It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roots, Guises like an Ancient Sumerian God, and Footprint…from Curiosity Sol 67, 72.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
  • has a Cable!

• No, that's just a trick of the light, as you can see on the animated GIF I posted.

• has a Brick!

• No, that's a rock like other rocks in that area, like this one, from Sol 100.

• has a Tarp!

• No, that's just the upper part of the rock, those rocks look like that.

• has a carved stone face!

• Debatable.

Personal Disclosure: And maybe the footprint was the result of some ancient alien martian being stomping on a fresh mud brick in disgust and leaving the horrendous grinding out of an existence by the side of a shallow ancient martian lake making mud bricks and what ever they could scavange from a dying martian empire,... just as the long drought made it too shallow to survive ?

The footprint has a shadow on the left and on the right, which means that it's not hole in the rock, it's a step with another step to the right.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ArMaP

I was talking about the "tarp" that appears draped over the "brick". I'm not saying that's what it is, just that it looks very "curious" (as OL said. Haha)

I can't recall ever seeing rock formations like that here on Earth. It looks like it has folded corners and junk. It molds right around the "brick".

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Arken
    reply to post by ArMaP

SILLY is your, not effective, attempt to try to debunk what it is clearly visible.

Sometime the silence is better, ArMaP...

Silly is you using 2D images that are breaking already under .JPG compression. Silly is believing what you want to believe despite evidence against it (the things you point out).

You still have not yet looked at ANYTHING in 3D, and you evade all my posts because you know THEY ARE JUST ROCKS.

A root? You love your attention, bro.
    Proof is that you can't keep it in one thread.

Here we go again. Go to UMSF.COM. Bill Nye has nothing to do with the site. Ask them what it is.

For the love of god, how can you "find something" in a 2D image, but NEGLECT to double check it in the 3D version?

I know why...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
    link   
    I have a question...how come most of the Sol pics have boulders, rocks in them...but only a very small percentage are touching each other...?..The biggest majority have an area of clear space between them and the next rock....Is this a Martian weather thing or?

Respects

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
    link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
    I was talking about the "tarp" that appears draped over the "brick". I'm not saying that's what it is, just that it looks very "curious" (as OL said. Haha)

I can't recall ever seeing rock formations like that here on Earth. It looks like it has folded corners and junk. It molds right around the "brick".

Very interesting.

To me, it looks like that area dried in at least two different occasions, and in those occasions, as the conditions were not the same, the drying didn't happen in the same way.

Those "bricks" (they appear in several photos) look like mud that dried under a different (probably finer) layer of mud. The uppermost layer dried with the shape of the lake (if it was a lake) bottom; the lower layer dried slower (because it was covered by the other layer) and so it has those thin holes, resulting of the shrinking of the mud while drying.

But this is just my interpretation of what I see.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
    link   

Originally posted by captiva
    The biggest majority have an area of clear space between them and the next rock....Is this a Martian weather thing or?

I think it may be the result of two things: the way the rocks were made and the way the winds spread the dust.

Although Mars has big variations of temperature on the surface, the lack of water results in less broken rocks than what a similar area on Earth would have, so we see more relatively big rocks and fewer rocks broken from the bigger ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:10 AM
    link   
    reply to post by impaired

Are you the same "impaired", or someone has stolen your account?

Or your account on ATS is managed by an "Office"?

I replied to you about UMSF.com and Bill Nye ties in other posts and other threads.
    www.abovetopsecret.com...
    Do you read them?

Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Rules and Guidelines - Please Read
    1.3 Astrobiology may not be discussed here, even in the context of a mission with those stated goals. This includes other banned topics such as SETI, "Red Rain," alien visitors, exobiology, biosignatures, microorganisms, fossils et cetera. (Amended 19Oct'12 / Updated 21Nov'12)

Here who funding your bunch of pseudo debunkers!

And here the dark master of the bunch of your pseudo debunkers!

And here your reply

I'm glad you brought that up. It sucks - I won't lie.

AGAIN: Are you the same impaired, or some idiot has stolen your account?

edit on 18-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
    link   

Originally posted by impaired
    For the love of god, how can you "find something" in a 2D image, but NEGLECT to double check it in the 3D version?

Is there a "left eye" photo of that area? I couldn't find any.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:26 AM
    link   

Detail

I cant believe you used the word detail above that picture the word you should have used is pixels as that clear to everyone because you can see them.

Pixelation is a problem that is caused by increasing the size of a bitmap (an image made up by pixels such as JPEG files) to such a degree that the individual pixels become visible to the naked eye.

You don't seem to ever learn and all your threads end up the same images zooooooooooooooooomed in so far they no longer have any detail.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
    link   
    I must say, your threads intrigue me Arken. None the less...I think some cases of this, is just what we "want" to see. Anywho, anything is possible!

What I found interesting is this in your photo provided:

The "spiky" thing that sticks out of that rock. I like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
    link   

Originally posted by gamerman

The "spiky" thing that sticks out of that rock. I like that.

Except that spiky thing is an object on the surface behind

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
    link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

How about this version below here on Earth just to prove it's NATURAL and not made by Martians.

or the table here on Earth

Go to Google images type in Ventifacts and see rocks that make this stuff on Mars look normal.

You will see pyramids, straight edges almost perfect angles etc maybe this will calm the Mars rock's hysteria on here.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
    link   
    reply to post by wmd_2008

Night-time here. What did you mean?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
    link   

reply to post by impaired

Are you the same "impaired", or someone has stolen your account?

Or your account on ATS is managed by an "Office"?

I replied to you about UMSF.com and Bill Nye ties in other posts and other threads.
    Do you read them?

Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Rules and Guidelines - Please Read
    1.3 Astrobiology may not be discussed here, even in the context of a mission with those stated goals. This includes other banned topics such as SETI, "Red Rain," alien visitors, exobiology, biosignatures, microorganisms, fossils et cetera. (Amended 19Oct'12 / Updated 21Nov'12)

Here who funding your bunch of pseudo debunkers!

And here the dark master of the bunch of your pseudo debunkers!

And here your reply

I'm glad you brought that up. It sucks - I won't lie.

AGAIN: Are you the same impaired, or some idiot has stolen your account?

edit on 18-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

You think my account is managed by "an office?" Because I disagree with you??? Seriously? That paranoid? I'm not surprised.
    And now you're name-calling as well?
    And 3 - Bill Nye is with THE PLANETARY SOCIETY.
    4: Regardless - WHAT THE HELL does Bill Nye have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING you post or me trying to get you to post on UMSF? You've become enfeebled with excuses.

And you gave me no answers.

And your threads are failing.

Sorry.

And ArMaP: Left-eye/MastCam 34 - Right-eye/MastCam 100.

Arken - Don't get mad. Get educated. Do your research. Learn about Mars - about the atmosphere. Ask scientists questions. Look at 3D to confirm things. Learn about JPG compression. Learn about shadows.

LEARN ABOUT ROCKS.

You do these FUNDAMENTAL things and I will be off your back and I might support your threads. I am not against the idea of Martian Anomalies. I am against IGNORANCE.

So please - maybe listen to what ArMap and I are saying?

Oh that's right - we're disinfo/"The office"

Anything for you to be right and others to be wrong.

ATS is going to hell.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:24 AM
    link   

Originally posted by impaired
    And ArMaP: Left-eye/MastCam 34 - Right-eye/MastCam 100.

MastCam 34? Is that Sol 34? There aren't any Sol 34 photos from the MastCam.

Edit: Dooh! I get it now.

edit on 20/3/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by gamerman

Night-time here. What did you mean?

The spiky thing is NOT sticking out of the side of the rock in the same way this guy is not a giant

its a smaller rock on the surface behind it, it's all about line of sight and perspective!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:47 PM
    link   

I see what you are trying to explain

It just blew my "curiosity" when I thought I saw a shadow made by that "spiky" thing.

Thanks for your explanation

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
    link   
    People don't see even if it's right in front of them.
    Arken, there is no amount of evidence that will prove anything to these people.
    Between the blind and the shills we must do our own thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
    link   
    Nevermind - ArMap got it.

edit on 3/20/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
    link   
    whatever is sticking out of that rock isnt a natural formation. good find

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join