It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drone Could Snatch Humans Off The Street!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As impressive as this technology is I can't help but feel we as a species should be using our creative talent and resources to better the quality of life on this planet.

Anyway, I thought it was well worth sharing with ATS.

Sorry if it has been posted previously. I did a search and came up with zilch.

Avian-Inspired Grasping For Quadrotor Micro Aerial Vehicles

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-3-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

BRING IT ON!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
As impressive as this technology is I can't help but feel we as a species should be using our creative talent and resources to better the quality of life on this planet.

Anyway, I thought it was well worth sharing with ATS.

Sorry if it has been posted previously. I did a search and came up with zilch.

Avian-Inspired Grasping For Quadrotor Micro Aerial Vehicles
www.youtube.com...

Don't be so gaddamn self-righteous. I get like you are here when I think about war machines and guns and rampant abuse of the earth's resources (which counter-intuitively does NOT make life better; for more information just google coal power emissions and human deaths) and religion (all kinds of faiths out there) and so on. But you know what? It's called life. S*** happens. And what I think is a problem somebody else might think is a godsend. People are different. Put a republican and a democrat on either side and they'll both argue forever because what one thinks is good the other thinks is bad. And this is why it's GOOD that there's debating in government. What matters isn't what you or I think, but whether we're still around tomorrow. In 2000 years earth might be classified as a spaceship, but it won't even matter anymore. We'll probably be able to re-create much of the life that ever existed, if desired. Of course, I doubt we will. But I can't say what will happen. And despite the trail of destruction behind us, we'll still stubbornly survive and rewrite history. You know what I mean? We like to condemn history and hold our present selves up as god's gift to earth.

We're an ugly miracle. We're a man with a beautiful face that hides an ugly spirit.

I kind of wrote about it more here in my last post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ed it on 16-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

HOLY SH....!!!!!

ATS sure has some of the best replies you can see on the internet!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay, I called it first this time. I trademark the bumper sticker!

"Don't taze me bro!"

...becomes...

"Don't drone me bro!"

Indeed. it's perfect! That's just so ideal as a counter-heckler drone...it's only a question of scale and time before someone makes a model to pick off that pesky loudmouth in the back row who always seems to sneak in!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Moving target practice, I'm game.

I'll try to shoot one down with a potato gun, be a little more challenging.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Is your name John Connor by any chance?

Asta lavista, 2nd line baby

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
is it just me, or has fishing just got a bit more interesting?

"wheres your rod and nets"

I dont need any i have an eagle quadrocopter

edit on 16-3-2013 by Biigs because: minor typo

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

They call me... Tater Salad.

Or I could just use some improvised rockets. I'm talented like that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It would take a really REALLY big drone to pick up a person.

You start getting up to the size of a Killer Egg, it's not really a drone anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Seems to a really great working model already, can't see that it would be hard to make a bigger on!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
IF it became possible to lift someone with a drone then they would be used to 'clean up'. The killer drones would do their thing, then these would pick up the bodies to haul them away. No humans needed. In fact, nobody need ever know !

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

LOL Made my day with that response.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Thanks for uploading the clip and yes I agree it will only be a matter of time before they scale this sucker up to lift a grown adult. Probably sooner than many would think. Possibly by the end of the decade.

However, even then it will take a fleet of these babies to lift the girl in the pic at the top of the page :

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

BRING IT ON!

OMG that is hands down the FUNNIEST post I have seen in weeks... laughed so hard I think I even peed a little... absolutely brilliant. Wish I could pass out applause points for that one...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I see great uses for snatch & grabs (bomb squads would be elated). But this is a pretty cumbersome set up up for people snatching.

I was wondering the other day about potential uses for drones & sound technology. Wouldn't have to snatch. Just vibrate a heart or a liver until desired damage is sustained. A bit of a heart attack here....a stroke there...voices inside my head over there... Last I heard they were pretty heavy even in the military sector.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

BRING IT ON!

FUNNIEST. Reply. On. ATS.

top topics

join