It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who's ECTSATIC about the new Season of Game of Thrones?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just saw the new trailer for this years season and
. I'm gonna open up this discussion and see what your thoughts are on what this season will entail. We already know the obvious there will be DRAGONS! They are getting bigger YAY!Also NO I repeat NO spoilers if you read the books! But to go further in the discussion, what character would you be and why?Also if this book series was real life, what role would you play, and who would be who in the realms that appears here in everyday life ?.....This is supposed to be a fun exercise to see how imaginative the ATS community can be, so like always be courteous and civil and KNOW YOUR ROLE!
HAVE AT IT FOLKS! Lets play the GAME, get it?,its a play on words..lol

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

I don't really like the third book, which is what this coming season is based on. Although, there are moments that every fan, tv or books, will thoroughly enjoy.

Be prepared though, its just starting to get depressing.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Me...me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.

Jumping up and down waving wildly while shouting MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

I'm so excited by what I saw in the teaser for this season. It's been a long cold Winter...I'm so ready for this.....

Dragons...you can't go wrong with Dragons in the main story line. Big Anne McCaffrey fan, I am.

My role...a Dragon of course.......

Des

edit on 15-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

LMFAO!!!!
That's awesome well played sir, well played!....lol

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des you would make and awesome DRAGON! Sorry every time I say DRAGON it has to be in caps...lol Also your DRAGON would bake some ridiculously Awesome cookies!

edit on 15-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: OOPS i DIDN'T PUT DRAGON IN ALL CAPS!...LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That...is going into my favs file......

Thanks...Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Please, with the amount of changes in Season Two as compared to the Book... Definitely not me.

Now doubt they will screw with the main story somewhere... They have already killed off some major minor characters that they shouldn't have.
And DB Weiss asked Martin if they killed kill off a certain character but Martin's response was; 'You can, but he is a major character in book 5 and 6'

So... No... I am not looking forward to it.
edit on 15/3/2013 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Until the wee man offers an apology for offending my 2A rights, I will pass on this show.
I do not support any of the other tools who assaulted my 2A either.
Demand a plan??
Demand an apology!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sorry u guys feel that way....I had no idea he offended our 2nd amendment rights....boo on that but as far as I can tell u guys really didn't read my OP cause I clearly asked a few questions and was looking forward to some kind of imagination to be brought into the convo. This thread is supposed to be intended for fun...not depressive banter.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

mememememememememe

Buying season 2 dvd set today just to recap, refresh what I might have missed.

I know there's a big difference between the show and the book series, but dang, I do enjoy the show!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Can't wait, never seen a show where I fancy all the female members and also some of the males (Dinklage Man what a good looking dude )

Just wish Ned could come back

edit on 16-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

As do I my friend as do I. My friend read all the books and still liked the show so i dunno what all the hubbub is about. People should just be happy that they get to see it on screen instead of whining about how it doesn't stay superbly accurate to the books...BTW the guy how wrote the books is the one helping direct it
....oh well Also if you want a quick recap just watch that vid a few posts up it's HILLARIOUS
plus kinda accurate i guess. Thanks BTW for joining the conversation BEEZ!

P.S. if any of the characters were like anyone here in the world Id have to say that Kim Jung un reminds me of Jeffrey...Not by looks but definetly the way he's been acting lately, plus he might be inbred so who knows

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Should be interesting to see what they do. Most fans list book 3 as their least favorite of the series. Personally, I think season 3 will be a blend of the 3rd and 4th books, from a TV perspective. Unlike the books, actors have contracts for their characters to be onscreen, so this would seem to be the way to do it.

Plus, from a producing standpoint, the characters that made the show popular have to be featured, so have to have them.

We have one room in our home that has an "Olde World Map" theme, and on one of the walls, we're going to do a mural version of the Westeros map from GoT, so we're pretty big fans....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I would be, if I could watch it. Sadly, HBO is costing more than what we'd like where we live. And the wife doesn't care for some of the added in sex. I think a lot of awesome things will happen this season, given that you see "the bear" and the unsullied in the newest trailer.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I saw the episode names for the upcoming season awhile back and it looks like epsiode 7 may be the 'R. Wedding' for those who have read the books.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Should be interesting to see what they do. Most fans list book 3 as their least favorite of the series. Personally, I think season 3 will be a blend of the 3rd and 4th books, from a TV perspective.

I was under the impression that season 3 was going to be half of Book 3.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It should be fabulous, but it will be as grim as a stray dog's ring piece when it gets to like season five or six and they cover "Blood and Gold" - dont spoil it for them if you have read the books, all the reactions will be well worth it

that being said, i really dont think that GRRM will ever finish the books - the way the story stands at the moment i cant see him wrapping it up in another three books, and sadly he aint young, or healthy.. a great shame, amd the first five or six books are some of the best fantasy i have ever read - still not so sure about Dances with Dragons though, i felt he lost his way a bit, but i guess thats another thread.

ETA: i'd be Tyrion's weiner - it would be exhausting work but more than worth it

edit on 19-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I may be mixed up on the books, but I remember one has very little to do with the main characters on the show, so they'll obviously have to be creative.

i really dont think that GRRM will ever finish the books

Sadly, you may be right. He really doesn't have incentive does he? I mean, by now, he's likely to have made more than enough money from them... Same reason we'll never see more JKR Harry Potter books...though at least they had a conclusion. Her only motivation now is pride, and the desire to not be a kids author.

As far as spoilers, I haven't gotten through all of the books yet, but obviously, we know better than to expect ANY favorite character to live...surely some will, but who..well, we'll see. The series could depart here too...based on factors having nothing to do with the books.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Not me!

I'm so sick of being injured.

<<   2 >>

join