It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OP, your posts remind me of a book I'm very fond of called "Illusions", by author Richard Bach, and so far your replies reflect my own thoughts on oneness and spirituality. I have so many questions, but for now what I want to know is this: I've recently discovered what I believe to be the goal of "the game" of physical existence, which is to tame the ego and learn to feel unconditional love. Not as easy as it sounds, at least in my experience, especially the unconditional love part. Having developed the intellectual skills first, which makes it all the more difficult, I often judge others which is something I'm aware I also must stop doing, but the thing is, all that interferes with my capacity to love others. Is there any way I can make things a bit easier? To sum it up, I often know how I should feel, but don't and that's frustrating. I'm used to learning things with my mind, not my heart and the change of pace is really hard.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
OP, your posts remind me of a book I'm very fond of called "Illusions", by author Richard Bach, and so far your replies reflect my own thoughts on oneness and spirituality. I have so many questions, but for now what I want to know is this: I've recently discovered what I believe to be the goal of "the game" of physical existence, which is to tame the ego and learn to feel unconditional love. Not as easy as it sounds, at least in my experience, especially the unconditional love part. Having developed the intellectual skills first, which makes it all the more difficult, I often judge others which is something I'm aware I also must stop doing, but the thing is, all that interferes with my capacity to love others. Is there any way I can make things a bit easier? To sum it up, I often know how I should feel, but don't and that's frustrating. I'm used to learning things with my mind, not my heart and the change of pace is really hard.

Namaste brother.

You are quite perceptive.

The mind enjoys patterns and when a pattern is more and more followed it is harder and harder to change. The key to the positive path is first the choice. Making the choice to help someone or serve them before yourself is the foundation and first act. If again the choice is made to help someone or serve them before yourself, the second act will empower (square) the first act and so on each act will empower the previous act(s). This creates, as defined from the Law of One material, 'polarity'. Polarity can go both ways e.g. the positive path or the negative path.

Polarity can be seen as momentum or a snowball effect that causes one to become greatly empowered. The more you do out of love the easier you will be able to do it each and every consecutive time and the greater your service to others will have potential of being. I myself, have followed this path for a great duration of time and in general I am very radiant and loving with actions, words, and thoughts.

Meditation is, in my opinion, the single most important activity for developing a personality that is whole, balanced, and disciplined. This is what you seek, and if you keep searching you shall find it.

Truly, when you can look into your enemies eyes and say "I love you and forgive you" you will see the illusion begin to fade slowly away.
edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Who are the after life police?Who maintains the laws.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Who are the after life police?Who maintains the laws.

After life police are not needed as the awareness in that state is aware of the grand scheme of things and thus there is no conflict.

Likewise, police or law enforcement infringe upon an individual's free will which is to be held in the highest regards above all circumstances.

edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

The soul stream can be seen as a stream of your experience which has created who you are.

If the soul stream created us, why do we need female eggs and male sperm?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

If the spirit is within us while we live, but cannot stay in the body when we die, what part of the body is the spirit attached to, and how does it break free?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by 11118

The soul stream can be seen as a stream of your experience which has created who you are.

If the soul stream created us, why do we need female eggs and male sperm?

The soul stream did not create you, it is you.

The reproductive tools, for the birth of the biochemical body that you currently enjoy for your life experience, are necessary for procreation.

In truth, you are a native to Earth by birthright and yet a foreigner at the same time. The physical body is finite but you are a citizen of eternity.
edit on 16-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by 11118

If the spirit is within us while we live, but cannot stay in the body when we die, what part of the body is the spirit attached to, and how does it break free?

If by spirit you mean soul then I can answer appropriately.

The soul is a focus of consciousness, the microcosmic co-Creator (manifesting as the mind/body/spirit unit). It is not attached to anything instead all is an extension of it.

You ARE the soul. And rather than going to any particular place upon death, I'd say it's more like having a radical shift of awareness and suddenly finding oneself in a totally different set of circumstances. This place is not "somewhere out there" - it's inside of your-Self.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I hate to seem rude but the claim of being humble yet having some
kind special spiritual belief or knowledge is the opposite, i have seen
this said in many ways but what your really saying is I know something
the rest of you don't, ask me and i can tell you why i believe your
incorrect or that i am correct, it just does not come off as humble,
to me being humble is admitting that the evidence which supports
spirituality or religion is lacking and professing a belief in such
a thing before it has evidence is gullible not humble.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Have you thought that logic through? What is your role here beyond ego? What does a semantic digression RE: humility bring to the present conversation?

To the OP: Can you describe the soul-purpose of a victim of childhood Leukemia? Does a soul choose such a life as penance for something else? To be close to another soul for however brief a moment? Some other reason entirely? What does such a soul purpose teach those left behind after their biochemical death? For example: what might a child-sibling of such a person learn from the experience of losing a brother or sister in this way?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I hate to seem rude but the claim of being humble yet having some
kind special spiritual belief or knowledge is the opposite, i have seen
this said in many ways but what your really saying is I know something
the rest of you don't, ask me and i can tell you why i believe your
incorrect or that i am correct, it just does not come off as humble,
to me being humble is admitting that the evidence which supports
spirituality or religion is lacking and professing a belief in such
a thing before it has evidence is gullible not humble.

Thank you for your post friend.

I have already said in my first post that my words hold no weight but the weight that one believes them to hold. I am no better and no worst but merely equal with all else. My slant and perspective is unique but that is all, as all entities perspectives are just as unique and delightfully divine.

Te amo brother/sister.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Have you thought that logic through? What is your role here beyond ego? What does a semantic digression RE: humility bring to the present conversation?

To the OP: Can you describe the soul-purpose of a victim of childhood Leukemia? Does a soul choose such a life as penance for something else? To be close to another soul for however brief a moment? Some other reason entirely? What does such a soul purpose teach those left behind after their biochemical death? For example: what might a child-sibling of such a person learn from the experience of losing a brother or sister in this way?

I will be back to answer as this is an excellent and very important set of questions.I must however leave for a short duration of time and will be back soon.

Adios brothers and sisters.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

No problem. It is late here and the robot needs sleep anyway. I look forward to reading your thoughts whenever you get a chance to share them here.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

If, hypothetically, science could explain the nature of consciousness, objective experience and mechanism of self awareness, what does that do for the concept of spirit/soul. Would the idea of spirit become redundant 'self' were purely the result of biochemical processes.

Hypothetically, of course.

I was discussing this the other day and we never did get to the bottom of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

The body is a creature of the mind.

Disease is not actually a result of physical variables manifesting to cause disease. Instead disease is the result of imbalances of consciousness which the physical reality, being a reflection of the self, manifests from imbalances in the consciousness into disease or illness. The mass consciousness of the planet is, although getting better, quite imbalanced as a whole and thus there is large epidemics of disease(s).

Most cancer for example is caused by the holding onto inner emotion e.g. anger which is as a chaotic and imbalanced emotion causing the physical (cells) body to reflect this chaotic and imbalanced emotion as a type of cancer. The placement of where the cancer is is also symbolic of certain blockages of the energy system (chakras etc...) and in a way is a catalyst for one to learn to balance themselves, thus relieving themselves of the cancer.

Unfortunately the medical industry and pharmaceutical industry is based off of profit(s) and thus treatments (which actually make the entity far worst) are given while the emotional and inner imbalances become worst and worst by the effect of the treatments and doctors prognosis together. I actually watched my younger sister lose her leg to cancer and the whole experience of it was traumatizing to her especially the chemotherapy they had given her.

Now that I've explained this I can move on to the questions:

The purpose is extremely case specific as there are so many effected by the victim and so many different ways they are effected by the incident that a general definitive answer is not really possible.

The actual plan for the incarnation, and for any incarnation, is extremely flexible and set only under certain guidelines which were decided upon. The entity could have chosen before incarnation to have this disease for the lessons it offered for the entity and the lessons it offered for those effected by the entity having the disease. It is through illness, death, and trauma that great experiences are made available. To watch a loved one pass away is sad and seemingly negative but it is a gift in disguise - for when you see one go you realize how much you truly love them and your understanding of that love is amplified.

The point of this whole game is simply based on love and learning about love. In the darkest of times one better becomes aware of the light.

Many curse the heavens because they are saddened by their life and what they had been given. They think, "how can god be so cruel to me?" and in truth they had chosen those lessons for the catalyst towards growth and learning that they provide.

We should be thankful for the hardships and struggles of life for they provide gems of understanding.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How and when will we be able to answer our own questions and experience them directly?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
reply to post by 11118

If, hypothetically, science could explain the nature of consciousness, objective experience and mechanism of self awareness, what does that do for the concept of spirit/soul. Would the idea of spirit become redundant 'self' were purely the result of biochemical processes.

Hypothetically, of course.

I was discussing this the other day and we never did get to the bottom of it.

As I stated before, the body is a creature of the mind.

Using science - in quantum physics consciousness is seen as the primary variable in reality. The observer effect and so forth. One of my acquaintances who is savvy on quantum physics has given a good explanation on everything at a subatomic level having nearly no mass at all.

Part of the explanation was that a sub atomic particle doesn't exist until it is observed. Until then there is only a wave function.

This would also mean that the body you currently enjoy would also be a part of this same concept. The atoms of your body are then merely the result of awareness/consciousness and without consciousness would not hold any mass.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
How and when will we be able to answer our own questions and experience them directly?

When one looks within themselves and asks. I will point out it takes practice to establish a clear connection to the inner-self especially when one has gone their whole lives burying it deeper and deeper in the layers of the biases and imbalanced patterns of the mind. Discipline of the personality/the mind is quite important for yielding better intuitive results.

"Keep on seeking, and you will find."

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

The soul is a focus of consciousness, the microcosmic co-Creator (manifesting as the mind/body/spirit unit). It is not attached to anything instead all is an extension of it.

You ARE the soul. And rather than going to any particular place upon death, I'd say it's more like having a radical shift of awareness and suddenly finding oneself in a totally different set of circumstances. This place is not "somewhere out there" - it's inside of your-Self.

Excuse me, I have to sneeze.

Ah, AH, AHCHOOBOOUOOLLOOSOOOHOOOOOOIOOOOTOOOOOOO!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Excuse me, I have to sneeze

Ah, AH, AHCHOOBOOUOOLLOOSOOOHOOOOOOIOOOOTOOOOOOO!

One has to question the motivation for ridicule of this flavour...search well...

A99
edit on 16-3-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join