It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we just starting to hear about Benghazi survivors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When I first heard about this, I thought it was a hoax... then I saw this on Fox news:

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, in a Fox News interview, alleges the injured victims of the Benghazi terror attack feel they can't come forward to tell their stories — escalating his push for more info from the Obama administration.

Survivors? What survivors? Why weren't we told about them?

Seriously, why why WHY would the State Department not mention any survivors? My guess is that they have a story to tell that the State Department never wants to get public. As botched as this entire mess has been for the administration, having survivors around to back the governments story would have been a gold mine... unless the survivors told them where to stick it...

This is only gonna get more interesting...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Interesting if true. FOX would not have told anyone during the fall campaign, they were trying to rile the Americans into a frenzy and to funnel that frenzy in Obama's direction. If this is true, it should be enlightening to hear their side of what happened that evening.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Interesting if true. FOX would not have told anyone during the fall campaign, they were trying to rile the Americans into a frenzy and to funnel that frenzy in Obama's direction. If this is true, it should be enlightening to hear their side of what happened that evening.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Exactly... beyond that, why is Fox the only network asking these questions? Rhetorical of course

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We aren't supposed to ask these questions...

There was no arms deal for Libyan "rebels"...

Move along, citizen.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

...As botched as this entire mess has been for the administration, having survivors around to back the governments story would have been a gold mine... unless the survivors told them where to stick it...

This is only gonna get more interesting...

Very good point. Had the administration not had something to be ashamed of, they'd have thrown these people a parade....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The State Department mentioned them. They just downplayed them. Made little mention when possible...and the media was either told to keep it low or just intuitively understood this wasn't a place they were supposed to go.

2 Ex Seals left the CIA Compound a bit over a half mile away, against orders apparently after being told to stand down ...and got out 20+ civilian staff from the State Department Compound. Obviously the Ambassador wasn't one of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can't believe I missed that, but I do suffer from transient idiopathic stupidity

I would love to hear their stories about that night and see how well they mesh with the "ficlintionesque" story they kept trying to ram down our throats.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Since you are following it closely, I've left this on other threads but if you haven't seen them...it'll take some time to get through. It's the real documentary record by cables, memos and records of events, what happened at the Benghazi Diplomatic Compound for the months leading up to this. It was much much more than just that one night and I really encourage you to read the accounts and details of the wall being blown out long before the compound was attacked again and overrun this way. Anyway, you may find all this real interesting.

Congressional Committee Document Dump on Benghazi

Congressional Photo Dump on Benghazi

Why listen to MSM when you can read what they read before writing their report? The first link is the whole package. It's big. The second is the visual aids to go with it. It really is something to read the reports, request for more security over and over and then situation/condition reports of security in the city for so long leading up to this ...and look at the place they were in.

Recalling of course, this is Libya. For anyone not just starting life, it's not hard to recall this was a place Americans would be shot on the spot as spies or handed to the regime for a bounty if caught and not THAT long before they opened shop at this ....vacation home.

I mean, it's what I'd expect to see the U.S. auxiliary compound look like in Monaco or Tokyo. Not in a place where Helicopters flying non-military missions took .50 fire, apparently for someone's pure boredom, not long before this. Most nations had pulled all their people out before this ended for us because of bad security.

Anyway... If you haven't seen all the source material, have at it and see what you think. It was a Chinese Fire Drill for month after reckless month, IMO. The end result was a question of time...and the locals made the reason VERY VERY clear when they blew the wall out the first time... You'll see that in the official cable reports and incident reports too. (I'll leave ya that to discover....it's not comforting given where I live..I'll say that)

edit on 15-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think what is really most bizarre, is how NONE of these people have been paraded all over the talk shows, news shows, morning shows and everywhere else the media could have exploited them for ratings. These people won't even talk to a senator? Something stinks. Like "bog of eternal stench" kinda stink.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i heard of this months ago. like a week after it happened.

the f.b.i. had placed "gag orders" on all of them.

or should i say, obama placed gag orders on them...

where have you guys been?
watching MS'___'?

edit on 15-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Assault on guns to quiet Sandyhook, Sandy hook to quiet Benghazi, Benghazi to quiet Fast and Furious......

These guys are such liars and criminals. What has happened to Fast and Furious whistleblowers? Sandyhook - "We'll kill children, your children if you speak out against us"

Remember the MSNBC man who wrote about the lawsuit and put it on t.v.? His wife came home to 2 small children knifed to death by their trusted and "incoherent" housekeeper, who also had knife wounds, in NYC.

Would you speak out against these tyrants if you had children, and other loved family members?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I would be worried if I was one of these folks... survivors that are told to shut up generally don't live that long.

It only takes one to break the silence...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Why the long delay? Many reasons, I suspect. One, they are hiding something. We knew that to be the case pretty soon after the event. Two, we were supposed to forget about this till after the election. Well, it's WAY past that.

Will we learn more? I certainly hope so, though, considering what happened IN Benghazi, I would be a bit worried were I a survivor.

new topics

top topics

join