It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Unnatural Features on Moon Surface

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Some quick sharpen of certain areas and local contrast enhance done on boxed area. Things that stand out to me are lineations in the landscape including some that cross the Sherrington crater. Besides what seems to be partially buried structures spanning certain parts of the landscape.

For some reason this pic below is showing up in reduced size. Be sure to click the links below the picture to get to the full size picture.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

plus.google.com...

edit on 19-3-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

still not seeing it ... not that your descriptions aren't vague and ambiguous or anything.

Perhaps, as has been repeatedly requested: Arrows? Circles? Outlines? Highlights?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I hope you are not using your mobile phone to examine these images. I would start with the large rectangular area which should stand out to the left of Sherrington crater. Keep in mind these structures are most likely partially buried under layers of regolith of varying thickness.

There seems to be a fairly large complex feature within Sherrington crater, on the left crater wall to be more specific. I haven't really taken a real good look due to time constraints but it's just sitting there. It also seems to be visible on Clementine UVVIS mosaic though not as clearly.

Certain linear structures on the crater wall that seem to connect to related features outside the crater is also obvious to me. Possible network or some sort? Underground tubes? Ejecta ray from other near by impacts?

edit on 20-3-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by PINGi14

still not seeing it ... not that your descriptions aren't vague and ambiguous or anything.

Perhaps, as has been repeatedly requested: Arrows? Circles? Outlines? Highlights?

If I outlined and circled everything I think it would interfere more than help. Like I said, I've sharpened certain areas and highlighted a couple of rectangular areas with contrast enhance which should help a lot. However most areas remain untouched and I leave them for the viewers to explore. The final step of questioning the official narrative that everything on the Moon is natural and nothing ever existed on the Moon must be individually experienced and shouldn't be forced. However when it does speak to you, the extent of the surface-modification and the implication of it all can be a goosebump inducing experience.

Admittedly I failed to consider the cynicism that exist in this field but please accept I am doing all this in good faith and will consider all request for specific information and sources keeping in mind all will be released after rigorous testing and verification. These images are out there with Creative Commons license to edit, redistribute under your name non-commercially as long as credit is given to original source.

Lastly, this is just one of many areas with seemingly unnatural and unique surface features identified so far. One may be a fluke but multiple can start to tell a story, one that we haven't been told about the Moon. It could also provide a big clue to the question of whether intelligent extraterrestrial life was/is out there. You could consider this small scene around Sherrington crater as exclusive preview and request for feedback to ATS community since objective analysis is what the ATS community is known for. So any analysis, debunk, etc with sound reasoning are most welcome.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Quick example. Here is Meitner H crater showing possible artificial surface features and to its right, a seemingly bright crater containing a possible structure within. A linear feature connecting these two craters stands out as well. Two rectangular highlighted boxes result of local contrast enhancement.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14

If I outlined and circled everything I think it would interfere more than help.

The only thing it would interfere with is your ability to continue this BS claim your so called structures would show on the LRO images plain and simple so why not use the 50cm/pixel LRO images to back your case.

OH we all know why that wont happen

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Here's Meitner H crater as seen by LRO:

(rotated to match the Apollo image

There isn't much hi-res coverage in that area, but there are a couple of strips covering Meitner H crater:
target.lroc.asu.edu...
L ROC WMS Browser

I don't see any structures or anything unsual. Keep in mind that Apollo images suffer from low resolution and compression artifacts. It's always better to explore LRO imagery instead (although I've seen one high-res Apollo image that rivals LRO, but that was from a top-down mapping camera).

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
One thing I have noticed, no ejecta 'rays' from the impact craters, unless that part of the moon the Luna 'soil' is meters deep.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Some quick sharpen of certain areas and local contrast enhance done on boxed area. Things that stand out to me are lineations in the landscape including some that cross the Sherrington crater.

I think I see what you mean.

Is this what you see?
(click for full size)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

I was heavily involved in the 'Apollo Lunar Landing Mission' as a cartographer and photogrammertrist for a government agency responsible for mapping the moon. We were in particular providing landing site maps for each mission, including many alternate landing sites. We also provided other types of maps, ie for the geologist etc. Also 3-D surface maps made of plastic.

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first humans to see the back side of the moon.

I spent every hour at the agency over many years utilizing every frame of photography taken. We did analysis with instruments that were the state of the art at that time, astronaut's lives and the mission success depended on accurate information and analysis of the smallest details. What you are providing for analysis is poor compared to what we were able to see with these high resolution desk size optical instruments.

I can assure you and readers of this thread, that what you are seeing is typical lunar landscape, and there are no ET made structures in this photo clip. This is the reason why no other ATS reader was able to see what your mind is conjuring up.

Keep looking, there are more interesting lunar features than what you think you see here.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarcartographer
reply to post by PINGi14

Keep looking, there are more interesting lunar features than what you think you see here.

Your parting statement might be misread to imply what the OP thinks they are seeing (evidence of buried artificial structures), is nothing compared to the pictures of the actual artificial structures (somewhere else on Luna).

I'm not an adherent to any of the pareidolia nonsense predictably popping on from time to time claiming alien bases, crashed starships, and other such.
On the other hand, if ever there was a place where evidence of Extraterrestrial visitation at any time in the past might be preserved for exo-archaeological inquiry, Luna might be an ideal and convenient place to find it.

Thus, if your credentials are what you claim they are, what say you to the claims by saucer-eyed dreamers reporting artificial structures on the moon?
Note: we'll want some evidence if you give any indication of confirmation.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Some quick sharpen of certain areas and local contrast enhance done on boxed area. Things that stand out to me are lineations in the landscape including some that cross the Sherrington crater.

I think I see what you mean.

Is this what you see?
(click for full size)

Yes, thanks for the graphic ArMaP.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
An object that should be obvious to 2001 Odyssey fans. The monolith. Could it be?

View from different angle. Secondary confirmation?

Source: AS08-17-2742, Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

I don't know what it is but it looks like a standing object. 2001 Odyssey Monolith is just fiction as you should know.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
To ArMaP,

The OP has provided us with a reference for the lunar Apollo 8 tiff image AS08-17-2744 which shows the area currently under discussion. There are other images available such as 2743; 2745 and 2746 that also show the same area, but the only versions I can find for these particular images are the jpg versions.

Would you happen to know if the tiff versions of the other images in this particular series can be referenced?
edit on 21-3-2013 by arianna because: text

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Large-size Apollo photography is available at the Apollo Flight Journal: history.nasa.gov...

The location for OP's "obelisk" is a small crater (LRO image, rotated and squeezed to simulate the Apollo image):

Top-down view:

I don't see any obelisk there. There are 2 hi-res LRO strips that cover that area, but unfortunately both of them miss that small crater: wms.lroc.asu.edu... and wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Thankfully, we also have the fairly hi-res Apollo 15 and 17 metric mapping images (which I think not many people are aware of). Most of these provide top-down views, but there are also some oblique shots. They have resolution of about 7-8 meters.

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Rotated and squeezed to simulate the OP's image:

I have a strong feeling that the "obelisk" appeared simply due to the low resolution of the original image, as well as pareidolia accentuated by the heavy processing of the image.

More metric mapping coverage of that area:
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
Would you happen to know if the tiff versions of the other images in this particular series can be referenced?

I couldn't find any.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I couldn't find any.

That's interesting that you couldn't find any either.

There has to be a library of large-format tiff images somewhere among NASA's archives, but I wonder where.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is a close view of the so-called 'obelisk'.

Personally, I do not think it is an obelisk. It is either a head statue or some form of communication device. Could it possibly be a parabolic reflector. What is of more interest are the objects showing in the nearer crater.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here is a close view of the so-called 'obelisk'.

Personally, I do not think it is an obelisk. It is either a head statue or some form of communication device. Could it possibly be a parabolic reflector. What is of more interest are the objects showing in the nearer crater.

There is NO detail to identify that object as what you claim

How about a shadow in a small crater

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join