It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP of Girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Back in July 2004 myself and other members of my ghosthunting group went to Terre Haute, IN to investigate some local legends and meet up with a friend of our's in the area named Scott K. He brought with him a digital recorder.

One of the locations we went to is the Edna Collings Bridge just outside of Greencastle, IN.

Here is a pic.

The story is that a little girl would go swimming here in the creek. When it was time for her to come home her parents would drive to the bridge and honk their horn so she knew it was them. Well one day she did not come up from the creek because she had drowned. It is said if you go there and honk the horn she will get in the vehicle with you.

We also found this interesting on the bridge.

When we were there nothing happened that we noticed. Nothing showed in photos, however when Scott K. listened to the audio you hear a little girl say "I want to go" There is only one female with us and she has a deeper voice than the one heard. We are in the middle of nowhere. The closest house is about a 1/8 to 1/4 mile from my recollection.

Little Girl EVP

Let me know what you think.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Will,
I heard the voice also. I dont really know what to think, because all I heard was the voice. Would kina half to be there to have much of an opioion it would seem.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just thought I would tell you about something like that back about 30 years ago there was a shool bus that had a wreck with a drunk driver under a bridge. When I was in high school me and my friends went to the brige and put Flour all over his car we drove through got out to look at the car and there were finger prints faces and weird stuff of little children every where needless to say we burnt of quick when I got back out about 25 minutes down the road at his house. There was almost nothing left on his car. I am not sure if this was just our imagination with the way the flour was on the vehicle maybe mixed with soem finger prints that may have been our own . But it sure scared the crap out of us.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think every town in America has a crybaby bridge where an estranged mother either delivers on or near the bridge and throws the baby in the river or sometime after birth decides she can't take care of it and throws it over.

There is one in Gettysburg, PA called Solomon's Bridge where the mother accidently dropped the baby over the side and she dove in after and also died. You are supposed to call out that you either have her baby or you are supposed to call her a bad parent and chastise her.

Also, there is a set of tracks about 45 minutes drive from my house that is supposed to support the flour and kids pushing. There is another one about an hour from me that poses a gravity hill scenario. Park in the valley and kids that were killed in a bus accident will push your vehicle up the hill.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I watched some ghost show on CMT this weekend, I think it was CMT, that featured some EVP's. It was strange. What I noticed and thought was odd, was that on all the recordings, the supposed ghosts didn't really sound like they could see or barely even knew what was really going on. Their responses seemed as if they fully didn't understand their situation, weird. For example, one EVP was, "I'm so dead", but it sounded like the guy was tripping out on his situation and wasn't totally sure of it. Not the kind of response I'd think you'd get when asking a ghost, "are you there." Did anyone else see this?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw the show. It was pretty interesting. I was fascinated that Thomas Edison was building a machine to record this type of stuff.

As for the girl's voice above...pretty great recording.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We are planning on making a trip back out there to do a nighttime investigation on November 13th. The date is not set in stone. If we don't make it there on the 13th we will go sometime in the spring.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here again, I just listened the EVP of this little girl, isn't it strange her response, "I want to go"?. She obviously doesn't know she's dead, that's trippy. Sounds like from the EVP's I've heard, these spirits are stuck in some kind of limbo, an obvious other dimension where they can't really see everything you'd figure they could or even really hear everything. Like they're just catching glimpses and only hearing bits, like we do.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by EVPs.

I'm in the midst of planning a ghost hunt type thing in the buffalo/niagara falls NY area, and EVPs are definitely something I want to focus on.

It does seem like the voices are in some sort of limbo state... but a ghost is said to think that it isn't dead, so it all ties in together.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Something I've noticed about this type of recordings is that the voices don't show any emotions. Its like when people are realy tired and in like a "zombie" state of mind, they will talk with a very special emotionles voice.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
After listening to the EVP. I hear her very clearly. The way she states, I want to go is not as if she is begging to leave her situation. It sounds to me more of a child who hears about a trip somwhere, and she wants in. Like if you were saying after we finish at the bridge let's go out to eat at a restaurant. The child's response of "I want to go" sounds like she heard what you said and wanted to tag along.

Her tone and inflection seem to indicate an interest, not a desire to leave where she is.

Heck the same could apply if your were teasing a little kid a little about going to Chuck E Cheese , and then said you changed your mind because no one was coming with you. Her answer of I want to go reflects an eagerness to to come along.

Make sense?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I didn't notice that with the restaurant before as I was consentrating in the girls voice. Now I just up and its like 7 in the morning, but when I get back home I'll try cleaning the audio up so that we may hear her better.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I saw the show. It was pretty interesting. I was fascinated that Thomas Edison was building a machine to record this type of stuff.

He got that idea from being up on the North Side, in Pittsburgh Pa.

He was staying somewhere and he got freaked out by a ghostor something(cant remember what it was offhand), from that time on he was trying to make a machine to communicate with the dead...

I would get you an article on this but I am not sure its online. it was in a book they released in pgh called "ghosts of Pittsburgh" or something of that nature...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So, here it is as promised. I took out some dust. Hope the link works.

*EDIT* Sorry link didn't work

[edit on 2-11-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
DarkFlame it pops up with a perfectnav blank page.

When I cut the body of the address, and have it end at the .wav file, I get a do not have authorization from yahoo, to see this url.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linky that works

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Also, there is a set of tracks about 45 minutes drive from my house that is supposed to support the flour and kids pushing. There is another one about an hour from me that poses a gravity hill scenario. Park in the valley and kids that were killed in a bus accident will push your vehicle up the hill.

This was also on an episode of Sightings. I'd suggest, as they did, that you thoroughly wash and detail the car first, and then try it. That was the kicker, as it STILL showed the handprints. The handprints were ALL child-sized, were numerous, and the car was new from a dealership!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would advice you to go back there with some decent recording equipment and try this again. The results could be amasing. It would also be interesting to contakt the family and ask them if they recognise the voice. Allthough it would be probably insulting for them as they would think were trying to scam them or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nice Work Darkflame!

Do you hear her tone as well? Does it also sound to you like she wants to go somewhere for fun, instead of needing to leave because she's stuck there?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
she sounds like a young girl, what about that sound right at the end, its pretty deep for a girl.
how old was the girl?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join