It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in the sky in Clearfield, Utah March 16th 2013

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnxplor
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Not replying because I am a Utard (I use that term all the time [I'm not "from" Utah]).

It would be HAFB (Hill Air Force Base). HAFB is denying it came from there. So.....input?
edit on 17-3-2013 by mtnxplor because: (no reason given)

Did they say whether they heard it too?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnxplor

That's the point of intersecting observations. While HAFB might be a reasonable assumption, an intersection of the points will reveal a point of origin such as which part of HAFB or somewhere else. Finding the location will aid in finding what it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Here is a link to what scientist are saying. Broken down - big changes in earths core coupled by solar stuff. Ill find some peer review stuff to back it if possible.

www.bookofresearch.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

While the sound may be electricity in origin, I do not think it is solar. Since sound is created by the displacement of air causing something to vibrate, electricity makes a sound because the medium (in this case air) get superheated immediately or because the associated energy transfer (such as arcing) cause the transmitter or receiver to vibrate.

So for the sun so do that it means a lot of juice would be pumped over Utah. Enough so that satellites and those poor souls in the ISS would be extra crispy.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

So access to my university library on this subject isn't free but the one article I found, and only read the abstract to appears to describe what the above reference does in my previous post; more limited to earth quake stuff; earth shifts and increased heat causing harmonic humming via crystals and other rock. It's all theory at this point. They seem like good theories though. Ill look further when I have free time again coupled with not being so tired.

Article can be accessed by anyone. Is Ravilious, K. (2012) Strange booms: what's causing noises over the horizon? New Scientist, 213 (2852), 47-49

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
That's a horse of a different color. Variations of the rock theme are piezoelectric from crystal (mostly quartz) being under pressure or rocks acting as superconductors deep in the mantel because of all the pressure and heat. Some guy back in the 1970s wrote a paper on it concerning possible theories around earthquake lights and Seneca guns.

I have heard Seneca guns and it sounds nothing like that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a guitar and a amp, guitar strummed. No wonder the excellent sound quality. Prob two DB's at home bored making a video of something they seen, s*** I used to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
To me it sounds like the 60 hertz that is used in the electrical grid in the United States. If you hear any electrical transformer 'buzzing' that buzz is 60 hertz.
Would someone that has a good sound sample program see what the frequency is?
I was under some 8000 Volt power lines (these will give you shocks on a bicycle) and it sounded almost exactly like this, however if you had power lines over your house chances are you would have seen them ... LOL!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Not necessarily. Living in a rural farm community full of crop dusters, Cessna's, and helicopters, I can attest that finding the little buggers can be a chore in a half to do, especially if you don't have a continuous unobstructed view, and even then, it can be difficult to pull them out of the sky.

This very well could be a passing small engine aircraft. it could also be an air pump.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The strange sounds phenomena is one of the more fascinating things to come along in recent years. And this video is a unique addition. Falls into the trumpet and horn category. One of the more interesting subsets of strange noises being heard and recorded.

I also love the debunkers hitting ATS in force, telling us it sounds exactly like INSERT RANDOM SOUND IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE.

To me it sounded like a didgeridoo. But, unless there are more Aborigine dream walkers in Utah than I thought, I doubt it's that.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

Here is a link to what scientist are saying. Broken down - big changes in earths core coupled by solar stuff. Ill find some peer review stuff to back it if possible.

www.bookofresearch.com...

Thanks so much for that link!

This is all getting quite interesting. My area has a lot of quartz under the ground, as it is laying everywhere around here. The ants also bring it up from underground and you can see it on top of their anthills. That might help explain the vibrating and low hum I've been experiencing here, or at least it's a consideration. Mind you, it doesn't sound anything like what the OP posted or I probably would have moved from here by now.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have to agree with the post that it sounds like a C-5 Galaxy. They take off fairly close to where I live and it sounds just like that. It makes a different sound than any other airplane that comes into the airfield.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moresby
The strange sounds phenomena is one of the more fascinating things to come along in recent years. And this video is a unique addition. Falls into the trumpet and horn category. One of the more interesting subsets of strange noises being heard and recorded.

I also love the debunkers hitting ATS in force, telling us it sounds exactly like INSERT RANDOM SOUND IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE.

To me it sounded like a didgeridoo. But, unless there are more Aborigine dream walkers in Utah than I thought, I doubt it's that.

Yes it looks like the internet warriors are out in full force. The recording device has tinnitus! That's your water pipes equalizing! The OP has no life experience and doesn't know the difference between a sound coming from a garage and one coming from the sky!

I wonder how many of these cyber heroes are betraying the rest of us for a bowl of porridge.

I do know that I've been experiencing the weird vibrations and sounds here in Arizona, which isn't far as the crow flies. And that's really ALL I know on the subject, as my gonads don't lie to me ever about such things. Time will tell, as these changes are only going to get more noticeable as we go along.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I joined this site (after lurking) because I find these noises interesting. I grew up in that neck of the woods (went to clearfield high). When I was A young kid, HAFB was the home of the flying phantom, later the home of the fighting falcon. While growing up there I did see some odd stuff. One summer day probably 18 to 20 years ago around noon or so, I was outside I looked up and saw the strangest plane flying, it wasnt till it banked that I saw the basic shape. It turns out it was an f117 in need of mechanical help. But still A fiew years ahead of our public knowing.

I lived in A house in sunset, and from the basement window it looked out over the great salt lake. More than once I saw lights moving in patterns slowly. That is the general direction of dougway proving grounds, there is some serious stuff going on there.

Sorry for getting off topic. My point is there is allot of military stuff around that area. And in the case of the noises in louisiana. A member brought up A noise he had heard that was similar. It was A high altitude blimp,

I just did A quick image search, but here is the blimp
www.freedomsphoenix.com...

edit on 18-3-2013 by arcburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I saw this video yesterday and the noise was so familiar that I went nuts trying to figure out where I'd heard it. Then I had an asthma attack this morning. Bingo! This is the exact sound made by a DeVilbiss Pulmo-aide compressor that delivers albuterol. The dang noise drives me nuts.so I usually throw a blanket over it when I use it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bondjames007

I understand it's hard to believe however this is a helicopter... The helicopter in question is using a secret technology which was built on the principal of sound diffraction phenomenon and the doppler effect... It kind of sounds like a loud modified lawn mower when it's coming at you in a 45 to 60 degree cone and as it passes the sound is cut to about 25% outside the cone...
edit on 18-3-2013 by retiredcia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

It sounds magnetic in nature, some sort of magnetic resonance.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds like a big wood planer with a bad bearing
I hear what I know

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When I first heard the sound in the OP's video I thought of something like this.

After about the first :10, FF to about 1:15.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I think they need to replace that pump ASAP

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join