little opposition.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A gun just saved hundreds of lives. Thankfully the man had a gun and used it instead of using the explosives he had improvised at a college campus.

ORLANDO --

The University of Central Florida's main campus has resumed normal operations as of noon after an apparent suicide that forced about 500 students to evacuate a dorm early Monday morning.

The Tower 1 residence hall, in Knights Plaza, was evacuated around 1 a.m., and remains evacuated while police investigate the death of a male student who appeared to have shot himself, along with a bag of improvised explosive devices found nearby.

Classes were cancelled until noon. The university said essential personnel should report to work, but other employees were asked to stay off campus until noon.

www.cfnews13.com...
———————————————

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

No guns were used in this mass school killing...dynamite was used..

Eighty-five years ago, 38 children and six adults lost their lives at Bath Consolidated Schools near Lansing

On May 18, 1927, 38 elementary students in the Bath Consolidated Schools near Lansing were killed along with six adults when the school board treasurer ignited dynamite throughout the school and demolished much of the building.America’s largest school massacre happened in Michigan

www.tctimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
People that identify themselves as democrats/liberals tend to make decisions based on emotions and not facts. They tend to be the biggest purveyors of "knee jerk reactions".

When these people get frustrated they lash out irrationally with verbal attacks and violence. Look at any discussion thread on ATS. 90% of the nasty comments are left by these people. Go watch MSNBC for 20 mins I guarantee you will hear a liberal democrat spew some inflamatory, emotion based, factless garbage.

If prisoners (convicted criminals) were allowed to vote the vast majority would vote democrat.

These people were attacked by liberals who were protesting the same thing:

www.youtube.com...

...and heres how liberals argue:

www.youtube.com...

Both democrats and republicans lack logic but not necessarily in the same way. Of course no one is perfect, but the polarisation of late has become extreme. There is no middle ground any more. Centrism has died. Free thinking has died. Third parties have died. The nation is going to hell in a handbasket.

Congratulations folks, You have been fooled by the great deceiver, satan himself. The greatest trick the devil played is convincing people he does not exist. Constant propaganda will make anyone dumb and then stupid. Left untreated retardation!

I am utterly speechless at times by the lack of quality in the majority of posts. I guess only *think tank* posters can be so utterly one-dimensional by attempting to generalise everything regardless if it has merit or not. I am just as frustrated at liberals as I am with conservatives.

edit on 18/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Nothing is too dated with the gun issue. The progressive elements are fixated on dividing the gun issue along partisan political lines.

This thread serves as a good example on how destructive that is for all people, regardless of party affiliation.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Nothing is too dated with the gun issue. The progressive elements are fixated on dividing the gun issue along partisan political lines.

This thread serves as a good example on how destructive that is for all people, regardless of party affiliation.

Conservatives are mostly correct about the gun issue but they take it too far saying "anything that infringes" is unconstitutional. I guess banning nukes would be unconstitutional as well. At some point a line needs to be drawn based on common sense.

Liberals like feinstein and the one from illinois are not only wrong, but either they do not see the shootings for what they are or b)they do and are using the momentum to push for totalitarianism. Liberals are wrong about banning the majority of guns. This is undeniable by any sane person.

Conservatives are wrong about free trade, a bloated military, and protect the uber rich. Liberals are partially correct in the above. The conclusion I have reached is that both parties are partially correct on many issues thus still fail miserably on the midterm exam.

Constitution party for me. Heck I could even settle for libertarian to end the two party dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm a Conservative Libertarian. I don't try to categorize people. I let people categorize themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm a Conservative Libertarian. I don't try to categorize people. I let people categorize themselves.

I am not aware of any such party. I am aware of the libertarian party with gary johnson and jim gray as his running mate. They only got .99% of the total vote. What the heck is a "conservative libertarian" anyway?

They tend to be liberal on social issues and conservative with financial issues.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The progressive elements are fixated on dividing the gun issue along partisan political lines.

The opposite seems true from where I'm standing. And I don't think it is up to anyone to assume that there are members of this site in need of a disciplinary lesson. I don't recall the OP having any authority over me to make that decision.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

The progressive elements are fixated on dividing the gun issue along partisan political lines.

The opposite seems true from where I'm standing. And I don't think it is up to anyone to assume that there are members of this site in need of a disciplinary lesson. I don't recall the OP having any authority over me to make that decision.

It's an open class. You don't have to attend.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

I am not aware of any such party. I am aware of the libertarian party with gary johnson and jim gray as his running mate. They only got .99% of the total vote. What the heck is a "conservative libertarian" anyway?

They tend to be liberal on social issues and conservative with financial issues.

I joined the Libertarian Party after the past election. I lean conservative on many issues, not so much on others.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I joined the Libertarian Party after the past election. I lean conservative on many issues, not so much on others.

Ok. Fair enough! I am the same way on many, many issues. I am liberal here, progressive there and even conservative somewhere else. It is all about the individual issues and both big parties do not fit me anymore.

edit on 18/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed quotes

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hear ya. I created my own party. It is called The Disillusioned Party. We find something right and wrong in every political party. Mostly wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's just because the democrats are in the administration at the moment. If you had been here during the Bush43 years, you would have seen TONS of support for anti-republican threads.

Compared to the anti-Obama and anti-Democrat threads, there's no comparison. I'd be more than willing to help you do a side by side comparison.

That's be a great project for someone.
Take the threads from 2004 -2008 that are anti-Bush. And take the threads that are 2008-2013 that are anti-Obama. FACTOR IN how many people were members back in those years compared to now ... factor in 8 years for Bush and 5 years for Obama ... and see what the percentage is.

Considering that this place is a whole lot busier now than it was back in 2004-2006 time frame, I'd be willing to bet that the ratio is pretty much equal. But if someone here is really good with the math skills and wants to put it all together with the membership numbers factored in .... I think that'd be really cool.

Me .. I'm not that good with math and charts anymore. My sjogrens has caused dyscalculia.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Conservatives are mostly correct about the gun issue but they take it too far saying "anything that infringes" is unconstitutional. I guess banning nukes would be unconstitutional as well. At some point a line needs to be drawn based on common sense.

If politicians and left leaning pundits were talking about banning the private possession of nukes, ballistic missiles and cruise missiles then that would be far different - but we all know thats not at all whats being discussed.

Common sense would be to prosecute existing gun law to its fullest extent which is not happening right now - why is that is a very good question.

Personaly I think lack of prosecution is part of the long running agenda to fully disarm american citizens. Simply not enforcing whats already law allow politicians to pander to fickle public opinion by making more and more draconian laws that really only apply to law abiding citizens with something to loose by not complying - the criminals and crazies will ignore just as always unless and until the penalties are actually enforced.

Penalties like an automatic 10 year federal sentence with no parole which is on the books right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

If politicians and left leaning pundits were talking about banning the private possession of nukes, ballistic missiles and cruise missiles then that would be far different - but we all know thats not at all whats being discussed.

But taking the second amendment literally means any weapon should be allowed. The second amendment is outdated and that is what pierre morgan was trying to tell alex jones when he exploded with his temper tantrums.

Common sense would be to prosecute existing gun law to its fullest extent which is not happening right now - why is that is a very good question.

Personaly I think lack of prosecution is part of the long running agenda to fully disarm american citizens. Simply not enforcing whats already law allow politicians to pander to fickle public opinion by making more and more draconian laws that really only apply to law abiding citizens with something to loose by not complying - the criminals and crazies will ignore just as always unless and until the penalties are actually enforced.

like banning straw purchases? That would be a good start I think. But then we have some really stupid gun laws that aim to control short barralled rifles and silencers. I see NO HARM in owning such items and further the federal governments is basically classifying such items as luxuries in a sense by taxing them $200 a piece, if the state even allows such items.

I fully comprehend why people are fed up with the government. Most of the legislation attempts to make it difficult for people to own any gun because of extended waiting periods, taxes and fees and otherwise frivolous laws that make little if any sense. I am for mild gun control, even the national firearms act of 1968 seems excessive to me.

Penalties like an automatic 10 year federal sentence with no parole which is on the books right now.

As far as I know that is for illegally owning any automatic weapon made after 1987 the brady bill which coincidentally expired. Or having items/accessories that are untaxed and thus illegal. It is like driving without license plates, registration or drivers license.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join