It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by HarryTZ

oneness is another crutch used by weak minded individuals to fill a hole or to bear a hopeless situation such the human's.

"i lost all my family but im still happy because we are one and thus they live within me and i will get to see them again when i die" or "i have been alone all my life and hate myself for this, but im a firm believer in oneness so even though i feel like a useless crap i know it will be better when i die.. sic" to give you a few examples. On the good side its a way out of depression.
But if you expect to find the truth this way, you are highly mistaking. New age wouldnt serve its purpose if it was teaching people the raw Truth of things. It is another deceiving religion and anyone who falls into the trap deserves what is coming.

Weak mind?
We, loners (introverts, autists, whatever u like to call us), most of us, are always ready to live our entire lives alone

But most Extro, will have difficulties to part with their closest ones.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 11118

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

1. What is the most essential nature of "good" and "evil"? To be clear: I ask this because I suspect these are not absolute qualities, as much as they are subjective. I'd like to know your opinion.

2. What is the purpose of our existence here? What is the purpose of Homo Sapiens?

3. Are there any expectations of further spiritual evolution? If so, what can we expect from such developments?

4. Is there a conscious higher power taking an active interest in our future at this point in time? If so, what is the nature of this conscious higher power?

5. What is the relationship between the material world and the spiritual world? How exactly are they connected?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 16-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Greetings!

1. The essence of both is love.

Example:

One who is deemed as having good intentions pursues an action out of love for another or others. Yet, to others he/she may seem to have bad intentions.

One who is deemed as having bad intentions pursues an action out of love for themselves. Yet, to himself he/she, and possibly others, may seem to have good intentions.

For example, one who steals food from another to feed his/her family is "bad" or "evil" to the one being stolen from but "good" or "benevolent" to those who she/he feeds. And one who steals food from another to feed himself may seem "bad" or "evil" to the one being stolen from but "good" or "benevolent" to himself for feeding himself.

Here we can see that what is right and what is wrong is based on perspective and the intention that seems right to another may seem wrong to another.

Life is how we define it.

Morality is subjective.

2. The purpose here, although slightly unique to each entity, is to experience. Experience yields growth and understanding of the self. The reason why life seems challenging is because were there no potentials for misunderstanding there would be no experience.

3. There's always a brighter day ahead. The Creator is a mystery clad being and it is wise to expect the unexpected. Through spiritual evolution and understanding the consciousness those things deemed as "miracles" and "magic" are possible and the actual nature of the Creator.

4. There is my friend. That higher 'power' can be seen as your higher consciousness. You are existing at all levels and times simultaneously and your future self is merely an infinitely complex version of the accumulation of your experience(s) - it is your future self looking back and serving your past self. Have you ever looked back at your younger self in this life? The Higher Self does not manipulate its past selves. It protects when possible and guides when asked, but the force of free will is paramount.

5. The physical world manifests from the spiritual or inner world of consciousness.

Beautifully answered. I very much agree. This answers many questions for the layperson and AfterInfinity has the nack to ask the heck out of them. Now getting back to ME and me only; my question still unanswered. "WHO AM I AND DO YOU KNOW ME YET"?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by HarryTZ

oneness is another crutch used by weak minded individuals to fill a hole or to bear a hopeless situation such the human's.

"i lost all my family but im still happy because we are one and thus they live within me and i will get to see them again when i die" or "i have been alone all my life and hate myself for this, but im a firm believer in oneness so even though i feel like a useless crap i know it will be better when i die.. sic" to give you a few examples. On the good side its a way out of depression.
But if you expect to find the truth this way, you are highly mistaking. New age wouldnt serve its purpose if it was teaching people the raw Truth of things. It is another deceiving religion and anyone who falls into the trap deserves what is coming.

I am not yet convinced about one-ness either (but remain open to any possible proof that will change my mind). Labeling believers weak doesn't serve as good evidence that the concept is utterly false. Let's be honest, for us to judge/see someone in a certain 'negative' light without sound basis usually is only intended to give us a short-term illusion that we are better/stronger souls. Personally, I prefer a more permanent illusion myself.

Nonetheless, you are certainly entitled to your belief too. It is only human nature to yearn for an "anchor". A comfortable nest extends beyond a physical dwelling to include having a set of mental belief/s. The issue lies when someone challenges that belief system; this is akin to trespassing into another's territory. Little do most of us realize that being "enlightened" also means detachment from one's belief system and ability to accept the possibility that one's belief may not be "real". We are never our beliefs as much as we are not our physical form, what we do or achieved. Strength truly lies when we are able to withstand the absence of all illusory supports that we believe "hold" us up. But hey, I could be wrong.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It is something that cannot be truly Known until it is experienced - otherwise it is either an intellectual understanding, a belief, or a "faith." In my humble experience anyways

edit on 3/21/2013 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
reply to post by Kurius

It is something that cannot be truly Known until it is experienced - otherwise it is either an intellectual understanding, a belief, or a "faith." In my humble experience anyways

edit on 3/21/2013 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure about everyone else here, but I am not afraid to say I do question the true motive of our highly political "God".
First, does it ever make sense to create so many souls out of nothingness just to learn Love and Compassion and the ultimate destiny is to "merge with Him"? Why possibly trick a few to experience something beautiful knowing full well that it would create discords amongst humanity? Why not let everybody in on Enlightenment or at least a quick glimpse of it? Could He possibly be choosing the gullible but highly persuasive beings to attain Enlightenment (no offence intended)? Could people who claim Enlightened be mere tools to further divide society? If I was ever "enlightened" and able to meet God, I would certainly pose those questions directly too.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

oh but oneness is not completely false. In a way its a reality. However it is totally different from what people imagine... that state of "oneness" is not the destination you want to reach although most will "go there". Because its the energy in its purest form without any specialization. Its not self aware and does not contain any consciousness. Its like where souls (or any others things that be) are recycled to become raw unadultered sterilized energy which will serve others purposes. But all traces of its ancient owners are erased. Thats why i said it wouldnt please..

Oh but you ARE your physical form. Why do you think you would need it otherwise? Its really simple, you got a physical body because your soul needs it to survive. Thats how you keep your consciousness and individuality from melting away into the primordial energy, the nothingness or can be called oneness too.

Im entitled to my beliefs and actions you got that right. What you dont is that it is not a belief or else i wouldnt have said it. Moreover, im one of the rare breed that doesnt need to have fixed beliefs or backups (anchors is good too)to be able to fonction and staying sane. In others words, regardless of what lies beyond the illusion of the human's condition (after death or even simpler, outside of the society), i will adapt.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Kurius

oh but oneness is not completely false. In a way its a reality. However it is totally different from what people imagine... that state of "oneness" is not the destination you want to reach although most will "go there". Because its the energy in its purest form without any specialization. Its not self aware and does not contain any consciousness. Its like where souls (or any others things that be) are recycled to become raw unadultered sterilized energy which will serve others purposes. But all traces of its ancient owners are erased. Thats why i said it wouldnt please..

Oh but you ARE your physical form. Why do you think you would need it otherwise? Its really simple, you got a physical body because your soul needs it to survive. Thats how you keep your consciousness and individuality from melting away into the primordial energy, the nothingness or can be called oneness too.

Im entitled to my beliefs and actions you got that right. What you dont is that it is not a belief or else i wouldnt have said it. Moreover, im one of the rare breed that doesnt need to have fixed beliefs or backups (anchors is good too)to be able to fonction and staying sane. In others words, regardless of what lies beyond the illusion of the human's condition (after death or even simpler, outside of the society), i will adapt.

Let's assume that oneness is not completely false. My question was "What are God's motives to facilitate only a few to experience it? (I am saying 'facilitate', because it is probably not a random event)."

It's great to hear that you are adaptable, _damon. Do watch the following Youtube video showing an experiment to recreate a person's new "reality" (consequently belief system). Similarly, could the possibility that everyone's "reality" (including "oneness reality") be fashioned by the greater power (God) to achieve some HIDDEN agenda? Just sayin'. Personally, I am open to any possibility...including that I am mistaken. Can everyone else be as open? Of course, if you choose to believe and ingest the impossibility 'blue pill', that's perfectly fine too.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
reply to post by Kurius

Similarly, could the possibility that everyone's "reality" (including "oneness reality") be fashioned by the greater power (God) to achieve some HIDDEN agenda?

This oneness reality wasn't 'created'... it just is. To suggest that God has some 'hidden' reality would be to personify Him as secretive, which is human nature. Not to mention that this would be impossible considering the fact that there is no separation between God and us.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

reply to post by Kurius

Similarly, could the possibility that everyone's "reality" (including "oneness reality") be fashioned by the greater power (God) to achieve some HIDDEN agenda?

This oneness reality wasn't 'created'... it just is. To suggest that God has some 'hidden' reality would be to personify Him as secretive, which is human nature. Not to mention that this would be impossible considering the fact that there is no separation between God and us.

Believe me, I am not disputing the validity of your experience. Even if I do experience the oneness myself, it would not stop me from inquiring. If a human being is capable in creating the reality of another as in the video, I can't discount the possibility that a higher power has staged a deeper, more alluring "reality" of oneness for me.

Sorry, the second part of the video is:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Even if I do experience the oneness myself, it would not stop me from inquiring.

No one can or ever will experience oneness. If someone was experiencing oneness it would make two.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Even if I do experience the oneness myself, it would not stop me from inquiring.

No one can or ever will experience oneness. If someone was experiencing oneness it would make two.

At this point, I am inclined to agree with you that it is only an abstract theory or just a way of looking at things. Could it be a case of the Emperor's new clothes where some guru came up with the idea and everyone thought, "Hmmm, what a noble thought", then jumped onto the oneness bandwagon?
Seriously, if we are all in oneness reality or fact, we would be experiencing every suffering, joy and all emotions every being is now undergoing, wouldn't we? Still, I'm not discounting that it could possibly be a "reality" ...perhaps just for some people who have been 'hypnotized' by the higher power? Would I like to be 'hypnotized' too to truly "understand" it? I am certainly game. Will I become rigid to insist that IS the true reality for everyone including myself? Probably not. Will I be defensive if someone challenges it? I think I would be more curious to explore/accept other possibilities than to dismiss them outright. Shouldn't everyone always consider possible alternatives? I guess it depends on each one's comfort level. Should we be afraid that we might offend God or that we are attributing too human qualities to Him? I think not especially since we have heard that we could have been created in His image and sometimes, that we are God/part of God.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

At this point, I am inclined to agree with you that it is only an abstract theory or just a way of looking at things. Could it be a case of the Emperor's new clothes where some guru came up with the idea and everyone thought, "Hmmm, what a noble thought", then jumped onto the oneness bandwagon?
Seriously, if we are all in oneness reality or fact, we would be experiencing every suffering, joy and all emotions every being is now undergoing, wouldn't we? Still, I'm not discounting that it could possibly be a "reality" ...perhaps just for some people who have been 'hypnotized' by the higher power? Would I like to be 'hypnotized' too to truly "understand" it? I am certainly game. Will I become rigid to insist that IS the true reality for everyone including myself? Probably not. Will I be defensive if someone challenges it? I think I would be more curious to explore/accept other possibilities than to dismiss them outright. Shouldn't everyone always consider possible alternatives? I guess it depends on each one's comfort level. Should we be afraid that we might offend God or that we are attributing too human qualities to Him? I think not especially since we have heard that we could have been created in His image and sometimes, that we are God/part of God.

Oneness is quite literal actually, just looking at Evolution. Isn't human DNA like 50% Banana or something? Physically we are all connected and linked together. Kind of like an ant colony you could say, except it applies to the entire Earth (and universe?). At least that's what I'm thinking.

Your idea of some greater perception deception would make for a great thrill but it feels too tiring for me. The wheel keeps turning just for us to be in a constant state of being deceived? It's like the ego-ic brain thingy majig trying to protect itself, I think. Whatever lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAndGreen

Oneness is quite literal actually, just looking at Evolution. Isn't human DNA like 50% Banana or something? Physically we are all connected and linked together. Kind of like an ant colony you could say, except it applies to the entire Earth (and universe?). At least that's what I'm thinking.

Your idea of some greater perception deception would make for a great thrill but it feels too tiring for me. The wheel keeps turning just for us to be in a constant state of being deceived? It's like the ego-ic brain thingy majig trying to protect itself, I think. Whatever lol.

Absolutely.
Oneness could be a way of looking at things literally. Consider String Theory. If we reduce everything to indivisible units, we are all just a bunch of 'strings'. In effect, we can say that we are all one in that sense.

Trust me, I would very much prefer the Hollywood ending myself, to believe "Love that is the essence and truest nature of all entities", that questioning it is an indication you will remain an incomplete being (as one post suggested). Why would anyone believe otherwise when it gives them most comfort in a beautiful absolute? Little does one realize the trap, however, that it is a stark contradiction to enlightenment as it draws one to an attachment of that very idea that gives them comfort. Take that away, they falter.

People tend to assume spiritual gurus know everything. They don't question (especially in class settings), well, how do you know that? How can you be so sure you are not misled through the illusions by the higher power? Why can't everyone be given the special direct access to the knowledge and made automatically aware? What are you selling, how much in donations are you getting? etc, etc.

I can understand why people get offended or defensive when we propose a different possibility (resorting to judging or even calling us names, etc). It's not only one's belief that is challenged and one's perhaps years of seeking at stake, but an entire chain of money-making avenue is also threatened. Seriously though, if we are truly enlightened, do we need to believe in anything, really? Do we need to be upset by the possibility that more (perhaps sinister) alternatives actually lurk? I don't think so, but if anyone is upset, please continue the prescribed blue pills. That would probably help.

We should start writing the 'thriller'.
It would challenge the very core of every existing belief. I wonder what the implications would be....(evil grin)
Then again, that thriller may have already been written before. Few thoughts, problems or solutions are ever original anymore. They just take on different forms.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Absolutely.
Oneness could be a way of looking at things literally. Consider String Theory. If we reduce everything to indivisible units, we are all just a bunch of 'strings'. In effect, we can say that we are all one in that sense.

Trust me, I would very much prefer the Hollywood ending myself, to believe "Love that is the essence and truest nature of all entities", that questioning it is an indication you will remain an incomplete being (as one post suggested). Why would anyone believe otherwise when it gives them most comfort in a beautiful absolute? Little does one realize the trap, however, that it is a stark contradiction to enlightenment as it draws one to an attachment of that very idea that gives them comfort. Take that away, they falter.

People tend to assume spiritual gurus know everything. They don't question (especially in class settings), well, how do you know that? How can you be so sure you are not misled through the illusions by the higher power? Why can't everyone be given the special direct access to the knowledge and made automatically aware? What are you selling, how much in donations are you getting? etc, etc.

I can understand why people get offended or defensive when we propose a different possibility (resorting to judging or even calling us names, etc). It's not only one's belief that is challenged and one's perhaps years of seeking at stake, but an entire chain of money-making avenue is also threatened. Seriously though, if we are truly enlightened, do we need to believe in anything, really? Do we need to be upset by the possibility that more (perhaps sinister) alternatives actually lurk? I don't think so, but if anyone is upset, please continue the prescribed blue pills. That would probably help.

It would challenge the very core of every existing belief. I wonder what the implications would be....(evil grin)
Then again, that thriller may have already been written before. Few thoughts, problems or solutions are ever original anymore. They just take on different forms.

I've never studied string theory before although I do have interest in it!
I tried looking it up one time last year but most of the words I couldn't understand xD. Is it like the core of all physical matter are non-physical energy that behaves like tiny strings? Or something like that? I think I got the gist of it kinda but the math part is really confusing …

And if there is some greater beings trying to deceive all of us, I think it's just like a snake eating its own tail really. Just repetition after repetition. I mean, when a dictator takes over a country, is that dictator REALLY the one that is 'winning'? Or are the people that are finding their own inner peace and inner happiness in every situation the real 'winners'?, even if their bodies happen to be 'killed'? (not really killed, just starts transforming into organic matter that gives life to plants etc) I think seeing how things are so cyclical in history makes you laugh at a lot of our worries. At least for me it does. The hard part is remembering this every day and always applying it lol.
edit on 21-3-2013 by BlueAndGreen because: Just rambling

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Whats the meaning of life - with out definition of language- personal "I" and original knowledge or self awareness or subconscious - -But in the idea of the absents of evidence of a plane in absolute zero- // the vibration of "nothingness"- or particles- with out destiny-

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nope, I know for a fact two can make one in the human body, stresses the physical; challenges the mind but is possible without a freakout (the understanding is the hard part).

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAndGreen

Absolutely.

I've never studied string theory before although I do have interest in it!
I tried looking it up one time last year but most of the words I couldn't understand xD. Is it like the core of all physical matter are non-physical energy that behaves like tiny strings? Or something like that? I think I got the gist of it kinda but the math part is really confusing …

And if there is some greater beings trying to deceive all of us, I think it's just like a snake eating its own tail really. Just repetition after repetition. I mean, when a dictator takes over a country, is that dictator REALLY the one that is 'winning'? Or are the people that are finding their own inner peace and inner happiness in every situation the real 'winners'?, even if their bodies happen to be 'killed'? (not really killed, just starts transforming into organic matter that gives life to plants etc) I think seeing how things are so cyclical in history makes you laugh at a lot of our worries. At least for me it does. The hard part is remembering this every day and always applying it lol.
edit on 21-3-2013 by BlueAndGreen because: Just rambling

I know what you mean.
Asking me to explain the mathematics in String Theory would be like asking me to make anyone understand Oneness.
I can accept the possibilty that perhaps the vibration frequency of the strings in my brain is just not there yet to understand either.
In case anyone is interested, the following video (and many more out there) does a good job introducing the theory in two minutes. Maybe someone could make the connections between the theory and human spiritual experiences?

Please don't assume that what I am proposing about God-slave/victim relationship theory is true yet or some people here in ATS may see to it I will not live long enough to see Enlightenment and understand Oneness.
I am only open to the possibility that everything is a mirage made to pacify us, human beings, until it's too late to learn the real truth. Why? To keep us from finding the way out and temporarily calm....very much like the Cyprus government who just hours before proposing that flat tax/theft of 6-10% on savings and immediately declaring Bank holiday, told its people their savings were safe.
Once the truth was out, panic ensued, bank holiday is extended till next Tuesday. Of course, you are right too, this may possibly backfire.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Nope, I know for a fact two can make one in the human body, stresses the physical; challenges the mind but is possible without a freakout (the understanding is the hard part).

No one can or will experience 'oneness' because when it happens the person is realized to not be (one is liberated from the 'person'). If there was 'someone' experiencing it then that would be 'someone' experiencing a 'something' called oneness and that would still be duality.
When the rapture happens - the person is carried away.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Originally posted by GregJ
reply to post by 11118

I got a question for you..A deep question..

From your perspective...

Who YOU think YOU really are ?

I already knew the answer..But i want to see if you wise enough to realise it or not..

P/S : To be honest..The word " I will answer humbly " is came from your Ego where it said you need to be polite because you are a spiritual guy right now..Come on dude...We all same..Dont need to be formal or something..Dont listen to your Ego buddy...

And maybe your need to inform him of that came from your ego and my need to tell you came from my ego. Viscious circle, isn't it? Not criticizing you, just observing

Yep..Its funny right ? I realised it too..Seems like all of us still not mastered the Ego yet..haha..

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join