Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

LACOA first responders and emergency management preparing to a simulated magnitude 7.8 EQ, March 21

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Really interesting time for this exercise ..

COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES
Office of Emergency Management

L.A. COUNTY OPERATIONAL AREA FIRST RESPONDERS AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PREPARING TO RESPOND TO
A SIMULATED MAGNITUDE 7.8 EARTHQUAKE, THU., MARCH 21

LOS ANGELES (Fri., March 15, 2013) – In continuing the on-going efforts in preparing the Los Angeles County Operational Area (LACOA) and its partners including the 88 cities, 137 unincorporated area communities, 200-plus school and special districts to respond to and recover from disaster(s), the Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office, Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is hosting a functional exercise at the Los Angeles County Emergency Operations Center (CEOC), 1275 N. Eastern Ave., Los Angeles 90063, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thu., March 21.

lacoa.org...

7.8 Earthquake ‘exercise’ to hit Los Angeles County next Thursday

They say we are getting closer to predicting the actual time when earthquakes will actually take place. Here in Los Angeles County on thing is for sure, sometime in the future a large shaker will strike and millions of people will be effected.

www.loscerritosnews.net...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Scary. The last big Mexico Earthquake happened on the very day they were having an earthquake drill. Some people wondered at the co-incidence while others think perhaps the authorities knew something in advance.

I suppose Thursday will put this one to rest. You all better hope it was just a co-incidence.

P

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes that's interesting ..

Think this earthquake drills can be is one of best way to warn people, of course if we can find most dangerous day in year for specific location but that's hard one ..

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 12:02:48 PM at epicenter EQ of M 7.4 ..

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Don't get it what is interesting and important to you in this days if this is not ..

After more of one hour there is no one flag to interest for this and similar info ..

Anyway they put 21 March and days around that date (19-22) are very dangerous for strong EQ also days to end of March ..

No problem, sorry for be soo boring here and spending your time ..

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Does someone know something we don't?

I only ask this because 7.8 seems strange. Why not 7.5 or even just 8.0?

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good find, its interesting to see the coincidence/correlation possibilities between these 'drills' and events that end in loss of life.
The example above from last year is a perfect example. Just a few others I can remember off the top of my head are the drills in the neighboring schools at Sandy Hook, the Hurricane Sandy drill (although that was years before the real Sandy but despite what anyone might offer to counter these observations, my gut says that that Hurricane having the same the name, scenario, and location of that from the drill was one too many to just feel like a coincidence. (To me)
I just put a post on my blog earlier that actually was my commenting upon this feeling/energy that has been & is still steadily building. I am feeling more and more as if its 'about to pop', like im expecting it to happen at any moment almost.
So seeing this thread is almost comforting, in a totally weird way of course. =)
And on the why not 7.5 or 8 for the drill- VERY good question, not only can I think of no definitively good answer (other than to simulate 'realisticness') hmmm....
Curiouser and curiouser... =)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think they should simulate at least a 8.0 or even a 8.5 or near 9.0
Because the scientist seems to be pretty sure its gonna be a huge one.
edit on 17-3-2013 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is quite a coinkydink that these drills often coincide with events,.
Maybe the "remote viewers" have a secret credibility.
would be naturally something to keep quiet,. if it got out that they were
relying on those that can predict stuff like this,.. there would be so many
freaks coming out of the woodwork on youtube,.. worse that it is now.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Does someone know something we don't?

I only ask this because 7.8 seems strange. Why not 7.5 or even just 8.0?

Peace

EQ of M 7.8 would be devastating for this area, also very devastating if EQ would be shallow 10-15 km depth and probably will be if rupture area of fault line ..

Anyway very important is depth of EQ's for danger or possible devastation and casualties ..

Think that's magnitude is around what we can expect for that area on fault line, also similar mag. to last 3 largest EQ's in history on this fault line ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Scary. The last big Mexico Earthquake happened on the very day they were having an earthquake drill. Some people wondered at the co-incidence while others think perhaps the authorities knew something in advance.

I suppose Thursday will put this one to rest. You all better hope it was just a co-incidence.

P

Hmmmmmm, wasn't Christchurch, NZ in 2011 another one of those "strange coincidences?"

I know there's been some paranoia in the recent past regarding drills for the New Madrid.
Thank God nothing came of them.

Stay alert and stay safe, y'all!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InS0MnI
I think they should simulate at least a 8.0 or even a 8.5 or near 9.0
Because the scientist seems to be pretty sure its gonna be a huge one.
edit on 17-3-2013 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)
Because , the size of those Quakes hitting the West Coast has only ONE Response.
It involves bending over , and kissing Familiar Parts goodbye.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Specifically stating 7.8 is what is really weird to me. That almost sounds like if I were to say "I'm going to eat dinner in 19 minutes 36 seconds", instead of 20 minutes. Maybe the comparison is off, because I'm not too sure how exact of a magnitude these drills usually prepare for.

I was watching the news earlier and there was a story about all of these baby sea lions beaching themselves along the southern California coast. Apparently there are very few fish in the area, so even the fishermen are having trouble. I could be wrong here too, but I immediately thought about an impending earthquake or some other natural disaster within the general area. That's not to say that years and years of overfishing the oceans isn't the primary cause, but it still made me think.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If I was in California, I think I'd be concerned over the numerical implications this drill might represent because March 21 is the Spring Equinox.

Here, FWIW......

Spring Equinox – 13 weeks – Minor sabbath but does require human sacrifice
March 21-22 – Goddess Ostara – Note: Easter is the first Sunday after the first new moon after Ostara.
March 21 is one of the Illuminati’s Human Sacrifice Nights
April 1 – All Fool’s Day, precisely 13 weeks since New Year’s Day!
April 19 – May 1 – Blood Sacrifice To The Beast. Fire sacrifice is required on April 19.
April 30 – May 1 – Beltaine Festival, also called Walpurgis Night. This is the highest day on the Druidic Witch’s Calendar.
May 1 is the Illuminati’s second most sacred holiday. Human sacrifice is required
Read more: adventofdeception.com...

April 19th really stands out too, because that was when the Oklahoma City federal building was bombed in 1995, claiming many lives.

Also note this, in part -
Comment ID: 1322992
March 19, 2013 at 1:02 am
Be Informed says:

Everything is sure becoming very active, and the first day of spring is in two days. Tomorrow the moon is at its apogee, furthest point from the Earth. The Foundation for the Study of Cycles found that earthquakes increase when the moon is at or near the apogee. I believe this is from the release of gravity, like a type of rebound of the elasticity of the rock, kind of like a slingshot releasing its energy. You would think the opposite that increased tidal forces from the moon would increase earthquake activity, but it is when the moon has the least gravity that earthquakes increase a lot. Also when the moon is farthest away from the ecliptic, the middle point of the sky or equator, earthquakes also become more frequent.

This particular gentleman posts frequently on that website, sharing his extensive knowledge of earthquakes.....which dates back to the 70's. He's often "right on the money" in his predictions.

Be informed says:
Comment ID: 1323028
March 19, 2013 at 1:10 am
I was going to turn off the computer for the night and there was another

quake, this one within the danger zone that will affect the New Madrid

fault zone. The quake at the Reykjanes Ridge on the Mid Atlantic Ridge of

4.9. This means that the Mid Atlantic Ridge is on the move at the right

point that should lead to a 3-4 pointer on the New Madrid within a 3 week

period. If this would have been much larger, like a 6.5 or something I

would say the New Madrid was really in danger. This one points to some

activity though.

top topics