It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most annoying thing in the world..People who cut in line when shopping.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm at the register talking to the auto tech cashier about my situation to get diagnosed, but a bunghole decides to butt in with something totally different..."I Can't find this B/S". After the auto tech tells him a gazillion times what aisle it is on, he finds it, then plop his items at the register and starts up a conversation with the cashier while at the same time the auto tech is trying to deal with my problem, so the auto tech comes up with a stupid ploy to get rid of me to go back to my car for something stupid, (Can't believe I fell for it) to check this bunghole out, when I finally come back, the bunghole has cut in line, conveniently leaves, while the tech is still working with me.

If you were a customer, what would you have done?

or

If you were the cashier, how would you have handle the situation?

I swear that has to be annoying. At least to some.
edit on 15-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Don't go quietly
unto your Grave...

but also pick your battles

you also have the option
not to do your business there
to try and make a point...

not that advanced auto cares

there are a lot
of mechanically inclined members
on this site...
perhaps creating a thread about said
issue
may find the answer here

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I try hard not to corner anyone into confrontation as the only way out....but I've absolutely made some very hard edged comments about malodorous areas of the human anatomy and how it relates to line cutters. I even included the clerk who would serve such people in one instance and told them to restock their own crap that time. (Line cutting is rude beyond words to me.... It's like they just stood there and peed on my shoe while smiling)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

How do you know it wasn't Pep boys or even Napa?

Why do you suspect it is Advanced Auto?

What about Autozone?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago this happened to me. I was at the counter paying for my merchandise when this lady comes over asking to look at jewelry that was sold there. In this case it was the clerk who should have said I will help you in a minute, after finishing up my sale. She starts helping her and I said I don't have time for this can we finish this up. It was really annoying. The woman wanting jewelry wouldn't back off, kept asking questions. Oh it doesn't come in the pretty box, oh I will put it back in the case cabinet thing and the stupid clerk gives her the keys to the jewelry case. I thought we could have been a team robbing by distracting.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's a two-way street. At the bank today, some guy with his kid was in front of me, and his kid ran off, so he went to get him. Instead of coming back in line, he played with his kid for a few minutes and then cut back in front of me. I let it slide, but then it happened again. When it was my turn, I was called by the teller, and after I had already handed him my card and ID, the guy comes rushing back and says, "You better not be taking my place!" No apology, no "hold my place bro" at the very least, just your typical alpha male. You know the type of guys who look for any excuse whatsoever to get into a fight? Yeah, it was one of those types.

That's not even the worst. You know the real most annoying people in line?

People who go into 10/15 items or less lines with 50+ items and use those little check things to pay. There was one lady who stalled the line for literally 15 minutes. I hate to say it, but I've yet to see a single man do this. Every single time, it's always been a middle-aged woman who thinks she's entitled to everything so she doesn't have to wait in the normal lines like everybody else and can instead hold up the fast moving lines. It's even worse when there's 2 or 4 fast lines, and there's one of them in every single one of the fast moving lines, as if they come in groups. The worst part about it is there is nothing you can do about it, because if anybody confronts them about what they are doing, they will sit there and argue for 15 minutes until a cop takes them away, so you're going to be waiting no matter what you do.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He was ready to complete a transaction, you weren't. The business exists to complete transactions, not be your personal real-life Facebook.

The employees handled it well, although I would have just asked you to step aside for a second while I ring the other guy up.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Uh.. I was giving him the information to my car thank you.
That's what the Auto place does.. Helps you find parts for your car...

Like Duh...

Had nothing to do with my personal problems. ROFL

Last I checked he wasn't a shrink, but you guys can be.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Like I said, you weren't ready to complete a transaction. Your conversation can wait.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I'll tell you more about my wait.

The actual cashier, was just down a few. Where the real cashier is. Where he should of checked out in the first place. I was at the section, of the parts place, where I was suppose to be. He was a pushy dude. Got to go get cleaner for my druggie rims.

Remind me never to step foot in your auto parts store.

You would totally make a horrible cashier.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Having worked at both PepBoys and Napa this wouldn't have flown in my line. I've done the cashier, parts counter and service counter roles. That guy would have been ignored by me and picked up by the next one or made to wait. Each customer got their due time for purchase, help, service request in turn. Rudeness much like trolls shouldn't be fed.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thalestris

Next time, I'll be in your line.

HERE HERE!!!

That guy was a turd.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

How do you know it wasn't Pep boys or even Napa?

Why do you suspect it is Advanced Auto?

What about Autozone?

aren't they all pretty much
the same...

so which one was it

what I do
when people cut line
I ask them for their phone number
they look at me puzzled & ask why i want it
I tell them
so when I'm die'n I'll give'em a call
& they can come jump in my grave
since they are so eager to get
ahead of me

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'll have to remember that line.

Rofl..

You hit it on the nail the first time.

What you following me?

Stalker.....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was at the front of the line waiting for the supermarket checkout.
This purple haired old lady comes over and stands next to me and she starts inching forward until
she had overtaken me in the line.
When the checkout girl was ready for the next person (me!) the old lady steps up to be served.
I gave her and the checkout girl my WTF death stare and the old lady says "oh, were you waiting?"
I said "It's ok your really old, you better go first!"

ok, I feel better now.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
It's a two-way street. At the bank today, some guy with his kid was in front of me, and his kid ran off, so he went to get him. Instead of coming back in line, he played with his kid for a few minutes and then cut back in front of me. I let it slide, but then it happened again. When it was my turn, I was called by the teller, and after I had already handed him my card and ID, the guy comes rushing back and says, "You better not be taking my place!" No apology, no "hold my place bro" at the very least, just your typical alpha male. You know the type of guys who look for any excuse whatsoever to get into a fight? Yeah, it was one of those types.

That's not even the worst. You know the real most annoying people in line?

People who go into 10/15 items or less lines with 50+ items and use those little check things to pay. There was one lady who stalled the line for literally 15 minutes. I hate to say it, but I've yet to see a single man do this. Every single time, it's always been a middle-aged woman who thinks she's entitled to everything so she doesn't have to wait in the normal lines like everybody else and can instead hold up the fast moving lines. It's even worse when there's 2 or 4 fast lines, and there's one of them in every single one of the fast moving lines, as if they come in groups. The worst part about it is there is nothing you can do about it, because if anybody confronts them about what they are doing, they will sit there and argue for 15 minutes until a cop takes them away, so you're going to be waiting no matter what you do.

For the express checkout line. I have found a really good line to use. Start up a conversation with them early. ask them where they went to college. When they answer, give them a big smile, and then say " you must have either, been a math major who can't read, or a english major who can't add". Then continue to smile.

edit on 16-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would have simply said, "Excuse me sir, but I was here before you". That really does work more often than not.

top topics

join