It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dreams and new experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So this is my first thread, and it is in the form of a question. I'm seeking some insight and advice into revealing the nature of some dreams that I have had recently that are much different than anything else I've ever experienced. I won't provide more background than is needed but if anyone thinks that information might be helpful feel free to ask me anything and I will reply honestly and openly.

Spiritual Awakening
As of late (the last year or so) I've spent much more time meditating, doing research of spiritual growth and the paranormal phenomenon sometimes related to spiritual awareness. In my new exploration I have found many wonderful things out about not only myself but the other people in my life. Life has become more enjoyable all around.

While I've always been very interested in all types of paranormal activity, I've NEVER experienced anything paranormal directly, I've always just choked it up to maybe I'm not psychic friendly or I'm some kind of weird block or something. The paranormal actually seems to avoid me.

Past Dream Experiences
My dreams never have been very vivid. They rarely have much color or definition to them and faces are rarely seen with much clarity. I usually dream in first person but recall it later as a third person memory, don't ask me how its not on purpose. Anyway, my dreams have never been very detailed visually and I'm fine with that, I still get the emotional depth of whatever my subconcious is trying to convey.

Dreams in Question
So the two dreams that have made me curious are dreams where I've encounter a "presence", things with eyes that are completely blacked out and seem to not be part of my original dream. They are not nightmares, as I don't scare easily. In the first dream the thing swooped in on me while I was lucid and I simply turned, saw its eyes, felt its foreign energy and created a large stick with which to smack it with and shoo it away. As I did so it changed its shape to match that of a female, instead of a male, but the wings and eyes remained. I got the feeling that it knew I wouldn't strike a woman.

In the second dream I was just being watched, but again had to run them off ( more than one this time ), because they were taking the forms of family and friends. They were just watching me with their black eyes. I got the sense that they were curious as to why I wasn't afraid.

I'm not saying that I completely attribute this to something paranormal. It has occurred to me that it may be something psychological or subconscious. If anyone could maybe share a similar experience or knows of anything like this, any info would be appreciated. Much love.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Teikeon because: Because my dumb a$$ posted a blank thread the first time.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

well, this is kinda strange...

no biggy,, good thread, man

edit on 16-3-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Yeah sorry, I realize the first time it was blank, I'm on my phone and hit the wrong button, but I fixed it

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

In your hope to meet with paranormal activity, the abnormal was allowed in to show you that you want no part of what you think you want.

What is useless meditating going to do besides open your mind to spiritual entities that are no good?

But you must be meditating on a specific entity, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ. Meditate on His Word.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is alive. And if He reveals Himself or an angel to you, you will know it.

Otherwise, you are obviously going to be taken by the ministers of evil.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

Weird.

Reminds me of a vivid dream I had where something appeared and attempted to terrorize me with it's presence. But instead of running or getting scared, I became angry and went after it. Immediately sensing that I was coming after it, it morphed itself into a cute little girl acting scared. I grabbed it around the neck and told it that I wasn't falling for that and I knew what it was. I told it that I'm not playing these games anymore and that it better stay the hell away from me and leave me alone. I remember shouting "You're gonna leave me alone. NO MORE. You understand? NO MORE".

I don't have such dreams anymore.

And this was just a few years ago after having these dreams since childhood.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

My "quest" wasn't intentionally to find the paranormal. I wasn't playing with wiji (I realize that's not how you spell it) boards or doing rituals, I was merely meditating. I'm not a Christian either so while I appreciate the input I can't say that it will be beneficial to me to preach. I'm actually looking for more logical or scientific answers.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
First of all, dreams are a direct reflection of what you have your attention focused on. So if you've recently changed your focus towards meditation and spiritual things, your dreams are going to reflect that.

Originally posted by Teikeon
it changed its shape to match that of a female, instead of a male, but the wings and eyes remained. I got the feeling that it knew I wouldn't strike a woman.

That was a brilliant move if it was something other than yourself.

I'll be honest, it's really hard to tell if what you encounter in your dreams is a real entity or just regular dream fluff. In Castaneda's books, his mentor recommends trying to see the energy body of things in your dreams, the logic being that real things have energy bodies, dream stuff doesn't. I've tried it and have never seen any sort of energy body. I'm just throwing that out there in case it's something you want to try.

For, a strong indicator of whether or not something in your dreams is a real entity is how skilled it is at manipulating your attention. Really that's the only thing they can do, and they are dammed good at it. Switching to female form could be considered a type of attention manipulation. But really it should be obvious that they are messing with your attention, because their skill level is just so great.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I too have had dreams where an alien has appeared.
I usually just smack them or behead them.

But in the last one I got hold of its neck and started squeezing. I had no emotion for it as I looked into its balck eyes but for some reason I let it go.
I don't think it was due to mercy though, as these and MILABS have made my life a living hell. I am just fed up with the killing.

But I will be one day doing unto them as they did to me with the Army of Jesus.

Have you thought of a dream journal?
I have and it is very interesting what your consciousness reveals.

And not all dreams come from there, some are given to you as training.
Most of my dreams of the last few years have been of a training type.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Thanks for the suggestion, if it happens again I'll see if I can see any energy. I'm getting better at the lucid thing, and I'm still trying to determine if these things are just a side effect of lucidity. I haven't fully discredited the fact that it may be some part of my own subconcious that I wasn't aware of before. I'm not the kind to automatically attribute it to something paranormal. The human mind is by far the biggest mystery of all.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Okay, so OP I can directly relate with what you're saying right now.

I read your post yesterday and never got around to posting about it but I immediately took note of your post.

About 2 months ago I was staying with my girlfriend at her house, and I was asleep on the couch and she was asleep on the futon. After a few hours of sleep, I became aware that I was awake in the lucid/astral realm, and in this realm me and her we're asleep together. I was laying on the bed and I was staring at the front door and all of the sudden the door started to open slowly. They had hoodies on and we're dressed as the typical 18-26 year old Californian. However they had this very "sinister" dark smile on their faces and as you've stated, their eyes we're PITCH black. Dark energy.

Anyways, they we're trying to open the door, all of their movement we're very shaky and down right creepy, I was definitely afraid. I kept telling them to go away, they are not allowed here, and they wouldn't stop. Also, me and my girlfriends bodies we're completely frozen in the dream neither one of us couldn't move.Every time I'd talk to them they would step back a little bit but they kept advancing towards my girlfriend. Eventually, one of them managed to touch my girlfriend and I'm not sure if they took her or not, but the next thing I knew the second guy was coming for me and that's when I woke up.

Also, apparently it was such a powerful dream I was trying to talk in real life and my girlfriend heard me telling them to go away, but in a very mumbled sense considering I was in a dream/astral state.

Personally, I think our third eyes, consciousness, spirit, whatever you will are just becoming more and more activated and this is subjecting us to energies we used disregard and think didn't exist.

The entities you've been seeing are typical dark energy in my opinion, they're the more malicious demonic type. Straight up demons.

I'm I guess what you would call agnostic, I consider myself a spiritualist. These are generally bad energies and I've only experienced their presence a few times in my life. I would advise keep doing what you're doing, shoo them away. You seem to have a VERY good grounding on yourself and your energy, so just continue as you are. However like I said, it interested me that you said it was a "foreign" energy. If you look at the threads I've authored, one of them was about a dream and it'll sound weird, but my girlfriend was the person in that dream I wrote about(I wrote the thread a few days before I met her.)

She came into my dream and I could see in her EYES in my dream that she was NOT part of my subconscious. She then placed her fingers on my forehead and opened up some hidden abilities within me, a lot of interesting things. The weirdest part is, I met my girlfriend a few days later for the first time and knew that it was her from the dream.

Eh, I don't know if it helps, but I just wanted to say I could relate with what you have to say.

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Anything that can be related is valuable information and I thank you for it.

As for the handle I have on my dreams, I think it comes from childhood. As a child I was never afraid of the dark, scary movies or anything. Even at a very young age my logical brain allowed me to tell myself that there was no reason to be afraid because there were no monsters in my closet. To an extent this has served me well, but in other regards I am completely shielded from paranormal activity, and its not for lack of trying to find it. I've been to places where the paranormal is supposed to be almost constant, but its like it shuts down when I get there. It's very odd, and had it not happened more than once I wouldn't have suspicions that it was caused by me. I think this is why I was so surprised, more than afraid, when I felt this energy in my dream for the first time. In the dream where the entity was alone with me it seemed to swoop in and appear behind me, it seemed to be confident at first. When I turned on it and looked it in the eyes it seemed to change its expression and cower from me, like it hadn't realized until it made eye contact with that I wasn't going to scare easily. It was odd. In the second dream there were many more, probably a dozen, but they kept their distance and took the form of people I love, maybe as a defense mechanism against me, I'm not sure.

Just clarify, I'm not some kind of badass, there are plenty of real world things that frighten me, likes spiders and really deep water. Its my logical mind, my left brain won't allow me to fear things that I cannot absolutely verify as being a legitimate threat to my physical body. I'm not a very big guy, physically smaller and weaker than most, so I'm much more afraid of walking up on a real world (insert man-eating predator) than I am a ghost or alien or other psychological threat. If I am some kind of shield or block, how would I confirm it?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So I had a new experience last night and I figured instead of starting a new thread about it I would add it to this one and see if anyone can help me out.

My first run in with sleep paralysis. I was aware, I was awake, I couldn't move or speak, just think. I tried to say something even though I was alone and it wouldn't come out. The paralysis only lasted a few seconds, I doubt it even went a minute. I didn't exactly panic but I did feel a little uneasy after I regained control. I haven't done a ton of research on sleep paralysis yet because, well, it's never happened to me before. I'm almost 32 years old.

My question is, what would cause this? I was under the impression that people either never had it happen or that it starts typically when they are young. It never occurred to me that at this age it could all of a sudden happen. Is it a symptom of my meditation?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

From what experience I have and what I've read about sleep paralysis(which is exactly what happened to me when the demon-like entities we're coming for me and my girlfriend in my dream) I've came to the same conclusion as you, it usually happens when you're young. That is very interesting it's occurred to you at your age, it first started happening to me at the age of 13 or so. I to as a child also learned that I could go lucid and stop any kind of subconscious images in my head from chasing me/attacking me etc.

Take it with a grain of salt, but my personal opinion is that there's a general shift of consciousness happening across the planet which I can only attest to by anecdotal experience, my own and others. My girlfriend and I are now developing the ability to communicate to each other without words, we literally know what each other are thinking a good 60-75% of the time, we say the same exact sentences, etc. Obviously, that's another story for another time, but I would say that global consciousness is increasing in extrasensory abilities, which I think is what is attributing to you meeting these entities in your dreams.

I've read a few articles and watched a few documentaries that stated quite clearly on/around Dec. 21st 2012, people would start having more psychic experiences, start seeing new entities, meeting mythical creatures and so forth, and to me that sounds about spot on.

In 2010 I had a dream where I saw colors that do not exist here. I saw a sky filled with more stars than possibly believable, and I believe we are inching towards that. Part of inching towards a more "positive"(if you will) world/perception of reality is facing darkness within ourselves. Once we've faced the bulk of darkness within ourselves, and we start becoming more light, the darkness will wonder as to why we're not so similar to them anymore, and thus draw interest into us as you've outlined.

That's my two cents, feel free to message me U2U if you have any questions or stories you'd like to tell me.

Best regards.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

You set off a chain of thoughts for me. Particularly pertaining to what you said about the strengthening psychic connection between you and your gf. My wife and I have been together for 8 years and are very, very close. Almost like the same being in two bodies. We've been like this since the moment we met and have always joked about being soulmates even though neither of us really believes in that.

You mentioning what is happening between you and your gf made me stop dead in my tracks. Even though my wife and I are as close as two people can get we have never had any psychic connection like the one you describe... until recently that is. I'm not making it up, lately we have been almost reading each others minds, even from incredible distances (I work 200 miles away from home) and I never once thought this could be attributed to what you describe. It never occurred to me even though I've heard about it before. I always thought "well that's not happening because I don't feel any different". Now that I think about it though it makes perfect sense that if it is a real phenomenon it would most certainly be more pronounced and possibly only manifest noticibly with the people that you are closest to already. Yes, it makes total sense now, thank you for your insight. I'm happy to hear that it's not just us, but that other couples could be experiencing the same psychic bond
I would have to say that as close as we were we have become even closer in the last year and grow more so everyday, which I didn't think was even possible. Knowing how close my wife and I are you must also have an incredible bond with your gf, I'm truly happy for you because I know how amazing it is to be linked up with someone in such a way. We are blessed. Much love brother.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikeon

I felt some similarities to your situation. I also always been into paranormal/alien/supernatural type of things but have never really experienced anything myself in the "real world." Earlier this year I had a dream where my Grandpa visited me while I was at some university (no where Ive been and Im no longer at any uni). He really just "appeared" in front of me and I was curious as to how he did it with his age and ailing health. We were at a high altitude and he gestured way down below far off to my other family that came to see me (My mother and grandmother) They waved at us. I walked with my Grandpa talking (and I have no idea what about now, I completely forgot). I noticed he had pure black eyes and I felt it- this isn't my grandpa. I didn't want to alert it that I knew or was thinking it, because I wasn't sure if it was bad or good. So I just kept walking and talking around this elevated clearing by this 'university' and in time became very comfortable with it. Other members of my family were around now (brother and sister, etc) but they were just around- not talking with me and my grandpa. The overall feeling I had from this dream was of love and sadness. I woke up for sure thinking my grandpa had died overnight and he was saying goodbye, but that was not the truth.

So recently I began looking through an old dream journal and realized I had the same kind of dream years ago. It was another person I knew with solid black eyes. They were a friend's sister, not my family member. Although we were around other people (her mother and sister), no one else seemed to acknowledge her. She told me she loved my in my dream and there was a very strong presence of sadness.

Both dreams I had the feeling this black-eyed person was there just to see me/be with me. The overall feeling being they were conveying love and there was this air of sadness.

You did not directly mention if these black eyed beings in your dream were conveying any menace or not. But I feel like if they changed their appearance so you wouldn't strike them, that means something. You can interpret it as they knew you wouldn't strike a woman (i.e. they were protecting themselves) or you can interpret it as they thought they scared you and changed to a less threatening image to make you more comfortable. You will have to be the one to interpret and feel their intentions as it was your experience, but I urge you to not dismiss "black eyes" as being demonic and harmful, unless you truly got the feeling they were intending to harm you. Be sure you're reading THEIR intention, however, and not your expectation of their intention.

IF you have this type of dream again, I would try to talk to them and get a better feel for their purpose.

top topics

join