It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout tax shock for Cyprus savers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
wat will be the effect on european banks when the cypriots couse the banks in Cyprus to fall douwn on thursday?
they will prevent it ...but on long terms with no savings every bank is uselesss...

edit on 18-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

this documentry....read as if the euro falls...... lots of hitpoints.....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Anyway, you think this is bad, how about the EUs new plan to BAN any political parties they don't like from even being able to stand for seats in the European parliament - they won't even let you vote for any party they don't like - all nationalist parties by the way.

See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Cyprus pushed the bank hoilday to thursday. Something went wrong and whatever they were doing just died on the Operating table. I think there is going to major panic starting march 25th.

Maybe, just maybe enough people outside of Cyprus are paying attention. Maybe this has spread across the internet enough, with enough understanding of the implications, and anger -- that they are going to back down. They have found our line in the sand.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Anyway, you think this is bad, how about the EUs new plan to BAN any political parties they don't like from even being able to stand for seats in the European parliament - they won't even let you vote for any party they don't like - all nationalist parties by the way.

See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's unbelievable.

I mentioned on that in the UKIP thread a few days back.

People should not be shocked, this is the same organisation that makes countries vote until they get the right vote when pushing through treaties. The EU Mafia is by far one of the most blatant example of legalised criminals that I have ever known, but the level of hatred towards people from individual nations has probably not been seen perhaps ever in the history of Europe. They have nothing but contempt for the individual country and its people within Europe, because it is not what the EU superstate is about. The EU superstate is about a continent devoid of individual freedom, but formed of a two tier system, the very wealthy, the very poor, filled with drones that serve the EU and nothing more. Nationalism promotes more, so nationalism must be destroyed.

They fear the far right because it is only the nationalists that stand between the EU of today and the EU superstate of tomorrow. That's why the far right have always been demonised by TPTB, the concept of total EU wide police state, with a centralised government, can only be done with the destruction of identity. Nationalism is dangerous to them, because it promotes unity of all people of those exact countries that they wish to control and dominate. The EU superstate can only exist if nationalism is dead, it is no different than what the Soviet machine did. It didn't work for the Soviet Union and I tell you now, it will never work for the EU Mafia.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
All I can say is that "This is It" and it is not a concert tour.
We personally have a good sized "cash stash" and we are expanding it today as I type this.

We are removing assets from various accounts and converting them to cash to add to our mattress.
We hope to add about 15 k and will proceed to liquidate more and more till our accounts are at the minimum they the banks will allow.

Myself and the wife are of the age where our parents lived through the great depression, the number one rule in all the speeches we received was this......now pay attention you young whippersnappers!

During the depression everyone who not only survived it in tact but almost flourished were the ones who had access to cash period.

The common theme of the day then was if your taxes were due and you could not pay them then you lost your home.

You can't pay taxes when there are no banks but you can pay if you sleep on your money.
You can't cash a check/you can't pay bills/you can't access your money/your plastic cards won't work/ you can't buy gas/ you can't buy food/you can't buy medicine/ in a nut shell you go broke and starved even if you have a million dollars in the bank.

There is no difference to this occurrence happening now in Cyprus in that what happened in the "Great Depression.

None zip zero nadda......They did not re-issue the currency during the depression nor are they doing that now....."at least for now"

So the story goes like this......"Cash Is King"
Here in Canada with our bank (TD) the most you can get in one day is $3000.00 without having to make an appointment.

Makes you wonder a bit No? This rule was put into effect about 3 years ago and as far as I can see the only reason is to put the brakes on a Bank run.

I believe that the actions described in this thread are going to result in world wide protest against our very dear friends the "Money Gods" and I hope to hell this stirs the pot up because if it does not we are all doomed.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
You don't think this is a big deal? Excuse me, this is unprecedented! The only time this sort of thing happens is before major wars and great depressions! But this system needs to collapse - it's dead, it doesn't work and people are sick of it. Let it die so we can finally create something that benefits all of us.

Banks Holiday in Cyprus 'till Thursday

Yeah... you say that now... Now that loans are due and EU club payments are due... That's convenient. Nobody in Cyprus was complaining of the EU system when Germany/the EU stepped in and rescued Cyprus with loans... Curious.

June 13, 2012- Cyprus looking for a loan which apparently they got.

June 27, 2012- Cyprus: Eurozone countries accept bailout request

January 18, 2013- Germany Balks at Bailing out Cyprus

edit on 18/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The problem with this is the Cyprus government doesn't have the votes to start this robbery.....and everyone knows once the banks are opened everyone is going to cash out. Cyprus owns A LOT of the Greek debt, and once Cyprus goes there goes Greece, then Italy / Spain and the crash begins.

They just destroyed the European Union, might have just destroyed us all.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just watched RT news....Russia is a heavy investor in the Cypriot banking sector....they are already withdrawing moneys. So answer me this, big Russian companies can and are able to access their moneys and are moving it to "other parts of the world", so how come they can and Joe public can't? Apparently China and Japan are also heavy investors and they are already making noises about removing their 'cash'.

Also, if the billions that are invested are removed....there wont be enough left surely to give Cyprus the levarage it needs to secure its next bailout?....game over?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
The problem with this is the Cyprus government doesn't have the votes to start this robbery.....and everyone knows once the banks are opened everyone is going to cash out. Cyprus owns A LOT of the Greek debt, and once Cyprus goes there goes Greece, then Italy / Spain and the crash begins.

They just destroyed the European Union, might have just destroyed us all.

Agreed but to avoid a one line post I will say this.....
I see the banks not opening for quite some time if ever.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Just watched RT news....Russia is a heavy investor in the Cypriot banking sector....they are already withdrawing moneys. So answer me this, big Russian companies can and are able to access their moneys and are moving it to "other parts of the world", so how come they can and Joe public can't? Apparently China and Japan are also heavy investors and they are already making noises about removing their 'cash'.

Also, if the billions that are invested are removed....there wont be enough left surely to give Cyprus the levarage it needs to secure its next bailout?....game over?

Rainbows
Jane

Yes it is game over for the little guy/gal trying to make a living.

Get your money out folks no matter where you live do it now.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Good info here, a rare glimse into the secrets of bloodsucking conducted by the IMF,
by The Guardian, with a cameo by Josheph Stiglitz.

IMF's Four Steps To Damnation
www.guardian.co.uk...

President Nicos Anastasiades was trying to compel policy makers in Brussels to soften demands
for a tax to be assessed on Cypriot bank deposits, saying European Union leaders used “blackmail”
to get him to agree to those conditions early Saturday in order to receive a bailout package
worth 10 billion euros, or $13 billion.www.nytimes.com...

Iceland did it right! Arrest the bankers, and kick them out.

edit on 18-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

You should be more curious, why would Cyprus adopt Euro (1.1.2008) when their currency exchange rate was 0.585274 per EUR 1.00 > 1.4612 USD !

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The truth is now starting to reveal itself to the blind....

Yet still none are watching or refusing to believe the truth...

They are still entangled in the lies... Or refuse to accept the truth....

Yet what has happened in Cyprus, will inevitable occur in some form or manner else where as well,

I am willing to bet now that dancing with the stars is premiering tonight in America, the majority of the people will not be paying any attention to this story, or will be to stupid to understand it..

I learned years ago that what is happening will happen and there is nothing anyone will do to stop it, simply because of laziness, lack of intelligence, fear, greed, selfishness, dependent on the lies, lack of integrity, etc. every human vice you can imagine..

Intellectuals are not the majority on this planet, the majority on this planet living in civilizations are weak...

So might as well grab your popcorn and watch the fireside theater...

When they see how easy it is to get away with in Cyprus, others will try it out as well..
edit on 18-3-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacexodus

I see you have two posts in your profile. So first off: Welcome to ATS!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry. From what I'm reading... your post is superfluous and not applicable to the point I was making.

You might as well be saying: "so why did that guy in that café in Cyprus order a pizza? Everybody knows he's not Italian!"

I can't make that jump. It could be that it's late... Sorry. It's almost 2:00am here. Maybe you can help by connecting what you're saying better- with the post/point written by me. Maybe then it will make more sense(?)

It's not needed, but a link from a source on the internet usually helps to reinforce your point.

edit on 19/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Some News regarding Cyprus I just heard on the radio.
Apparently they changed the plan to something like this:
No "tax" for deposits under 20.000€, 6.75% for those between 20.000 and 100.000€ and 12.75% for those above 100.000€.
The german government was very swift yesterday to ensure, that "german private savings will not be touched, we will remember our guarantee given 2 years ago". (when the whole crisis started and germany gave the big loans for other countries, the government guaranteed for all private deposits if a bank might crash and that private money won't be touched to save banks)
But... I don't believe them to be honest, they just don't have the power to save private deposits when the Eurocrats in Brussels want the money...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

Maybe the plan is this:

The EU want to be an all powerful superstate. As pointed out in an excellent post above, in order to achieve this they need to destroy national identities.

BUT...

Maybe another way is to destroy the economies of countries, bail them out with big fat loans with very nasty terms, and then to basically seize the assets of the countries, i.e it could be the property of the country, or in essence the country itself.

Maybe they start this by taking peoples money so that they kick off, then say "okay, yes that is unfair, we'll have all state owned assets instead as collateral". And people agree because in their eyes the property doesn't belong to them, and their few Shekels are saved.

Then they don't need to convert people to want to join the EU, or trick them into giving away their sovereign powers, they basically "own" them and they will do as they're told in the guise of it being "necessary" economically.

They twist and turn like a twisty turney thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
Some News regarding Cyprus I just heard on the radio.
Apparently they changed the plan to something like this:
No "tax" for deposits under 20.000€, 6.75% for those between 20.000 and 100.000€ and 12.75% for those above 100.000€.
The german government was very swift yesterday to ensure, that "german private savings will not be touched, we will remember our guarantee given 2 years ago". (when the whole crisis started and germany gave the big loans for other countries, the government guaranteed for all private deposits if a bank might crash and that private money won't be touched to save banks)
But... I don't believe them to be honest, they just don't have the power to save private deposits when the Eurocrats in Brussels want the money...

They can change whatever they want, this landmark event changed things forever.

People now know that their savings are on the table.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

This started a few days ago before the banks closed and everyone rushed to the ATMs and banks to withdraw their money, so possibly the Russians moved their money then.

I also think when the banks reopen Thursday there will be a big bank run again. Even though there won't be any tax on depositors less than 20,000 euro I still think people will be angry/untrusting and will take their money out. Russia may do this, also.

What an awful situation. I am going to stock up on canned goods and start a small garden in case this comes to a theatre near us! (Don't have any money, really, to take out)
edit on 19-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by texasgirl because: Add a word

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sadly, the british government will not give a guarantee that the same will not happen here.
Any tax on a person's savings is theft never mind 6 %.
So, yesterday, I was in the bank and two elderly couples in front of me withdrew the max amount of £500, joking about bills to pay. Went in again today, there were six people in front of me and three withdree the max of £500.....so I decided to do the same.
What has changed since last Friday is that ALL banks, became an UNSAFE place to leave your money!

the die has been cast and banking may well have committed suicide because of its horrific greed!

Goodbye banks!

Please don't turn up in the next life!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Thats why I keep my bank accounts at below zero. When they tell me they will take me to court, I deposit to put it back at zero...

cash I can control. Digital numbers I can not.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join