It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper
Do you think evil is something that just is (in itself), or is it just an external perception/reaction that others may have?

Good and evil are faces of the same coin.

Say I take a slice of pizza off your plate. To me it is good for I will survive and be fed. For you it may seem to be evil as it is against your greater good.

Good and evil, correct or incorrect, up or down, this or that, right or wrong, etc... are all definitions given by each unique perspective of the individual. In the grand scheme of things there is no definitive answer on what is this or that.

You can look at it form the view of positive and negative. A positive action is radiant, giving, full of light, and full of love (love for another's well being). A negative action is absorbent, selfish, and full of light in the opposite direction, and also full of love (love for the self's well being over another). Either action is always out of love and neither is right or wrong.
edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by htapath
About four years ago, a ball of light entered my house through a wall. It was about the size of a bowling ball and was pinkish white in color. I received a stream of pure energy through the crown of my head and could feel it penetrate my entire body down to my feet. This lasted only a couple of minutes.

Can you describe the significance of this event and what this entity was?

Thanks in advance.

The answer would be impossible to give as there are many, many, different possible answers.

The question is not the significance of the event from my perspective but how, instead, was the event significant to you? What emotion do you feel from it? What is it a pleasant or unpleasant experience? What does it make you want to do?

The event was significant to me in a few different ways. Most simply, it helped to expand my awareness and was life changing. The emotion I feel from it is a dream-like awe. This was a very pleasant experience. Hmm well, it made me want to ask you this question to further clarify what exactly happened and what this entity was.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

About four years ago, a ball of light entered my house through a wall. It was about the size of a bowling ball and was pinkish white in color. I received a stream of pure energy through the crown of my head and could feel it penetrate my entire body down to my feet. This lasted only a couple of minutes.

Can you describe the significance of this event and what this entity was?

Thanks in advance.

The answer would be impossible to give as there are many, many, different possible answers.

The question is not the significance of the event from my perspective but how, instead, was the event significant to you? What emotion do you feel from it? What is it a pleasant or unpleasant experience? What does it make you want to do?

The event was significant to me in a few different ways. Most simply, it helped to expand my awareness and was life changing. The emotion I feel from it is a dream-like awe. This was a very pleasant experience. Hmm well, it made me want to ask you this question to further clarify what exactly happened and what this entity was.

Then, my answer to you would be that you experienced contact with either a higher/future aspect of yourself (more uncommon) or a benevolent entity that is close to you (still quite uncommon but more plausible). Contact in this sense is extremely rare due to certain circumstances which have been put into place in relation to human interaction.

We have to remember that there are no coincidences, but instead only synchronization.

Again the possibilities are always infinite and thus the event could have been a plethora of things.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I like threads like this and thank you for the opportunity.

Question:

Does the physical even exist? To be more specific.....is this "life" just like the Matrix quote that says this is just the "mental projection of your digital self"?

Or the mental projection of our spiritual self?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I appreciate your reply, though I confess - the question vexes me even more now that you have answered.

I'm not much of a believer, but I hope I am still open to the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Question:

Does the physical even exist? To be more specific.....is this "life" just like the Matrix quote that says this is just the "mental projection of your digital self"?

Thanks!

The physical exists as an illusion. It is really only a byproduct of consciousness and cannot exist without consciousness or awareness. The physical may not be true reality but your experience of it is real and you can choose to express your reality in the illusion.

As I've said before how one defines physicality is how it shall express itself.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Greetings Abovetopsecret.com!

Here's your chance; do you have a question?

I have a question. How do you know "without a doubt" what "my answers" are given that you have posed a question of such subjective nature? I don't mean any disrespect to your post but i would like you to think about your answer before you respond. If you so chose to respond that is.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhysicalExperience

Here's your chance; do you have a question?

I have a question. How do you know "without a doubt" what "my answers" are given that you have posed a question of such subjective nature? I don't mean any disrespect to your post but i would like you to think about your answer before you respond. If you so chose to respond that is.

Excellent question brother/sister.

I do not know, without a doubt, what your answers are. I only can offer my slant and it, being neutral, can be defined as your answer or not by your own definition and perspective.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I do not know, without a doubt, what your answers are. I only can offer my slant and it, being neutral, can be defined as your answer or not by your own definition and perspective.

So do you feel that the question could have been "worded" in such a way to as to possibly confuse people into believing that "your truth" is "their truth" and that you in fact have "their answers"?
Again no disrespect, i just like to push the boundaries of my own mind and you are helping me with this so thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Question:

Thanks!

The physical exists as an illusion. It is really only a byproduct of consciousness and cannot exist without consciousness or awareness. The physical may not be true reality but your experience of it is real and you can choose to express your reality in the illusion.

As I've said before how one defines physicality is how it shall express itself.

Thanks for the reply.

So if the physical is only a manifestation of consciousness, in what "realm" or "world" does the spirit reside?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhysicalExperience

So do you feel that the question could have been "worded" in such a way to as to possibly confuse people into believing that "your truth" is "their truth" and that you in fact have "their answers"?
Again no disrespect, i just like to push the boundaries of my own mind and you are helping me with this so thank you.

It was not intended that way. In fact, I wrote in detail that my words are neutral in their premise and to use one's discernment/intuition when reading.

The question could be defined as being worded that way but that depends on the individual and if they definite it that way. I could say your posts are boring or I could say they are fun but are your posts boring or are they fun? That is up to whoever defines it as either. There is no definitive answer besides its existence.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

While I imagine that your thread is honest, you know that when it comes to the topics of spirituality, or life after death it all comes to what people believes and religion.

Everybody regardless of what they believe have their own interpretation base in their own experiences of what they perceive as spiritual.

So while you may try to answer some peoples questions is very unfair in the sense that is your opinion and believes the ones you will be using to answer those questions.

But you may try.
anyway thanks for the offer, but I got my own interpretations and opinions base on my own experiences with what I perceive as spiritual.

link   
Yes I am aware that whatever occurred was an unusual event by anyone's standards. I wasn't trying to stump you, but rather had hoped that you could shed some more light on the matter, so to speak.

Thanks for the feedback, as it is much appreciated.

Peace be with you and S&F for your efforts.

link   
reply to post by 11118

People can be "easily confused" so i take "personally responsibility" for this and much care when i am "passing on information" to anyone that is not me. There is "nothing wrong" with your post "in my opinion" as i am able to see the information without "distortions" for myself personally. Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
Does our self awareness as we are now end, decrease, or increase after our physical death? If we retain our self awareness are we able to interact with other familiar awareness's? Thanks
edit on 15-3-2013 by Gumerk because: Clarification

The soul often feels the loosening of the bonds that attach it to the body, and does its utmost to hasten and complete the work of separation. Already partially freed from matter, it beholds the future unrolled before it, and enjoys, in anticipation, the spirit-state upon which it is about to re-enter.
The body often suffers more during life than at the moment of death, when the soul is usually unconscious of what is occurring to the body. The sensations experienced at the moment of death are often a source of enjoyment for the spirit, who recognizes them as putting an end to the term of his exile."

In cases of natural death, where dissolution occurs as a consequence of the exhaustion of the bodily organs through age, man passes out of life without perceiving that he is doing so. It is like the flame of a lamp that goes out for want of aliment.
-Kardec

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

First you must understand that the self (you), potentially, exists in all instances, and in all times, and in many different bodies or forms.

The soul can be seen as the individualized "I am" presence and exists outside physicality.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Was Jesus a shapeshifter according to recent documents found that says he was and that's why judas kissed him to show who he was before changing shape....

Jesus is the type of the moral perfection to which man may attain upon this earth. God offers Him to our thought as our most perfect model and the doctrine taught by Him is the purest expression of the divine law, because He was animated by the divine spirit, and was the purest being who has ever appeared upon the earth.
If some of those who have professed to instruct man in the law of God have sometimes led him astray by the inculcation of error, it is because they have allowed themselves to be swayed by sentiments of too earthly a nature, and because they have confounded the laws which regulate the conditions of the life of the soul which regulate the life of the body. Many pretended revealers have announced as divine laws what were only human laws, devised by them for serving their own passions and obtaining dominion over their fellow-men.

-Kardec

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper
Do you think evil is something that just is (in itself), or is it just an external perception/reaction that others may have?

Why does evil exist in the nature of things? I speak of moral evil. Could not God have created the human race in more favorable conditions?

Spirits are created simple and ignorant . God leaves man free to choose his road; so much the worse for him if he takes the wrong one; his pilgrimage will be all the longer. If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil. It is for this purpose that souls are united to bodies.

-Kardec

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So far this discussion is incredibly beautiful brothers and sisters.

I will be back to answer more questions in a short while, I must bring an item to a friend in need of its use down the road.

Te Amo friends.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I saw a post you just made but it has "gone" now (not sure why). I was about to reply this is "very correct" in my experience. I wish it was still there but "you know" what i am referring too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join