It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Nazca Lines....Solved!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

not gonna play that game.
your wrong and can't admit it.
i'm done with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

It's a naturally flat ridge top.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I found the hill on Google Earth.
14°33'52.30"S , 75°11'32.34"W
Doesn't really seem very flat if you look at it from different angles. Not much of a mountain either, just a low ridge.

edit on 3/17/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Mescaline that explains it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Unlike a cactus, your theory doesn't hold water.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Ok, you got me. It's a plateau, not a mesa.

If you study all the surrounding mountain tops, and also the shape of the mountain crest leading up to the flattened area, you will indeed get the strong impression that it was artificially flattened.

Did you even look at it in detail ? No way that is a natural formation. Someone cut the whole top off, there is no geological process able to explain the look of this flat mountain top.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
10/10 for the effort put into your thread, that was a lot of work and very well presented and informative, thanks

Unfortunately I just can't see the cactus in the lines so I'll have to agree to differ with you.

SnF for the time and effort involved

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
S&F Kantzveldt keep pushing the envelope the fact that you are an art historian weighs heavily in your favor,I know next to nothing about the culture that created those lines,so I can't comment on the veracity of your theory but I am now inspired to look into the folks who made those incredible works of art,one thing that struct me is how universal human sacrifice is with the rise of agriculture and civilization,see your Ta-Seti thread,the Greeks had it the Phoenicians,the Roman coliseum was much more than blood sport, Christians pray to a sacrificed God and to this day when we send our young to war we speak in-terms of sacrifice, like the Brits used to say FOR GOD , ,KING/QUEEN AND COUNTRY!!
edit on 17-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thanks, and in response to your question yes headless remains have been found as well as trophy heads, the most intriguing remains are those which had a high status burial despite having their heads removed, suggesting they lost them in accepted cultural rituals.

[ureply to post by intrptr

You're right to try to picture the sense of occasion, thats the motivating factor for relatively few Nazca to continually produce the lines in the desert season after season...they enjoyed the activities.

That's a Paracas textile yes, have a glimpse here of their amazing range of design;

Paracas Textile

For me the textiles are more of an achievement than the lines.

That's not a flaw, there is no evidence for the tops of any mountains having been cut off, the creation of all the lines involved light construction methods, clearing away the top few inches of dust and stones.

Flawed methodology is when people have tried to understand the reason for the lines creation without taking the least interest in the culture that created them, their motivation has to be found in other cultural expressions, and the main interest of their culture was head hunting.

reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

And that's the sum of much of what i'm seeing here... lets give the visitors from inner space a chance.

reply to post by Spider879

Thanks, i think in some ways this is similar to what you mentioned about the Heb sed festival of Egypt, a regular gathering of the people to witness the King prove himself within a sacred space, playing out a drama that also had a cosmological basis, differences in approach of course, but as you say, this was a common element of many ancient cultures.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If I understand this correctly, the 27 figures that also form the Nazca lines, came to be when they tried to represent a cactus? The Nazca lines are nothing more than the result of giant representation of a cactus?

You know what's funny when they try to debunk ancient mysteries? That those ancient people knew how to draw very well, but some how we have the need to explain away the "aliens" by saying that they got confused about what they were trying to depict. In here we can see animals that we can tell immediately what they are, but then we have this strange man in a suit.

The other explanation that I could accept besides aliens, is what the book supernatural by Graham Hancock explains: They were depicting what they saw when they were hallucinating. What also pose the question: where they hallucinating or were they in another level of consciousness/reality that is/was as real as this one?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I still say the mountain that has the top sheared off flat is where the enterprise d saucer section was filmed landing in startrek

and a flag for mentioning startrek

edit on 18-3-2013 by hisshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thanks Kantz, same

Hey, forgot to mention, I read somewhere a cool explanation for the lines : Disciples of the shamans had to practice OBE in Nazca, fly over the lines and describe the figures. Definitely no need of planes with the san pedro.

This makes sense, you can have an OBE and still be doing soemthing in your physical body. I have heard of people being able to watch themselves drive all over town while they floated above. This could be how they created the animals figures, watching themselves take 2 inches of dirt off the ground and guiding themselves from above to move below in a pattern.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

That's clearly a cactus.
edit on 18-3-2013 by NL800 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by passit

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thanks Kantz, same

Hey, forgot to mention, I read somewhere a cool explanation for the lines : Disciples of the shamans had to practice OBE in Nazca, fly over the lines and describe the figures. Definitely no need of planes with the san pedro.

This makes sense, you can have an OBE and still be doing something in your physical body. I have heard of people being able to watch themselves drive all over town while they floated above. This could be how they created the animals figures, watching themselves take 2 inches of dirt off the ground and guiding themselves from above to move below in a pattern.

It's possible to help them on their journey they took a drug called Ayahuasca, in the Congo something similar is called Eboga people say they have OBEs can travel dimensions and time travel in space all kind of weird and interesting stuff but it's not supposed to be addictive so maybe it make sense that one can see those drawings from the sky because they are really viewing the world from above. goto youtube video and put Ayahuasca, Eboga or Dmt in your search engine.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's also worth noting that the effect of the cactus brew would have caused the hallucinogenic visualization of thought process, such that a singular idea can be seen as a focal point, and from this related notions go off in all directions, inter-secting and leading to other thought forms, thus the workings of the inner mind create graphic ideograms, with which the Heavens and Earthly plane are in harmony with...all in the brew.

On a practical note, it might be considered that many of the remote location sites for lines are in neutral zones between Nazcan settlements. That was much dispute between communities over land and water rights, these would possibly have been settled with staged ritual conflicts in a neutral area, were the victors would go home with the trophy heads and water rights etc...

However, the proposed political structure of the Nasca realm does not preclude intra-ethnic fighting between members of different chiefdomsfor prized agricultural lands

Although the method of procuring trophy heads has been disputed, all scholars agree that the ultimate reason for taking the heads, and their subsequent use, was ritual in nature.

people.umass.edu...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think there is far more support that the lines are linked to rituals involving water than there is any evidence of some cactus ritual. Is there any artifact actually showing people ingesting hallucinogenic cacti?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

Yes in the post above your own....it was turned into a brew.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about the actual serious academic professor David Johnson who has convincingly decoded the formations as symbolic language for communicating the location of available water sources and related information.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that was the ONLY reason they exist, but it seems to be undeniable now that it was their primary functional purpose:

www.archaeologydaily.com/news/201008304946/Nasca-Lines-may-be-giant-map-of-underground-water-sources.html

The Nasca plain is one of the driest places on Earth, getting less than one inch of rain a year. So, when Johnson started his research in 1995, he became aware of the scarcity of water in the region and the effect that this had on agricultural production and the quality of life.

While looking for sources of water, he noticed that ancient aqueducts, called puquios, seemed to be connected with some of the lines. The expert said that a high percentage of potable water of the mountain chain moves through underground filtrations and that the pre-Hispanic population knew perfectly the cartography of water.

He said that lines like the ones in Nasca would be "a language to communicate where underground wells and aqueducts are located".

Johnson gave each figure a meaning: the trapezoids always point to a well. The circles to a place where the fountain is located. And the complex figures as well. For example, the hummingbird points to a giant well with its beak.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
wee scumbags with their head hunting

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm also not sure about the cactus theory...

Maybe there's a link with Orion's Belt?

edit on 26-3-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join