It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mind is getting more Chaotic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok...am having a bit of difficulty explaining this ... basically..its short attention spans..I cant seem to watch a movie for more than 10 - 20 minutes , I can't seem to do anything for too long.. My mind basically wanders off everywhere ... This is something which has been happening for the last 3-4 months ...

I am honestly not sure what the problem is ... I used to be able to stick to something for too long... like play a game for more than 3-4 hours straight, or read for 3-4 hours straight or watch TV.. even work straight for 3-4 hours without the need to rest in between...

I do eat quite well , I don't smoke, I don't drink but what changed was 3-4 months back i changed where i live , that immidiatly started effecting my diet... I eat far less junk food and eat far more healthy food ...I completely stopped drinking Soda..

What could be causing it ? IS my diet the reason ? Some body chemistry changes ?

Is it the movies or games where the entire premise is all fast paced action.. Am i getting effected from the classic sheeple effect( less attention span ,more chaotic mind cant place my brains on one thing at a time).. AM not saying "sheeple" as i feel any superior from the knowledge, just an attempt to isolate those who do not comprehend the world we are in...

Thing is ,I want to take things slow , i want to relax i want to be disciplined ...

AM i making any sense here, English ain't my first language so its hard to explain myself.. AM i the only one who feels this ..

edit on 16-3-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

You are aware that the mind is wandering so just watch it. Notice that you are aware of the mind, you will not notice straight away when the mind starts but when you do just notice that there is a noticing. If you want to stop the thinking just look directly at it and as you do the thinking will dissolve.
Stand as the observer of thought and watch them like they are clouds in the sky. Be the sky that is not troubled or disturbed by any arising cloud.

Some believe negative thoughts should be replaced by another more positive thought but I found the best way is to find the clearing.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
about a year ago i was a heavy drinker i eat takeways smoked weed this all stopped suddenly i never eat takeways cant stand the thought of meat dont smoke weed dont drink alcohol havent for 12months or more now i also have a short concentration span find i can be waching something or even if someones talking to me then its as if ive been somewhere else in my head my wife thinks im loosing it my whole life changed in the space of 12 months give or take a few months im glad you posted this i dont feel so much alone now

edit on 16-3-2013 by zedy63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe it would help to start drinking and smoking.

I would also pause and seriously investigate what you are doing with your life. Are you happy? What is your goal in life? Is what you are currently doing helping you to achieve your goal in life?

It's possible that deep down your mind is trying to reject your current situation by rebelling with short attention spans.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

You are soooo not alone! I had more to write, but I forgot what it was.

Oh yeah, many topics here are now over my head. I look at the words and it's just too much work to try to fathom what is written. I had more to add (seriously).

A new thread started this morning about making a statement starting with 'You know it's going to be a bad day when...?' Normally I could come up with a bunch of lines for this. I couldn't think of even ONE.

Don't know if this is connected, but I also have this problem: When typing, my right hand is too fast for my left hand. Take the word 'seriously', for instance. Now I always write it as serioulsy. The 'L' ALWAYS comes up before the 'S' and I have to edit to fix. It's the same with thier, tow (two), and a bunch of other words that I can't remember right now.

new topics

top topics

join