It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by 11118

If by spirit you mean soul then I can answer appropriately.

The soul is a focus of consciousness, the microcosmic co-Creator (manifesting as the mind/body/spirit unit). It is not attached to anything instead all is an extension of it.

You ARE the soul. And rather than going to any particular place upon death, I'd say it's more like having a radical shift of awareness and suddenly finding oneself in a totally different set of circumstances. This place is not "somewhere out there" - it's inside of your-Self.

edit on 16-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

Excuse me, I have to sneeze

Ah, AH, AHCHOOBOOUOOLLOOSOOOHOOOOOOIOOOOTOOOOOOO!

One has to question the motivation for ridicule of this flavour...search well...

A99
edit on 16-3-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

Not ridicule, just a bit of comic relief that I don't expect to last.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I can relate to that. I make myself laugh at myself all the time. Its a pretty good feeling to me.
Given the nature of this post "one" could consider a time and place for everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The soul is a focus of consciousness, the microcosmic co-Creator (manifesting as the mind/body/spirit unit). It is not attached to anything instead all is an extension of it.

You ARE the soul. And rather than going to any particular place upon death, I'd say it's more like having a radical shift of awareness and suddenly finding oneself in a totally different set of circumstances. This place is not "somewhere out there" - it's inside of your-Self.

One has to question the motivation for ridicule of this flavour...search well...

A99

Humour's good...

A99

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Excuse me, I have to sneeze.

Greetings again.

God bless you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

A99

Humour's good...

A99

Everything should be taken with a hint of humor.

You'll find there is a lot of humor in the cosmos.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Seeking is the action which makes a seeker.
When seeking stops the seeker is no more.
Becoming ends and Being is.

The painful state of becoming ends when Being is recognized.
The end is nigh.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Since I was four/five, it had always felt funny that I should be here. I never did and will never understand the purpose of existence. It seems our ego tries to justify that we need to exist, we are beautiful, we are to serve the greater good, to be one with God, we need to learn lessons, compassion, etc, etc. I am now inclined to think that our creator really just had nothing better to do, It's all a big practical joke, an amusement park ride, a game. I have read many books and interviews and often surprised that not one seem to even question the basic fundamental essence of being.

Questions:
Why do we exist? What makes us exist, who decides? Why would the creator be silly to not build perfect beings who already knows everything there is to learn? No problem on earth (or anywhere else) is unique or original anymore...why are we so willing to be created only to be subjected to similar entrapment? Why must there be lessons to be learn? Nothing should matter if we don't exist in the first place, shouldn't it? Whom are we really slaves to and what is the grand plan?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Greetings Abovetopsecret.com!

I have been frequenting this forum for years and have written a thread or two in the past.

Here, on this website and in these discussions, I find that there is the most incredible blend of deep thinkers, skeptics, extraordinarily intelligent people, and writers alike. The discussions here contain a variety of unique perspectives that blend together harmoniously, like the vibrant colors from a palette, to paint a beautiful picture of an ocean of brilliance, knowledge, and understanding. This is why I choose to place this discussion here.

I wanted to create this thread with the hope to answer questions on spirituality, life/death, and god with my own unique slant on them. To me it is a great service to be able to share, with others, my truths so that they may possibly wake up to new understandings.

In a sense you can consider me a disciplined adept who is giving his slant on metaphysics and the like. I am no better or worst than you, I'm simply an equal teaching and learning with you just as you are learning and teaching with me. All words that I write are merely neutral in their presence and you can take or leave whatever you read as truth or not - simply use your own inner intuition to decide what you feel is right.

I will answer questions that I feel are okay to respond to; the better your question, the better I am able to provide an answer. I will keep responding as long as I am allotted time to do so.

I am expecting the entire spectrum of replies from true questions from the heart all the way to scolding and teasing.

Here's your chance; do you have a question?

edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

i applaud your attempt
but the same time it also testifies of a small-minded self-importance.

As if you, Sir, would know *anything* about the Vast and powerful spirit world above us.

edit on 16-3-2013 by Lone12 because: text

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
Since I was four/five, it had always felt funny that I should be here. I never did and will never understand the purpose of existence. It seems our ego tries to justify that we need to exist, we are beautiful, we are to serve the greater good, to be one with God, we need to learn lessons, compassion, etc, etc. I am now inclined to think that our creator really just had nothing better to do, It's all a big practical joke, an amusement park ride, a game. I have read many books and interviews and often surprised that not one seem to even question the basic fundamental essence of being.

Questions:
Why do we exist? What makes us exist, who decides? Why would the creator be silly to not build perfect beings who already knows everything there is to learn? No problem on earth (or anywhere else) is unique or original anymore...why are we so willing to be created only to be subjected to similar entrapment? Why must there be lessons to be learn? Nothing should matter if we don't exist in the first place, shouldn't it? Whom are we really slaves to and what is the grand plan?

You do not exist! And when you find this out you will be amazed. The ever-changing scene (Maya/Leela), the play of life is just happening presently. You only appear to exist in the mind and thoughts (the dream of separation). Without the belief in time there would be nowhere for the person to exist separate from what is happening.
If there were no idea about next or before, what are you? If all the things are removed....what are you? Where are you in any of this?

You can only ever be a slave to the idea you have about yourself. The separate person is a false idea that can only appear to live in time, in mind. There is an idea that you can become more or better. The seeking is what the apparent individual is.
Have a look for that separate person now. Can the one that suffers be found presently? The belief that there is suffering, the belief that there is lack has not looked at directly - it is just an idea that there is something missing.

Is there anything lacking?
youtu.be...
edit on 16-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper
Do you think evil is something that just is (in itself), or is it just an external perception/reaction that others may have?

Good and evil are faces of the same coin.

Say I take a slice of pizza off your plate. To me it is good for I will survive and be fed. For you it may seem to be evil as it is against your greater good.

Good and evil, correct or incorrect, up or down, this or that, right or wrong, etc... are all definitions given by each unique perspective of the individual. In the grand scheme of things there is no definitive answer on what is this or that.

You can look at it form the view of positive and negative. A positive action is radiant, giving, full of light, and full of love (love for another's well being). A negative action is absorbent, selfish, and full of light in the opposite direction, and also full of love (love for the self's well being over another). Either action is always out of love and neither is right or wrong.
edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

There is a right and wrong. Do you really think that soul growth, does not depend upon behavior, and in the very least intent? In infinity, do you see One plain that we emerge to? Or infinite houses, frequency groupings? If so, would they range in density/gravity and shrinking, or expanding? Though in infinity spatial and size/measurments may be impossible, the densities would still exist. Would birds of a feather flock together?

If there was no right and wrong, why does earth resemble boot camp for many?

Are we all grown up here? Does the state of the earth imply we are?

I see outward like a Good Star/Mother, caring for its creation/solar system, and inner like a dwarf star, by the way.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reading your thread,
i see you are busy with the present Matrix, only

= the tree of good and bad
dualism

- but the réal Good, is above [ behind] this present matrix

and it is He.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Good initiative, as well as good and well mannered replies.

What came first; the conscience or the Universe?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by 11118

Why does Voodoo work so fast and prayer sometimes not work at all?

That is more about need and the level of synchronicity a being is allowed to create from my point of view. Was the need at the same level of intensity and was the thing you are trying to manifest the same difficulty to create?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

For argument's sake, let's assume we agree that you and I do not exist...only the minds and thoughts that we appear to exist (exactly as you said). Then again, why? Why should the minds and thoughts appear to exist? Why can't they just not exist? Please don't tell me I created my mind and thoughts since there is no "I" to start with as we agreed.

The fact that you are saying you can only be slave to the idea about your 'self'' implies the need for that self to exist. That sounds like a contradiction that I often read in many writings, which tend to confuse rather than enlighten. Care to try again? Also, keep asking why's until you can't possible know the answer, then ask who is doing it? For what?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius

For argument's sake, let's assume we agree that you and I do not exist...only the minds and thoughts that we appear to exist (exactly as you said). Then again, why? Why should the minds and thoughts appear to exist? Why can't they just not exist? Please don't tell me I created my mind and thoughts since there is no "I" to start with as we agreed.

The fact that you are saying you can only be slave to the idea about your 'self'' implies the need for that self to exist. That sounds like a contradiction that I often read in many writings, which tend to confuse rather than enlighten. Care to try again? Also, keep asking why's until you can't possible know the answer, then ask who is doing it? For what?

Oneness plays hide and seek with itself by apparent division. No one can say why.
It is genius.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

1. What is the most essential nature of "good" and "evil"? To be clear: I ask this because I suspect these are not absolute qualities, as much as they are subjective. I'd like to know your opinion.

2. What is the purpose of our existence here? What is the purpose of Homo Sapiens?

3. Are there any expectations of further spiritual evolution? If so, what can we expect from such developments?

4. Is there a conscious higher power taking an active interest in our future at this point in time? If so, what is the nature of this conscious higher power?

5. What is the relationship between the material world and the spiritual world? How exactly are they connected?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 16-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It could be genius...or pure evil.
Most seem to [like to] believe the former or something positive. It's always the ego thing...how can we ever be slaves to anything less than love, compassion, brilliance? But there's just possibility that it's all illusion. Like chickens thinking that they are raised because they deserve the feed. When the time comes, they are all harvested.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABeing
Good initiative, as well as good and well mannered replies.

What came first; the conscience or the Universe?

That is a good question! I was thinking the universe, but then after thinking about it i couldn't get better than 50/50.
Thanks for letting me "rattle" myself lol classic sh1t right here hehe

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Consciensousness came first, all is in reality a kind of thoughtscape. However, its not like in infinity there is only One Type of Energy. For that is finite thinking. There is instantly by examining infinity, infinite types and variety of energies, some animate and some inanimate. So in a sense, the universe is making use of a type of energy, to form holograms and "schools" or "playgrounds" for learning. Infinity lies within and without all things, and is not merely infinite void, but infinite "something".

Now I can't remember where I read this, have kept trying to find the video where scientists were discussing matter, materializing and dematerializing, in nano seconds. It was as if, every moment was like an infinite snapshot, or photograph, and everything such as your body, vanished and recreates itself in nano seconds, many times over. Any time something changes. So you are complete anew, so to speak every second. From a souls perspective, the idea of these snapshots, standing outside of time, would be nonlinear.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Ummm...is the bridal chamber the same as kundalini?
YouSir

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join