It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA's Wayne LaPierre lets it rip at CPAC... and says what so many of us have been thinking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sorry mods if I missed this anywhere else... I am but an ATS infant...

Leave it to Wayne LaPierre to tear into proposed new legislation... and the legislators as well...

Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the influential NRA, received repeated cheers and prolonged applause at the Conservative Political Action Conference when he took on proposals to toughen gun laws in the aftermath of the Connecticut school massacre that killed 20 first graders last December. According to LaPierre, an arrogant political and media elite wants to subvert the bedrock right to freedom that he said made America better than other countries.

Bet the media has been swearing aloud about having to print that

He repeatedly questioned the logic and even the sanity of President Barack Obama's administration and other advocates of new gun laws, and he implored supporters to "stand up and fight" now and in future elections to protect their right to own guns. "No matter what the elitists who scorn you say, let them be damned," LaPierre declared.

Wonder if that quote is going to be in the history books someday?

In particular, LaPierre took aim at Vice President Joe Biden for saying recently that a 12-gauge shotgun would provide better protection for women under threat at home than a high-powered semi-automatic rifle targeted by a proposed ban. "The vice president of the United States actually told women facing an attack to just empty their shotguns into the air," LaPierre said. "Honestly, have they lost their minds over at the White House?"

Unfortunately sir, they clearly have done just that. I hear the White House rats have begun packing to leave...

"In the end, there are only two reasons for government to create that federal registry of gun owners -- to tax them or to take them," he said. Supporters of expanded checks deny the legislation would create such a registry. LaPierre repeated the NRA's call for armed guards in every U.S. school and expressed bemused frustration with those who ridiculed his position. Noting a Department of Homeland Security video that advised people threatened by an armed attacker to fight back with any weapon handy, such as a pair of scissors, LaPierre responded with scorn. "Let's get this straight," he said to applause. "To protect our children at school, we recommend a trained professional with a gun and they recommend scissors? And they say we're crazy? It's sheer madness."

You really can't question the rationale there...

Washington is going to get a VERY rude awakening if they try to take guns away. I'm starting to smell revolution in the air... I don't think it's gonna take much more to push people over the edge. An armed, pi$$ed off populace of Americans is something that they really do not want to face.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Selling fear?

Oh, you mean telling the truth about the real end-goal you mean?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-3-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

so, are you going to demonstrate for everyone ?
please.

ah heck, LaPierre said it best ...
"No matter what the elitists who scorn you say, let them be damned,"
... although i'm relatively sure you're no elitist, if the shoe fits man, enjoy.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'm sure you believe everything you did in 1995, right? There's video of you from then?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'd rather be an elitist than a lunatic asshat like Pierre and the reset of the NRA. The NRA are terrorists as far as I'm concerned.I can't believe anyone pays any attention to CPAC anymore, it's a bunch of ultra right wing psychotic morons.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Selling fear my ass, wtf do you see on the bias liberal news every single day, more and more liberal legislators trying to push there laws that will do "NOTHING" about taking guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill people, all the laws they are proposing will only effect the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN", and those are the ones you do not need to worry about, If your Pro Gun Control thats fine with me everyone has there own beliefs and ways of thinking but its absolutely ridiculous and ignorant to totally ignore the heart of the problem and not target criminals and mentally ill persons that commit these types of crimes like the one in Sandy Hook.

Lanza tried to buy guns multiple times but was denied through the NICS system, why was he denied multiple times and why did the government that you want to enact more laws not enforce there own law and investigate him after his 2nd or 3rd time on trying to purchase a firearm. James Holmes the Aurora Theater shooter passed the NICS background check multiple times yet he was not a mentally stable person according to his shrink, because of doctor patient confidentiality NICS does not have access to medical records and they do not know the mental state of an individual.

So how are background checks gonna stop gun violence. It won't, and if this crap passes senate and congress and you Liberals will see in a couple years time these laws will have had no effect on crime rates with guns and then you'll be pushing for more and more and more restrictive measures as the years go by until the 2nd Amendment is no more. And if you Liberals are so willing to give up my 2nd Amendment rights then I want you and every single Liberal in this country to give up their 1st Amendment rights I think its a fair trade what do you think? You guys get rid of our guns and we get rid of your mouths fair trade in my mind.
edit on Sat Mar 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Yep, selling fear. Example: In your post, you not only are afraid of the government, but you're also afraid of anyone with a gun, because they might be crazy. So your solution is for government (who you're scared of) to determine who is mentally fit for freedom? Don't you see how crazy that is? Seriously, take a step back from the situation and imagine someone else saying what you just said. Fraidy cat and/or nazi, you'd call them. Right?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yep, selling fear. Example: In your post, you not only are afraid of the government, but you're also afraid of anyone with a gun, because they might be crazy. So your solution is for government (who you're scared of) to determine who is mentally fit for freedom? Don't you see how crazy that is? Seriously, take a step back from the situation and imagine someone else saying what you just said. Fraidy cat and/or nazi, you'd call them. Right?

You Liberals always resort to name calling and insults when you have nothing to say upon given factual information. Where did I imply that "I'm Scared"? Being in fear of ones self and in fear of a nonsensical piece of legisation on paper are two totally different things. Only person I fear is god, you fear every single person that has a weapon so who's the one thats really scared?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I'm not afraid of people with weapons. I'm afraid of the end result of gun ownership which is elitist isolationism and often murder. Dog eat dog might be fine for the animal kingdom, but our civilized society needs to move beyond using lethal violence, even in defense. People with monetary interests in arming the public are scum beyond scum. The Bible was right about one thing for sure. Man will inevitably fall into temptation, and giving someone the option to end another one's life at the pull of a trigger can't end in a good way. Harming the psyche of society as well as profiting from the fear generated by the gun industry's existence itself are reason enough to see that it needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

our civilized society needs to move beyond using lethal violence, even in defense.

Right, we should just let attackers kill us because we shouldn't react defensively, because it's "violent" to do so. Hopefully a mugger breaks into your house with a gun and you can demonstrate how that works, to defend yourself without being violent. I'm sure he would just listen to your kind words to go away.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

So what you're saying is that you're too weak to defend yourself NOTE: SELF, NOT your PROPERTY.

Gotcha.

That doesn't make you a bad person, but thinking you need to kill someone in the unlikely event your life is threatened sure does.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that you're too weak to defend yourself NOTE: SELF, NOT your PROPERTY.

Gotcha.

That doesn't make you a bad person, but thinking you need to kill someone in the unlikely event your life is threatened sure does.

If it's a matter of strength then tell me how ronnie coleman would do against someone with a shotgun. I hate to break it to you but muscles don't make you bulletproof. And according to your logic, women shouldn't be able to defend themselves either because they're not strong enough?
And what do you mean "in the unlikely event your life is threatened"? It happens every single day in liberal-infested cities like Chicago. I'm still wondering how you would non-violently defend yourself when a criminal is about to shoot you. I guess you would just be nice and let him kill you because killing him would make you a bad person, as you said.
edit on 3/16/2013 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It's not about muscles at all. It's clear you've never been in a fight in your life. Also, I condone physical self defense, just not lethal force. I can see why that's so hard to understand since you think you can quick draw against someone already pointing a gun at you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It's not about muscles at all. It's clear you've never been in a fight in your life. Also, I condone physical self defense, just not lethal force. I can see why that's so hard to understand since you think you can quick draw against someone already pointing a gun at you.

Obviously you haven't thought about this much and it's easy to tell you'd end up dead in this situation, especially if you think you can "fight" someone with a gun when they're further than an arms-reach away from you. If someone breaks into your house and you look around the corner and see them with a gun, they wouldn't be able to shoot you because they'd either not see you (most likely the lights would be off during a break-in), or not have enough time to aim and shoot you since you can easily back out of the corner. This would be the chance to grab your own gun and shoot the criminal, much to your disappointment.
If you think the ideal way to defend yourself against someone with a gun is by using your fists, why don't you demonstrate it for us and see how well it works out for you. As a result of that, I guarantee this forum wouldn't have to deal with any more of your nonsense.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

www.youtube.com... .4474.7j14j4j2.27.0...0.0...1ac.1.lIBMmUvHI_c

And if that link gets broken, just YouTube "how to disarm a gunman".

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

www.youtube.com... .4474.7j14j4j2.27.0...0.0...1ac.1.lIBMmUvHI_c

And if that link gets broken, just YouTube "how to disarm a gunman".

Just as I predicted, all of those videos involve the gunman standing within an arms-reach of the victim. Let me know how you would use any of those techniques when the gunman is 10 feet away from you. Maybe you could show us how to teleport.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Gotcha.

You are beyond belief !
So someone who is to weak to defend themselves is a bad person for using an equalizer?
You can't even be accused of of being a schill because your posts are absolute lunacy.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

See, I knew you'd reply with some smart-aleck stipulation. B-b-but what if I see him coming? What if this, what if that? Thinking you're gonna Rambo your way through your house and murder someone because they're taking your DVDs is irresponsible. I showed you 100s of videos of people disarming gunmen. Can you show me a video of someone protecting their house with a gun where someone doesn't get shot or killed AND the bad guy gets caught?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I showed you 100s of videos of people disarming gunmen.

No, you showed me 100s of videos of fake gunmen standing inches away from their fake victims. Can you show me one video of that actually working in real life, and when the gunman isn't standing right in front of the victim's face?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join