It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Unnatural Features on Moon Surface

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Please examine this photo of lunar surface taken during Apollo mission. Source is official, processing is documented, and reproduction is possible.

plus.google.com...

There is more than one way to skin a cat.
edit on Sat Mar 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by PINGi14

It would be very helpful if you could tell us what you think is so special about this image. You have started this thread and posted a link to the image, so please give us your opinion. In fact, that's what you are expected to do as the thread's OP.

Thank you.

EDIT: also, do you have a link to the original image, rather than only this "WECAMEINPEACE.net" version of it? That would be helpful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 16/3/13 by JustMike because: Added edit and tags.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Great.
Another untrained eye as it comes to geology, and space based photography making claims based from their own confusion over Pareidolia.

Perhaps you could point out these magical mystery features?
Circle them or something?
Provide close ups? Outlines?

Extrapolated 3D renderings of your interpretation?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I looked at it and honestly I am not sure what you are getting at.

Could you circle it for us and re-upload?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What exactly are we looking for?

Please if you want to start a thread, offer a brief description of what the features are and why they are 'unnatural'.
What may be unnatural on Earth may be consistant with a differing atmosphere and gravitational climate.

Also, what is your opinion on your contribution?

Just throwing out a photo with a glib 'more than one way to skin a cat' comment is simply thread suicide and a waste of your time.
Just being helpful, respect.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is the OP's photo for those that can not see it:

No idea what the OP is trying to show.....other than the moon's surface with craters.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Clue to the Riddle :

plus.google.com...

Typical surface photo of the Moon? Yes, but look closer. Take your time and explore the landscape. If you see any interesting or 'unnatural' features on the surface, you are not alone. Feel free to download the HQ photo and play around with it, enhance it, scrutinize it. You may or may not feel comfortable with what you discover. Thus is the truth. Should you feel compelled, share this photo or your enhancement of it with whomever you wish. More analysis and scrutiny, the better. FYI: The prominent crater in the middle is about 16km in diameter.

Sourced from official NASA Apollo photo collection. Certain filters including sharpen were applied to whole image only and absolutely no pixel or group of pixels were modified individually in any way. This image is a cropped section of a larger area. More detail to be released.

edit on 16-3-2013 by Octane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for posting the image, Erik.

And like everyone who's replied so far, I have no idea what's supposed to be so special. The info on the linked page says that crater in the mid foreground is 16 km across. That's ten miles.

How we are supposed to discern smaller features in any great detail is beyond me.

As the OP is now showing as offline, I guess we'll be waiting a while for any answers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Octane

Yes, that's from the page the OP linked.

Trouble is, those statements tell us nothing. Anyone could post any images of the moon's craters and write similar stuff. Without some specifics of what we're supposed to be seeing, it's not worth anything. If there is something special, then they should say what it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can see about ten faces in there, human, ape, and frog, but those can be seen in anything which has circles. I don't know what the major discovery is here, but I've got the New York Times on hold and they're waiting for the announcement.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Are you all blind!?

You can't see the Superman symbol in the crater featured prominately in the pic? It's obviously guerrilla advertising for the new Superman movie! Hooray!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Are you all blind!?

You can't see the Superman symbol in the crater featured prominately in the pic? It's obviously guerrilla advertising for the new Superman movie! Hooray!

DIng ding ding, we have a winner! And it took someone with X-ray vision to find it! (or at least someone with some attention on the subject).
edit on 16-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
Please examine this photo of lunar surface taken during Apollo mission. Source is official, processing is documented, and reproduction is possible.

plus.google.com...

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I like others see a picture of the moon surface-what is it we are looking for exactly?
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My reasoning for not pointing out the specifics right off the bat was to present the evidence as is and avoid influencing perception before viewer had the chance to examine on their own. I can see a lot of people are complaining about this but hope you understand it was lesser of the two evils.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Please examine this photo of lunar surface taken during Apollo mission.

For some reason it looks a little too dark (or maybe there was some contrast change) for a common Apollo photo.

Source is official, processing is documented, and reproduction is possible.

No source, processing not document, reproduction unlikely.

Would you mind posting some more information about this photo and the processing?

Thanks in advance.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this thread proves that sometimes a 1000 words is worth more than a picture.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

My reasoning for not pointing out the specifics right off the bat was to present the evidence as is and avoid influencing perception before viewer had the chance to examine on their own. I can see a lot of people are complaining about this but hope you understand it was lesser of the two evils.

You need to provide a link to the ORIGINAL photo source.

Not your blog (as it seems you are heavy into advertising yourself).

If you want people to take a serious look, then you need to provide the actual source of the image. Not one that you've already manipulated by putting a water mark of your web site in the bottom right hand corner of the image.

That is if you want to be taken seriously here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I plan to release all supporting docs asap. I can say for now there were certain filters applied to the entire image. No arbitrary manipulation of pixels. People will be able to reproduce by following the steps. No one could possibly manipulate this many pixels into something from nothing I dont think. The original image is about 4k by 4k pixels and there are many of them.

Nothing wrong with putting your stamp on your work. I thought that was pretty widespread concept lol. The image is provided with CC license to edit and redistribute freely so go ahead, play around with it.

You can download the tif image for local viewing by clicking on the option button located botom left of the linked page. My apologies for the terse first post. Better context will be provided on future postings that I create.

Originally posted by eriktheawful

You need to provide a link to the ORIGINAL photo source.

Not your blog (as it seems you are heavy into advertising yourself).

If you want people to take a serious look, then you need to provide the actual source of the image. Not one that you've already manipulated by putting a water mark of your web site in the bottom right hand corner of the image.

That is if you want to be taken seriously here on ATS.

edit on 16-3-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I appreciate your efforts.....
Unfortunately unable to duplicate same.....Please U2U me when the images get put up that you are referring to...i will glady look at them then.....
warmest regards........... stirling......

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

You still should provide the following for images like this (Moon, Mars, Space, etc)

Link to the original image(s) untouched by you or anyone from their original source.

If from the moon or Mars from orbit: Lat. and Long. information of the area. Exceptions to this are ground based photos such as from the original Apollo moon landings, Mars rovers. In the case of the rovers on Mars, such as Curiosity, simply providing the Sol they were taken on is enough.

I apologize, however this thread really, really smacks of advertising your blog and not serious discussion here on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join