It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Joseph Ratzinger go insane?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I noticed that the new Pope "Francis" or so he says (good name to pick though I'll certainly give him that) during his opening remarks asked after prayers for himself, and a few remarks about brotherly love, asked for prayers for Joseph Ratzinger who he referred to as Bishop Emeritus, specifically, prayers for protection, you know as if he might be in jeopardy in some way. Meanwhile as the Pope it appears that he (Ratzinger) anticipated, and even wrote about prior to his Papacy, the notion of a Pope having the right to "retire". He THEN went on to talk about "Raising the Bastions". Here, listen to his homily after his resignation called Quo-Vadis-Petre ~ Where are you going Peter? from the thread of the same name.

Bastions..

The last bastion.. by anticipation.

What does it mean? Things that make ya go hmmm...

"Please pray for his protection" said the newly elected Francis..

Well if this is the case having been to the wall and back a couple of times myself, I'll go for that, even though the dirty rascal planned it all along to BE "the last bastion".

What does that mean to me, it all depends on how you fame it, let me put it that way and leave it at that..

The poor dear.

He's in MY prayers (honestly), I can tell you that even in spite of himself, and myself, after all it's true that we have all sinned, some of us moreso than others, and that in his words, Ratzinger's words by twitter

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 via Twitter
Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex

We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

and in resigning his office

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ

Oh dear God it's so amuzing, a double bind of sorts that the new Pope can't shake so easily, because he's got got this man an ex-Bishop hidden somewhere in the bowels of the Vatican dedicated to prayer and introspection and contemplation, who the rest of us will never see again.

He may indeed have gone crazy, stuck the midst of the divided middle as the "last bastion" of somethingorother. That would be enough to drive anyone right over the edge, to the point that you have no option but to go to your knees in absolute repentance and surrender to the power of God's mercy and kindness.

What a thing!

Forgive me i can't help but to find this humorous in some strange way it's nothing against Roman Catholicism or the Roman Catholic Church in the least (I am praying for both of them actually),.

Now of course I'm not pretending to know his state of mind other than to say from personal experience, he did the right thing but for the wrong reasons, so it's something that he needs to resolve with God. He might have even screwed up for a time and got his Gods wrong for all we know. By the look of him he didn't seem I don't know "glowy" is the best word I can come up with, but he did at the end (his hair was sure white as snow).

God Bless him!

Now that's funny!

If he were reading ATS in his spare time, or via some tech geek in the Holy See - then he's ROTFLHAO right now at this very moment, manically, but for all the RIGHT reasons now, this time 'round anyway..

But I thought it was quite significant that Francis asked that we pray for his ex-Bishop's protection.

My prayers are with them, and with us all. Amen.

Luv,

NAM
(Your true brother in Jesus Christ our common Lord and living God.)

edit on 15-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

ratinzer was the point man, before he became pope, to identify, and then move pedophile priests, so as to - what? make more innocent young kids into victims? Instead of, I don't know, convicting said pedophiles and putting them in prison where they belong?

Pray for their victims.

Pray for the many victims of the jesuits, also.

If you don't understand - see the thread White smoke, Black pope, destroyer of the USA - it gives a lot of info about this new pope and his crimes, he hasn't answered for. AuntieChrist did a superb job of putting together alot of info you certainly won't see in any "catholic" biography of this man.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

White smoke, Black Pope, Destroyer of the USA

If you were to use that as a song title and really run with it you might have the number one hit anti-religious anti-RCC conspiracy single on the Internet..

oh no, did I just do that?

It's like when I coined the term "9/11 was an inside job" way back in early 02. Oh sigh what can ya do - everything's up in the air and out of control, but in the words of Terrance McKenna "if it's completely out of control then who's control is it out of?"

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I sure hope someone else, other than the ex-Pope himself might come to realizes and recognize how humorous and funny the OP is, it can't be just me, or him (if he were reading) only. ...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

And without him I wouldn't have my santa hat by getting to place it where it belongs (in the appropriate context.

"He's good!" (it's an inside joke as a result of my own insanity, probably nothing but still worth mentioning, just in case he is a regular fan of ATS hey ya never know..)

I guess we're all a little "touched" each in our own way..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I hope he's doing ok. In spite of past feelings of revulsion towards him my prayers are with him especially if he was up to some of the things I think he was as the "last bastion"..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
wtf did I just read?

I assume a speculation about speculations that popped up in your head when you had some associations. But I can only guess.

Solid thread! [/irony]

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My prediction:

Alzheimer's.

It make sense. He would have known that he could be mentally infirm but physically well for a significant period of years.

I'm nearly certain this is what will eventually be disclosed about the situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If I tell people I talk to god, I'm considered insane.

He got fancy shoes and funky hat.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
My prediction:

Alzheimer's.

It make sense. He would have known that he could be mentally infirm but physically well for a significant period of years.

I'm nearly certain this is what will eventually be disclosed about the situation.

Is it really so hard to believe that the man just didn't want the job anymore? Even before he became pope he openly told, that he is not particularly crazy about becoming the pope (but would do it, if elected).

So he did the job for an apropriate amount of years and then quit to live a normal live at least for a few years before he dies.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenoglossy

It's no small thing to change a 600 year precedent without a more significant reason than simple retirement.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy
wtf did I just read?

I assume a speculation about speculations that popped up in your head when you had some associations. But I can only guess.

Solid thread! [/irony]

Did you not see him in action during his papacy?

You think he was channeling the love of Jesus Christ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

He was channeling the spirit of Emperor Palpatine.

If you want a "black" pope, you already had one. He's retired.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's no small thing to change a 600 year precedent without a more significant reason than simple retirement.

Precisely. So I went on the clues available as outlined in the OP.

When you're in the business of "absolution" there's the possibility, the very distinct possibility that you're also dealing in what might be thought of as a permissive framework for evil with Ratzinger as the point man manning the gate, in this case perhaps unfortunately for him, the wrong one at the wrong end of the spectrum. That's the kind of thing capable of placing such a person umm between a rock and a very hard place so to speak, and thus the request by the new Pope for prayers for the ex-Pope's "protection" as he "recovers"..

edit on 4-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The man was already old back in 2005 when elected pope. Can you imagine having to go through the daily rituals of daily Vatican life? Having to look "happy" when accepting an audience from common people to foreign dignitaries? I get tired of hosting friends for barbecue and beer on a weekly basis.

He did admit that he was only going to be a "transitional" pope because of his age. At his age, perhaps he didn't have the fortitude to deal with the whole child molestation allegations that have been going on for decades in the church and the declining numbers of people going into the priesthood.
But there is something amiss here. Because of his retirement, he is no longer liable for legal ramifications of what the church has hidden in terms of child molestation and the Rothschild bank they have on their premises.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Why? Because everything has to have some deeper, secret (and sinister) meaning?

read this:
abcnews.go.com...

“[The pope] never wanted to become a bishop, he never wanted to become cardinal, he never wanted to go to Rome, for three times he resisted the call of Pope John Paul II to Rome, but eventually he had to be obedient to the pope … and certainly never wanted to be pope,” Hesemann said at the time. “It was against his plan. It was the plan of God but was not the plan of Joseph Ratzinger.”

This has been known long before him resigning from being the pope. He never wanted to be this, and after doing his duty (in a very german way) he walks off, because he wants to live for himself for a change, and not for the church.
But that would be too easy, right. People doing things because they are human - that's fffffing unheard of.

You guys, seriously ... there is freaking conspiracy behind EVERY corner, right?
edit on 4-4-2013 by Xenoglossy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
But there is something amiss here. Because of his retirement, he is no longer liable for legal ramifications of what the church has hidden in terms of child molestation

no longer liable? you will never see an important person in the catholic church to be held liable for something. It's not like somebody could have arrested him, if he stayed pope.

the church is too powerful for this

I'm sure nobody in a position of power in the catholic church looses too much sleep over the scandals you are refering to.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy

But there is something amiss here. Because of his retirement, he is no longer liable for legal ramifications of what the church has hidden in terms of child molestation

no longer liable? you will never see an important person in the catholic church to be held liable for something. It's not like somebody could have arrested him, if he stayed pope.

the church is too powerful for this

I'm sure nobody in a position of power in the catholic church looses too much sleep over the scandals you are refering to.

If an international court of law has enough evidence to move forward with prosecution, I think they would. Do you remember the Vatican butler who released all that information? I think there was more there than reported in the media.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If an international court of law has enough evidence to move forward with prosecution, I think they would. Do you remember the Vatican butler who released all that information? I think there was more there than reported in the media.

Actually, in this case it would have been much smarter for him to stay the pope. Because the pope is the head of a state (Vatican) and you can't arrest a head of state. Not without declaring war on the state, or something.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

He would have to be insane to cover up for the animals he is in control of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join