It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bin Laden's Warning To Red States.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
All you have to do is look at who the terrorists want to be President (Kerry) to know who NOT to vote for.

We need Bush for 4 More years!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Fox is probably THE most cencored, government controlled and cencoring newsnetwork in the world. Compare footage and reports on any subject (preferably involving countrymen) shown on Fox with i.e the same coverage on norwegian or swedish TV and see the difference. Watching Operation Iraq Freedom on Fox, CNN, NBC and the Norwegian channels really opened my eyes for that. The truth was shown on scandinavian TV, the polished truth or lack of info was shown on US TV. Wonder what they are trying to achieve with this transcript.
Anyway, if you want USA to become too big and eventually collapse due to megalomania and terrorism; vote Bush. If you want to be friends with the rest of the world but still have your great influence; vote Kerry

Just a thought

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I did some looking into this quote by Osama, and I found some interesting differences. This first quote is from the BBC transcript of the tape: news.bbc.co.uk...

Your security does not lie in the hands of Kerry, Bush, or al-Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Each and every state that does not tamper with our security will have automatically assured its own security.

This is the only reference to "State" in the whole transcript. Basicaly Gazrok hit the nail on the head with this one.

Also though I looked into the transcript from MEMRI. Also a note, I had no idea that there was a group MEMRI so if they have any kind of affiliation or agenda I don't know about it. I noticed they have footnotes layered thoughought this page and the footnote dealing with the topic at hand leads to a internet forum. I do not read muslim so for all I know its a middle-eastern ATS. But besides the expected wording differences between the two translations (BBC and MEMRI) they are the same.

So to wrap this up I beleive that quote was taken out of context, but it all depends on your point of view.,

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

We're all quite aware of the wind you break around here Ed.

And much to that point, just like excessive smiley's don't make you funny, being on ATSNN doesn't make it news.

Sorry about that, must have been the Bean dip!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Um, state is also a term people use to refer to countries, such as in the term heads of state.

I don't know why [US] was insterted in there, but all other translations I read used the term country, or something similar.

When I read it, I figured he was refering to other countries with similar policies like England, ect.

I mean, I don't remember anyone talking like he was refering to red states when this came out on Friday.

That's just me though.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
Fox is probably THE most cencored, government controlled and cencoring newsnetwork in the world. Compare footage and reports on any subject (preferably involving countrymen) shown on Fox with i.e the same coverage on norwegian or swedish TV and see the difference. Watching Operation Iraq Freedom on Fox, CNN, NBC and the Norwegian channels really opened my eyes for that. The truth was shown on scandinavian TV, the polished truth or lack of info was shown on US TV.

Guess what? All American TV is biased. That's the bad part. The good part is that they get to choose their bias. Does SVT get to choose their bias, or does your government tell them what to broadcast?

And please share what truth was shown on Scandanavian TV that we missed out on here in the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
At least a few scenes where Iraq civilians was throwing rocks and shouting @ American troops for killing innocents and invading their country, whilst at the same time, the US newsbroadcast showed the 50 civilians in a different part of the town cheering and saluting the troops, though they were certainly just a few pro-invationists. Also several bombings of schools, nurserys and hospitals with only civilians were never showed @ US TV. We saw it all here. In Norway we have a freedom of speech that really works.

The only mediarelated thing the government controls here is adult content, which is regulated. Other than that, any source could deliver a tape to one of the major broadcastingcompanies (NRK, TV2, SVT, DR..) and they will show it without any interference from the government. If there are any reactions they will come AFTER the broadcast. That's Norway for you. Same goes for Sweden, Denmark and most other countries in (northern) Europe.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's still crap by the way.

How do you know? Do you speak Arabic, or have direct access to the tape itself?

Originally posted by Gazrok
The following is from the translation on Al-Jazeera (of the full transcript)...

I don't trust Al-Jazeera -- especially when it comes to translating anything from Arabic to English.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I guess they are just using Babelfish or something

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
they should of waited after the election on the release of the rag head tape

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Has anyone asked if Ben Laden is actually in the Democrats pocket??

Call me ludicrous if you want, if I've always toyed with the idea that the Towers were leveled by a pack of Democrats wanting to make up for the Gore 2000 loss...now THERE'S a conspiracy idea!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What makes this thread so interesting to me is that the invective is actually pretty funny.

Nicely done, you knuckle-dragging neanderthals!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is clearly scare tactic's, which these people have tried since 1979. Our country has been at war with the middle east since 1979. What is new here? Why don't they just freeze his assets? There are several things our country can do. Have they done so as yet? I don't believe this tape.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
OMG are people really this bad off? Come on, a terrorist endorsing a candidate? A terrorist formerly on the CIA payroll, that has been missing for years, suddenly pops up the weekend before the election and endorses a candidate. Do you not smell that?
The really sad thing here is that folks are believing this crap. First Cheney saying vote for bush or die, then bin laden saying vote kerry or I will kill you... PUHLEASE! Grandma 'Millie' hears this garbage and thinks well gee, I had better vote for Bush, rational folks hear this and if they have a neuron still in operation, can see this is a scam.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join