It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishpackerfan68
Im guessing this would be my philosophy if anything.

But ive been actively trying achieve enlightenment for about a year now. I think I have more of a conscience understanding of myself and through meditation I have significantly began to almost "see" into others and their actual emotion. I feel as though I am gaining so much intelligence, confidence, and understanding but I feel like im becoming alone in my existence as well. I can release feelings of negativity at any time I want to but the loneliness is sucking the life out of me. How do I overcome this?

See that feelings come and go. As does lonliness.

It's part of self Mastery, to be at peace and fine no matter what the situation. SO see that Lonliness is something that comes and goes and is not permanent and is not you. Anything that you can be aware of, is not who you are so it can be let go of. When all things are let go of, even when you let go of yourself ...then eventually Enlightenment reveals itself

I already did a "How TO" Enlightenment thread a month ago or so. If people would read it and the resources in it, there would be no more questions.
THe Ultimate How To Enlightenment Thread

It should be made a "Sticky" in the Philosophy and Metaphysics Forum
edit on 19-3-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hola :]

Can you go into more detail about the bodies that correspond with each chakra? How orange is physical, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sure, it's common logic that something can't exist unless its opposite does as well... but could not the Creator have created Itself without this being a property of Itself?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Wow i never thought of it that way but how do you know what you don't of is really a peice of yourself you have yet to find out? Like if you are a part of everything. Then everything is you. If you do not understand everythin you dont understand yourself even if you think you understand yourself.
edit on 19-3-2013 by irishpackerfan68 because: left something out

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I dont mean to disrespect you i just learn better when i question everything

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishpackerfan68
reply to post by dominicus

Wow i never thought of it that way but how do you know what you don't of is really a peice of yourself you have yet to find out? Like if you are a part of everything. Then everything is you. If you do not understand everythin you dont understand yourself even if you think you understand yourself.
edit on 19-3-2013 by irishpackerfan68 because: left something out

I dont mean to disrespect you i just learn better when i question everything

No worries.

For example, unsweetened tea itself is Neutral. It doesn't think or say to itself, "I need sugar, or else, I'm bitter." It's the mind of the person that creates these things, and these things are relative. Many people prefer unsweetened bitter tea as that gives them the raw natural taste, while others can only have it with sugar, brits have it with milk/creme. So who's right? No one necessarily, as all of those are merely preferences.

So it is with lonliness. I once couldn't stand it, but now prefer it, and have met many others who prefer and Love solitude. There quite a few jobs that include a lonely solitary life for periods at a time, such as Authors/writers. truck drivers, etc

As far as everything I posted on the Enlightenment thread that I included the link too...... I've experienced what I write about in there. And the offer is to see if what I say is true, test it yourself. That's ultimately what Buddha says and how Christianity can be approached as well. See and test it for yourself.

The fruits of your labor will be direct experiences that prove to you whether it is genuine or not

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Greetings brothers and sisters.

My sincerest and deepest apologies for not being here to answer your questions. I am so very pleased to see the discussion has went on.

I will answer questions tonight and it shall be a while before I catch up.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Is there a difference between infinity and nothingness?

No Thing Ness implies non-existance of anything physical/a negative. Infinity describes the potencial for ALL things matter based or existential; to experience expansion beyond known or imagined existance/a positive.
edit on 20-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 11118

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

1. What is the most essential nature of "good" and "evil"? To be clear: I ask this because I suspect these are not absolute qualities, as much as they are subjective. I'd like to know your opinion.

2. What is the purpose of our existence here? What is the purpose of Homo Sapiens?

3. Are there any expectations of further spiritual evolution? If so, what can we expect from such developments?

4. Is there a conscious higher power taking an active interest in our future at this point in time? If so, what is the nature of this conscious higher power?

5. What is the relationship between the material world and the spiritual world? How exactly are they connected?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 16-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Greetings!

1. The essence of both is love.

Example:

One who is deemed as having good intentions pursues an action out of love for another or others. Yet, to others he/she may seem to have bad intentions.

One who is deemed as having bad intentions pursues an action out of love for themselves. Yet, to himself he/she, and possibly others, may seem to have good intentions.

For example, one who steals food from another to feed his/her family is "bad" or "evil" to the one being stolen from but "good" or "benevolent" to those who she/he feeds. And one who steals food from another to feed himself may seem "bad" or "evil" to the one being stolen from but "good" or "benevolent" to himself for feeding himself.

Here we can see that what is right and what is wrong is based on perspective and the intention that seems right to another may seem wrong to another.

Life is how we define it.

Morality is subjective.

2. The purpose here, although slightly unique to each entity, is to experience. Experience yields growth and understanding of the self. The reason why life seems challenging is because were there no potentials for misunderstanding there would be no experience.

3. There's always a brighter day ahead. The Creator is a mystery clad being and it is wise to expect the unexpected. Through spiritual evolution and understanding the consciousness those things deemed as "miracles" and "magic" are possible and the actual nature of the Creator.

4. There is my friend. That higher 'power' can be seen as your higher consciousness. You are existing at all levels and times simultaneously and your future self is merely an infinitely complex version of the accumulation of your experience(s) - it is your future self looking back and serving your past self. Have you ever looked back at your younger self in this life? The Higher Self does not manipulate its past selves. It protects when possible and guides when asked, but the force of free will is paramount.

5. The physical world manifests from the spiritual or inner world of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir
reply to post by 11118

Ummm...is the bridal chamber the same as kundalini?
YouSir

In a way you could say they are similiar. However, The Bridal Chamber is more of the destination that is reached when one has truly balanced the paradoxes of itself - such as balancing both male and female within oneself or even attributes such as attractive or unattractive. Kundalini may be seem to be the same but it is also the process by which, through balance of the energy centers, the earthly or vital energy going into the lower energy centers meets the in pouring of cosmic energy into the higher energy centers.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
Thank you for doing the thread.
We had a good post from guest poster illuminati helpinghand talking about the upcoming harvesting of souls, but how can the soul upon separation from the I am the body idea be negative?.
How are souls judged free from the ego?
Namaste.

There is never any separation - only a very strong illusion created by the perspective of an entity which defines themselves as separate. Merely it is a different avenue of learning about love. Whether that is in a "negative" density or "positive" both are learning of love. Love of either the self or another is insignificant - the direction is different but the essence is the same.

The Creator is all things and even the darkest of places contains within them the same essence of all things and the pattern of the Creator.

The entity who is being harvested will, after death, move into the density of light/information most comfortable to them. This could the same level/density as the one you currently experience or a higher one. The only one who judges you is yourself. You will place yourself in the correct place by way of your own will
edit on 20-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieSektor
Hello, I hope you can steer me in the right direction here 11118. I have a question for you. You see I have recently lost my father he died a little over 2 years ago. I have had 2 distinct experiences after his death. Please allow me to explain. The first experience happened just over a week after his death. I was sitting in his favorite chair just sitting, as the world seemed to drag on around me in slow motion and I was very depressed and confused and just thinking about life. (It was a lazy boy style recliner) I was reclined back sitting when I started to notice my legs and arms going numb. It felt just like when your arm or leg falls asleep they say and it's all tingly. This sensations quickly rushed throughout my whole body and I didn't even feel like a body. All I felt like was pure energy. And most importantly all I could notice at this point was my heart beating greatly. The sensation lasted maybe 5 minutes then faded away. The second experience happened 9 months later. I was laying in bed and the time was 11:47pm I have all of this written down as it was such a profound experience. I was laying in bed calm and content. My mind was totally clear and I was very close to drifting off into a good night of sleep. (All of this happened while my eyes were closed and laying in bed). My fathers voice spoke to me!!! It was the Exact voice like he was right there with me to this day it gives me such a relief about Life/Death. He said "Hey John" I was so shake up and confused all I could mutter out was "I Love You" then he replied "Now You Know What To Do When You Get Older" At this point I Knew what was happening It was definatly my father! after this brief dialogue I was so excited and shaken up I believe I lost contact with him because at that point I lost the "connection" where I believe a person can contact entities or beings that are on a higher frequency or energy level. I believe this because I could not make out anything else he was saying shortly after the brief dialogue he sounded like he was under water there was something cutting off the connection the more I started to realize what was happening and I lost that state of awareness?

11118, My Question to you is...What in the world do you believe I experienced in both situations?
Since the experiences I do NOT fear anything in life anymore! It's changes you when you have a loved one in flesh and bone, they die and you are so lucky to connect with them while you are still alive. It's like the universe/creators way of telling you HEY! I'm trying to teach you something. But all you understand is I will live on after death so I must not fear It nor anything else in this fragile life, for it will decay my insides and turn me into something I TRUELY am not??

As I've told a previous poster. It is the meaning of the dream which holds its essence; it is the meaning TO YOU which holds its essence. Experiences are full of archetypes. An archetype is a general symbol with a generic meaning but this general meaning is skewed and changed by each different perspective.

For example, if I dream of a tornado then the archetype of a tornado is uncontrollable chaos and destruction. This would mean that my subconscious layers of the mind are saying that there is something in my life which I feel is uncontrollable and of chaos/destruction. What it is in my life that makes me feel this way is unique and different to someone else who may have the same dream. Likewise, the personal feeling or emotional charge from the archetype is monumental to understanding what its meaning is for you.

From what I have gathered from your post I would say the experience(s) were to give you faith and trust in living without fear of death, without the fear of ending, and without the fear of not being able to function in your truest self after such an intimately close death such as your father's.

Truly, there is nothing to fear. Nobody is ever lost and nobody ever truly dies. Many loathe the death of a loved one but death should be celebrated and honored as it is the moving on to higher life. We will all be together again even though we are all already together.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

I think he mentioned something about imagining yourself born a white dot in a white room. How can you know you are white when there is nothing else to act as contrast?

Perhaps we were once happy beings knowing only suffering and oppression, but then we experienced wellness and freedom. Alas, Ignorance is always bliss!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sorry, I would still question your statement: "All seeking (not just enlightenment) occurs because one does not feel fulfilled. It stops when fulfillment is the case." Can't one just seek for the sake of seeking or curiosity without "feeling unfulfilled" being the criteria? If not, everyone will have to undergo lobotomy to be in the state of what you call enlightenment. To borrow your statement, "where is the fun in that?"
Let me illustrate: you are content with wearing a yellow shirt everyday and people identify you as "the guy in yellow" which is fine to you. However, one day, you just feel like experiencing blue for no reason at all but just the mere experience of perhaps looking like the sky. Does it mean you were incomplete or unfulfilled when you were wearing yellow? Is it considered incompleteness to exercise choices and freewill?
I honestly don't feel unfulfilled nor have I the confidence/arrogance to say I am complete as I can't presume I know what completeness means, if there is anything such as being complete in the first place. However, I am always curious. If it helps you to justify your belief by labeling anyone seeking/questioning as "unfulfilled" souls, that's ok too, but some people prefer the "half-full" than "half-empty" version.

Thanks for the videos. At least, in the last segment of the video, Ananta admitted that although she had the epiphany that essentially she had to step back and detach from situations, looking at them at different perspectives, she was still a human being and unable to do so constantly. I don't know him that well, but I couldn't sense the same level of honesty in Mooji, or perhaps that guru "I have to know more/be better than thou" facade was misleading? Is he the personification of a "complete enlightened being"? I don't know.

You said in one of your posts that you were once "on your knees". Could you please tell us your story? What happened? What changed you? How?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
reply to post by BDBinc

The question boils down to. Whose bright idea is it all to create and make us go through what we must go through just to "learn" an idea as simple as compassion or love?

The idea was our. You have not been forced to be here, you chose to be here. Compassion and love may seem simple yet the understanding of compassion and love is truly endless as there are endless levels, instances, acts, understandings, and ideas of compassion and love.

If you were born into a room that was nothing but pure light, not even a shadow observable, would you know what light even is or if it exists? Now let us throw a shadow in the room and "aha!" so there is light and it exists from your perspective.

Thus, compassion is not understood without experiencing them in a state that shows contrast and comparison between what compassion is and what it is not. If you have a choice to either help another or hurt another then you are able to consciously learn compassion and love by way of choosing and thus experiencing what is compassion and what may not be compassion.

Were there never such a possibility of choice and misunderstanding there would not be understanding at all.
edit on 20-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Thanks for your explanation.
"When one whole-bodily recognizes that there is no separation, the inherent morality of the heart (love) results in treating others with love. I do not need laws to tell me how to treat others - the heart inherently knows when we recognize that we all arise in infinite prior unity."
Love is "inherent", "hatred" is not? Where do hate and all the negative cocktails come from then? Has "love" been prevalent some time in our human history then someone/something changed it that indicated that it is "inherent"? Just because we may prefer living in mansions, would that make it "inherent" in our being to live in one?

Yet another problem with the idea that there is no separation: Someone posted earlier that the reason we were all here was to help the Creator (the whole) learn about Him/Herself. With 7.1 billion people on earth alone, the majority of problems or solutions are no longer new, original. They just take on different forms. Seriously, how many people do you need to screw a light bulb? Why should we exist just to be expected to repeat what others have gone through? It's like watching "Titanic" ten times. Ok, I know some of you do, but c'mon....

I am really curious to know, is there any merit to existence at all? Are we just supposed to be lobotomized zombies as I think, Itisnowagain indirectly suggested we should be? Ok, it might be "fun" for a few minutes, but really...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by 11118
Greetings Abovetopsecret.com!

I have been frequenting this forum for years and have written a thread or two in the past.

Here, on this website and in these discussions, I find that there is the most incredible blend of deep thinkers, skeptics, extraordinarily intelligent people, and writers alike. The discussions here contain a variety of unique perspectives that blend together harmoniously, like the vibrant colors from a palette, to paint a beautiful picture of an ocean of brilliance, knowledge, and understanding. This is why I choose to place this discussion here.

I wanted to create this thread with the hope to answer questions on spirituality, life/death, and god with my own unique slant on them. To me it is a great service to be able to share, with others, my truths so that they may possibly wake up to new understandings.

In a sense you can consider me a disciplined adept who is giving his slant on metaphysics and the like. I am no better or worst than you, I'm simply an equal teaching and learning with you just as you are learning and teaching with me. All words that I write are merely neutral in their presence and you can take or leave whatever you read as truth or not - simply use your own inner intuition to decide what you feel is right.

I will answer questions that I feel are okay to respond to; the better your question, the better I am able to provide an answer. I will keep responding as long as I am allotted time to do so.

I am expecting the entire spectrum of replies from true questions from the heart all the way to scolding and teasing.

Here's your chance; do you have a question?

edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

I dont need to ask you anything, I have as complex an understanding or lack thereof of reality as I need.

But you can ask me something if you so wish.

What is love?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Wait... rewind..... I chose to be here? Let's say you are right.... Then the fact that I was able to choose presupposes that I have to first exist. So the question is whose bright idea was it that dictated my very existence to enable me to choose to be here?

By the way, . my mom recently just confessed to me she went to a psychic when I was a baby. I don't know how true, but she said he told her I actually refused to be born, but was FORCED to. So go figure.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

on 911 thousands of people died in an instant. Particularly the 2nd tower to fall (first hit) had a lot of people who saw it coming but were helpless to do anything.

Do you think their spirits are at peace? If not, would it take a grave site for them to be so?

Will they be haunting the guilty? The site?

(I might add I don't mean at peace within their life activities but at peace with the day they died)

Last question, do you dream?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
I would like to know why I met a light being when I was younger. Thereafter, I would like to know why I met Jesus in a dream. Also, tell me why I had a harder than hard life compared to the average. I would love answers to those questions.

What did the dream make you feel?

In life there is the common perspective that our life is harder than another's life experience. This is because we do not see/feel the inner world of another self who struggles just as you do. We may see another as being greater or worst off but, in truth, we are all here with struggles, making mistakes, being pushed and shoved, hurt, confused, and wishing for something better. We do not know if a homeless man is happier than a rich man. Or a rich man is happier than a homeless man.

The truth is that your life is as easy, or as difficult, as you believe it to be. One can believe that a man with great wealth is happier and lacking in struggles compared to a poor man; yet it is not materialistic wealth that is true abundance and wealth. Instead it is the state of the inner self and the definition from the inner self on its current state that dictates having wealth or lacking struggle.

True abundance is not having a lot of something but doing a lot with the little that you have. You may not have everything you want but you, always, always, have everything that you need.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join