It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout tax shock for Cyprus savers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
just on dutch MSM...
NATO preparing for action agains Syria...

www.nu.nl...

guess the gas attack was an 3'th party valse flag...
how conveniant ..and perfect timing .... couse cypres will reject the monotairy aid...bringing the eurozone on the edge of existance.....

the perfect smokescreen for an collapsing financial system...

edit on 19-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
just on dutch MSM...
NATO preparing for action agains Syria...

www.nu.nl...

guess the gas attack was an 3'th party valse flag...
how conveniant ..and perfect timing .... couse cypres will reject the monotairy aid...bringing the eurozone on the edge of existance.....

the perfect smokescreen for an collapsing financial system...

Vote was just Rejected to raid the peoples banks, balls back in ECB court.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

the ECB has to send in cargo's of cash euro's to fill the cuprus banks up....if there comes an bankrun the banks are in an houre bankrupt....they invested most of the savings in greek statepaper wich is redused 2/.3 in value...
an bankrupt will have great effects on other banks...Greece/italy/spain and further.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well...there's stage 1 done...Cypriot government reject the theft!
Sit down and buckle up!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you didnt already, I will advise those in the Euro Zone to hold a few weeks worth of cash at home just in case the S hits the fan.

You never know what could happen. you could wake up tomorrow and all countrys could have a bank holiday.
edit on 19-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yep, and as for the rest I can only say if it was I....
fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me...

let the chips fall where they may its only a matter of time before its
free haircuts for everyone.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What's next , you have to pay your total mortgage within a month or else?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

Having lived and worked in Germany for years I have no doubt in my mind that the German people are NOT on some grand adventure to take over Europe. The problem is with politicians from all the nations of Europe who have latched onto the appealing idea of supra national control. It is they who we must direct our attention to.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just been having some 'time out' to take on board what is happening, and try and see the bigger picture here, because my gut over all this was telling me something is very, very wrong here, and I'm not talking about the legality of the 'levy' or who stands to lose/gain, whether money is being laundered through Cyprus....no it felt like something else. So here you go, this is what I have come up with.

We the people have been posting/occupying for a long while now about the corruption of the banks. We keep saying the system has to go, or at the very least be brought to book/court.
So, what if this whole scenario was indeed set up to trigger a bank run, with repocusions in other countries, and yes people panic and take all their money out of the banks. Aren't we playing straight into 'their' hands so the next thing we know, we have Pol Pots year zero, all money in our little hands is worthless because we have indeed brought the banks down....but hey presto...here comes the one world bank and new world order. What if they have been kicking the can down the road just to buy time to put the mechanisms in place to give us what we have been yelling for, the downfall of the banks, only to be replaced by a bigger and even more evil one?

If this feels right, then shouldn't we be playing them at their own game and only take out of the banks what we need to buy and invest in some say gold and silver, others say food supplies, others suggest commodities like tobacco and alcohol which can be traded? By keeping money within their system we stymie any plans they might have of a global bank. We start taking back our own power by controlling 'the market place of the little man'. The banks are now banking with us. Who pays the piper calls the tune. We can dictate and bring about change by literally being the moles in their camp.

Just a left field thought, what's yours?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
On the 28th of February 2013 the UK Independence Party (UKIP) beat the ruling Conservative Party and trounced the Labour Party in the Eastleigh by-election, only losing out to the Lib Dems. To give some perspective to that achievement UKIP are new with no local activist framework in Eastleigh, while the Lib Dems and Conservatives have ruled the place for decades.

In 2014 UKIP will fight for seats in the European elections. In 2009 they came second to the Conservative Party which was at the time believed to be a eurosceptic party. Now that the British public knows that David Cameron is a europhile it is practically certain that UKIP will hold the majority of seats come 2014.

And that brings us to the 2015 UK General Election. If the vote was held tomorrow Labour would win and Britain would be shackled to the EU forever. But a week is a long time in politics and there are many weeks left for UKIP to solidify their base and make further inroads. For the first time in recent history there is a force in British politics that will, if it can take Britain out of that undemocratic nightmare. The EU in its infinite wisdom is helping that cause along by continually staggering from one PR disaster to another. Nobody wins on bad news alone, there has to be some sweeteners along the way.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have money in a UK bank. I also have an account with a spread betting company. Does anybody know if I was to transfer all my bank deposit to my trader account if it would be any safer. I understand these trader accounts are supposed to be governed by financial regulations so may be a safe holding place. Only thing is to get money out you have to transfer back to a debit card, which is linked to a bank account. Any other ideas welcome.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Funnily enough I was just discussing this with a friend of mine who runs an online betting site. Yes your deposit into such an account would have to go back into the same account the money originated from, anywhere else and it is 'laundering'. Also these kind of things have to be reported to the authorities otherwise they lose their licence.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I think that for decades the financial institutions have been living large on the profits wrought from the investments and savings of the public. They have partied and enjoyed an almost unregulated system, which they have abused until it fell to pieces. All of this has happened under the noses of governments who have allowed it to happen for the tax receipts.

I believe that the financial sector and the governments that ought to regulate them have become so intertwined that one can't live without the other. If I am correct then starving them of cash is the best way to hurt them. Bring down banks where possible, ask politicians difficult questions at every opportunity and become active.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Rob7774 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Just been having some 'time out' to take on board what is happening, and try and see the bigger picture here, because my gut over all this was telling me something is very, very wrong here, and I'm not talking about the legality of the 'levy' or who stands to lose/gain, whether money is being laundered through Cyprus....no it felt like something else. So here you go, this is what I have come up with.

We the people have been posting/occupying for a long while now about the corruption of the banks. We keep saying the system has to go, or at the very least be brought to book/court.
So, what if this whole scenario was indeed set up to trigger a bank run, with repocusions in other countries, and yes people panic and take all their money out of the banks. Aren't we playing straight into 'their' hands so the next thing we know, we have Pol Pots year zero, all money in our little hands is worthless because we have indeed brought the banks down....but hey presto...here comes the one world bank and new world order. What if they have been kicking the can down the road just to buy time to put the mechanisms in place to give us what we have been yelling for, the downfall of the banks, only to be replaced by a bigger and even more evil one?

If this feels right, then shouldn't we be playing them at their own game and only take out of the banks what we need to buy and invest in some say gold and silver, others say food supplies, others suggest commodities like tobacco and alcohol which can be traded? By keeping money within their system we stymie any plans they might have of a global bank. We start taking back our own power by controlling 'the market place of the little man'. The banks are now banking with us. Who pays the piper calls the tune. We can dictate and bring about change by literally being the moles in their camp.

Just a left field thought, what's yours?

Rainbows
Jane

Good thoughts, I say go with your gut and do what you think will help you survive the coming crisis.
Without a doubt there is trouble on the horizon and it is up to the individual to read the tea leaves and do what they think best.

We are of the camp of get the money out because we feel that tardiness will bring hunger and regret to our household.

I hope we are wrong and if so no harm done to us at least.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ECB Responds To Cyprus, Says "Will Provide Liquidity To Cyprus Within Existing Rules"

www.zerohedge.com...

Essentially they are saying no money unless you take your citizens wealth. Regardless, come Thursday the banks will open for a few minutes and will be insolvent. Cyprus is toast (though I know Russia wants to come to their aid with promises to gain access to their natural resources recently discovered)

and across the ocean, good ole Ben keeps on reminding people that the printing will continue, low interest rates rule the day (and you will bet more funds will be flowing to European banks via the FED)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yes, I think this pretty much does it, many will follow suit if they were to go
through with it, its sheer insanity.

As they pressedorward with the tax, see the IMF as the instigator,
for what outcome they have already planned.

edit on 19-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I wonder if there is a slow uptick in withdrawals in other European Nations, does anyone have this information?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Gazprom Offers Cyprus Restructuring Deal to Avoid EU Bailout

Russian energy giant Gazprom has offered the Republic of Cyprus a plan in which the company will undertake the restructuring of the country’s banks in exchange for exploration rights for natural gas in Cyprus’’ exclusive economic zone, local media reported.

Representatives of the Russian company submitted the proposal to the office of Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades on Sunday evening, Sigma TV reported.

The proposal states that Gazprom will fund the restructuring of the country’s crippled financial institutions in exchange for substantial control over the country’s gas resources while Cyprus won’t need to take the harsh bailout package offered by the EU.

greece.greekreporter.com...

well..there was that row twixt israel and Lebanon about who owns those gas fields in the Med

ps
btw
in the US ( and the other bailout victims and pigs ) they called it a bailout and put the nosh on the taxpayers so the DEFERED theft is actually in full swing
edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Everyone pays taxes and to an extent know why it is necessary to pay taxes

But......

Money in peoples bank accounts has already been 'taxed once', and if they have been

shrewd and managed to save some any interest they accrue on their savings is taxed

so that is 'twice taxed' And now they are to take a percentage which in fact

now makes that money 'thrice taxed'

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Reddit rumors:

Some unconfirmed inside info... one of the 2 major banks of the island has just been sold to the Russians.

2nd EDIT: It's on Greek TV right now, expect more media coverage soon.

EDIT: Okay here is the whole deal based on still unconfirmed rumours!

Cyprus is preparing a 'PLAN B' in order to raise funds and bailout the banks, which foresees:

An internal lending plan drawing funds from the provident fund among others.

The acquisition of Laiki Bank by 4 Russian businessmen

Russian tycoon Dmitry Rybolovlev which owns 10% of Cyprus will contribute to increasing the capital of Cyprus by 1-1.5 billion.

Here's the catch, this plan has to be approved by the euro-group because it can't materialise if the EU cuts ELA funding to Cypriot banks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join