It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated forum for discussing technology and digital rights issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think this board could benefit from having a forum dedicated to discussion of technology as well as digital rights issues.

Currently the only forum available is "Science and Technology" which I think is wholly inadequate, and also a misnomer since science and technology are two entirely different things.

Often discussions about cyber threats, protecting online anonymity, or new technologies that have broader social or political implications come up, and it's hard to justify creating these threads in the same forum that discusses black holes and the like.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. It would be nice to cover a society changing aspect in its own forum.

P

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Bearing in mind that this is only my opinion as a member - and not anything coming from staff or ATS directly - I agree with this. Digital Freedom does deserve its own forum IMO.

Currently I post all of my threads dealing with this issue in either "General Conspiracies" or "NWO". I think they would better fit in a dedicated forum.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great idea. Well done for putting it forward.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I agree, a dedicated forum as proposed in the original post here sounds legitimate.

cyber threats, protecting online anonymity, or new technologies that have broader social or political implications come up, and it's hard to justify creating these threads in the same forum that discusses black holes and the like.

I feel this is a very reasonable observation.
edit on 3/17/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Technology forum is definitely a great idea. We are in the digital age and there are so many interesting topics to discuss about in terms of technology.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments; so how often does ATS actually implement forum suggestion ideas?

top topics

join