It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Nazca Lines....Solved!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thanks Kantz, same

Hey, forgot to mention, I read somewhere a cool explanation for the lines : Disciples of the shamans had to practice OBE in Nazca, fly over the lines and describe the figures. Definitely no need of planes with the san pedro.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

BANG dude. That picture from the Voyager plate does hit the nail on the head !!

That's the closest resemblance I've stumbled upon so far, and these lines do fascinate me for quite some time already. Really an astonishing similarity.

@ Kantzfeld: Really impressive south american artwork as well. And while it is stunningly beautiful it has its very own character and has nothing similar with the cold geometric figures in Nazca.

Btw am I the only one who looks at the artwork and ponders just how many mushrooms these people ate on a daily base ?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

If the Nazcan had designed a disc for outer space it would have been like this;

The Oculated Being...Aliens would then have known best to avoid.

reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

The artwork from the region is very beautiful and strange, but it is also geometric...

edit on 16-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with the others on this one......

I dont think that a lot of it has to do with "what" they are but more of how was it dont, and even if that would

have been explained in your post related it to a cactus.... i dont see them going through that much planning

over some cactus patterns.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thought provoking thread but I am not quite convinced - even though you must be commended for your effort. I would like to pose two thoughts to you - in that you might be able to utilise them within your study of this subject.

1. Have any archaeological excavations located any of the skeletal remains of the headless victims? In addition isn't it on or near the Nazca plains that many many many mummified remains have been found - where the mummies are left to dry out in the rain parched land?

2. The cactus proposition and your extreme close up photographs made me think of the 'ley' lines that are discussed by many researchers.

I enjoyed reading your research and I hope my points might stimulate your intellect - if not you may even have answers already for my thoughts/questions. Good work & well done. Don't worry about the detractors they don't yet understand the mindset of a truly enquiring mind.

Much Peace...
edit on 16-3-2013 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
O.P. i like it,very over simplified but i've always thought there could be many reasons behind the lines,
and tripping tribesmen could very well be one of them.That plateau looks like a great place for a party...

Of course it doesn't explain it all,but as for the detail displayed,i'm not sure people understand what feats you can accomplish on halucenogenic's (spelling)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I can't see it myself, looks nothing like it to be honest, but each to their own.

Nice artifact picks though, hadnt looked into their culture much before, didnt know they were headhunters and drug addicts lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Part of what you imply makes sense to me. I try to imagine what a people in the desert do for entertainment without modern escapisms... I imagine once you add the cactus and ritual dancing to the few pastimes they did have...

From the ground these "lines" as we call them look more like pathways worn in the ground. A lot of ritualistic tramping in a "follow the leader" stylized dance, around and around, all night long.

Nazca "Paths"

I have no way of knowing this, but try to imagine all these people dressed in their finest brightly colored linens, all "flying" on cactus and dancing in the lines, tramping the paths into depressions. The next day some would swear they saw the plain from above and a giant humming bird or spider. Some kind of mystical OBE achievement for them like others have mentioned.

The person that could draw the object the closest won favor as being the most enlightened

"Ha ha, did you see Pedro last night? He was "fly-eeeng".

"Yah, but he saw the spider too."

Maybe thats how they chose new shamans, or just partied the night away.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Is that on fabric?

Nazca bridge or checkers anyone?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by phantomjack

And the flaw is...?

the flaw is ...
although your hypothesis might explain the stylized patterns. you don't explain the straight lines. especially the one that looks like the top of a mountain was cut off to make what looks a runway, and there is no debris found any where around it.

besides,
i don't think a tripping,headhunting shamen, could even walk a straight line if he had to.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Like these ones?
farm3.staticflickr.com...
mw2.google.com...
tchester.org...

I think it's called a mesa.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

no not those, give me a bit and i'll find the one.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I meant that there are flat topped hills and mountains.
They don't have to be cut.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i know what you mean.

i'm talking aboutthe set of lines you see all the time when they show them.
it's one mountain, in the middle of others that have all the all the characteristics what you would expect of mountains. and this one appears to have it's top cut off.

the ones you so are standing all by themselves.

still haven't found a picture yet, i know it's out there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's ok. I know what you are talking about. That's a mesa too.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I agree I am not sure this is a solution to NAZCA lines.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

not a mesa.

from Websters

me·sa noun \ˈmā-sə\
Definition of MESA
an isolated relatively flat-topped natural elevation usually more extensive than a butte and less extensive than a plateau; also : a broad terrace with an abrupt slope on one side : bench

below are two views of the nazca moutains range i'm talking about.

they don't appear to be isolated to me. how about you?

Linkwww.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OP, stop it with the logical theories based on reason. Don't you know it was aliens!!!!! It had to be aliens!!!!!! There is no other explanation than aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thats a rare runway mesa..........................i saw that in Air America too....

Seriously, are the lines not quite fragile somehow?
Could they be worn out by too much prancing around in ceremonial masks?
The desert top cover is not thick either.....so any protracted mobbing about between the lines would tend to blur the lines out over the centuries....
How much wear would it take to ruin the two tone effect of the two soils?
Because they could not be seen (presumably) the mystery of their creation still hangs over the whole shebang....
The surveying job must have been a very complicated proceedure.....looking at straight lines kilometers long is not that easy to lay out over broken desert....
In fact it would be interesting to hear your take on the how ......
As well there is a tri pointed sign on the coastal cliffs which i hear points directly towards the plateau...or was that just some coincidental thing?Its... miles away....and could be unrelated i suppose....
You dont suppose they got all tuned up on hyuasca and flew enormous kites that could carry a man?.or HANG GLIDERS?
They do it in Tibet still ive heard.....
But that would give them some scope to view the lines by???

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

they don't appear to be isolated to me.

Ok, you got me. It's a plateau, not a mesa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join