It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock in Cyprus as savers face bailout levy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time. I hope people in Cyprus can understand why our old folks keep telling us to keep money at home and buy physical gold and silver.

It's time to convert significant amount of fiat currency into hard assets like land, house, gold, silver, plantations .. yeah maybe more wives and kids

The question now is who's next?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketsa
Everyone should take this as yet another warning.
Use the banks for day to day transactions, do not let them play with your savings.
Own physical gold for exemple.

You are quite right. Here in the US, people would be pissed, but in the end, they would justify it. They would look back a couple of years when they lost lots in the market crash and say, "well, I made that back, so I can make it back again". Stupidity and ignorance are most common.

Why the hell we should on either account, one, pay the criminal bankers for something they made of thin air and had no risk, two, pay the criminal Governments that wildly spend the free bankers money on things of no value to most and then take our hard earned money?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
well they just killed their banks, no sane person is going to put any more money in those banks and IF they are ever allowed to withdraw the money that is already in the banks there WILL be a run on the banks. I expect that they will never see most of their money again,the banks will have to stay closed to prevent a run which basically means they are out of business NOW. When those banks officially fail in the very near future, it will create a domino effect all across the world.
get your money out of the banks now, no matter where you live.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Originally posted by benrl
And people wonder why the push for gun control here in the states is so prevalent, Imagine what that happening in the states would look like with an armed populace.

Okay, this I would probably go nuts over. It's actually one of very few reasons I would consider trying to rise against the government.

Why not go nuts over estate tax? It's basically double taxation also. Or what about 50% penalty for withdrawing early from your 401k? It's your money and the government decides to rob half of it because you need to use it?
edit on 17-3-2013 by LocoMoco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
well they just killed their banks, no sane person is going to put any more money in those banks and IF they are ever allowed to withdraw the money that is already in the banks there WILL be a run on the banks. I expect that they will never see most of their money again,the banks will have to stay closed to prevent a run which basically means they are out of business NOW.

I am sure this would work well for them. If you have a 100k in the bank, how many years would it be for them to make a 100k from it? This way, they just get it up front and go elsewhere and make more with it making other countries broke. The bankers a just a scam upon all of earth. You would think more people would get that by now. The information is out there for free.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoMoco

Originally posted by Hijinx

Originally posted by benrl
And people wonder why the push for gun control here in the states is so prevalent, Imagine what that happening in the states would look like with an armed populace.

Okay, this I would probably go nuts over. It's actually one of very few reasons I would consider trying to rise against the government.

Why not go nuts over estate tax? It's basically double taxation also. Or what about 50% penalty for withdrawing early from your 401k?

Is the same, but not the same. It does not effect you until it does in those cases. What they have done in this case is effect everyone at once. Probably not a smart thing in some places in this world. But they can steal all they want from some of the people all the time. It is in the bankers code of ethics.

I know there must be a printed version of this somewhere.....

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
It was only a matter of time. I hope people in Cyprus can understand why our old folks keep telling us to keep money at home and buy physical gold and silver.

It's time to convert significant amount of fiat currency into hard assets like land, house, gold, silver, plantations .. yeah maybe more wives and kids

The question now is who's next?

My guess is the PIIGS. If it can happen in Cyprus, it can happen anywhere in the EU.
Capital fight out of Europe and cascading contagion..We've seen it before remember? When banks stop lending to banks (due to capital flight), what happens?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So another test to see how far the people will go or what has to be done to push people into revolt. This will be voted down in Cypris Monday but they still considered it and really have no problem doing it when the time comes...........in there mind.

This is no different then a 75% tax in France, just a little more"in your face" and the French elected the president that created that insanity, hell this is only a 10% tax .

Here in the U.S. we have tell Nov 2014 when the dems regain the Congress and retain the Senate and as sure as Obama was reelected to a second term, they will. Tell then like in the movie Armageddon we here in America have a front row seat to......................well you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is one of the tactics which will be employed when the moment comes. As some have pointed out, it is almost certainly a dry-run to model the responses and create precedent. I don't see why everyone is acting shocked, this has been foretold many times. The idea originates here, and has been under development for aeons:

We shall create this crises by all the secret subterranean methods open to us and with the aid of Gold, which is all in our hands: a universal economic crises whereby we shall throw upon the streets whole mobs of workers simultaneously in all the countries of Europe. These mobs will rush delightedly to shed the blood of those whom, in the simplicity of their ignorance, they have envied from an early age, and whose property they will then be able to loot. [Protocols of the Elders of Zion]

They will create riots as and when they please. The good news is that there are many other events which must take place beforehand and there are chips yet to fall in place. The bad news is that the "as and when they please" is definitely sooner rather than later. We are the 'last generation' - enjoy the ride.
edit on 17-3-2013 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339 "I can't believe more people aren't talking about it!"

they will be, when it happens to them. and it will.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
well, this is the reason many bought phisical gold and silver etc back in the day:
after the MFGlobal fiasco we were pretty certain we were correctly reading the plot line
now with this latest verification we are

when it starts to happen with official sanction in the worlds reserve currency- the USD
look out

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
CNN and FOX are ignoring this story. They would rather talk about Sara Palin... I'm surprised Drudge has the story... Well ATS you have yourself a real conspiracy.. GOV banks and news Media all in this together... Bank holiday taking place and its not even given any airtime...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
CNN and FOX are ignoring this story. They would rather talk about Sara Palin... I'm surprised Drudge has the story... Well ATS you have yourself a real conspiracy.. GOV banks and news Media all in this together... Bank holiday taking place and its not even given any airtime...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is quite simply STEALING.
The government are stealing 10% off everyones savings.

Theiving,lowlife,criminal scum.

The people should down tools,go home and not return to work until this is stopped.
But of course,most won't-which is why the criminal elite the world over continue to be able to operate from their ivory towers.

If only people would realize that they really ARE the 99%,and that we have the power-not the elite.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They are going to rob 10% from every hard working person in Cyprus and the people can't let it happen. If they get away with this in Cyprus it will open the door for those criminal bankers to do this anywhere in the EU. Look out Greece, Spain, Italy they will come for your hard earned cash next. If I had money in any of these countries I would get my money out of the bank now. Precious metals should see a spike in value this week.

If this was attempted in the US there would be armed revolt for sure. Imagine someone just deciding that 10% of your bank account was now theirs.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8ter

you put a smile on my face this morning ... your right about the media

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I heard on the beeb that Cyprus was heavily invested in Greece.
we know that Greece was fleeced by Goldmansacks which led to their (greek) insolvency
so the golden fleecing has moved on to the next victim

oh yes, the old domino effect

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve has always conducted its take overs of failing banks on a Friday ... the reason is to prevent a run on the bank while giving it enough time to audit the money supply. It takes 48 hours ... This way the public doesn't read about it until Monday morning.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

This is the make or break year, according to Christine Lagarde.

Is this what the IMF pictures as "New Global Economy for A New Generation?"

edit on 17-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join