It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the truth on what a redneck really is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just like any group of people...I think there are a variety of types within the term "redneck".

For example, take my wife and I. We live on a ranch. We each drive a Ford pickup. We have horses, dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and next year, we'll add chickens. We enjoy country music. We like to grill up steaks, and good home cooking. We tend to fix and build things for ourselves. We have guns and know how to use them.

Yet, we also are both college-educated with MBA's, we also love to rock out to Metallica and southern rock, etc., are not interested in NASCAR, neither of us really likes beer (we prefer hard liquor and mixed drinks), and we have a nice home, with high-tech gadgets.

We consider ourselves to be "rednecks" of a sort, but I don't think the term is nearly as narrow as people may think it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Redneck isn't really a southern thing at all. Most things referred to as "southern" came from W.va. or some other part of the appalachias. The term was coined here in W.va. because the coal miners who revolted against the company store group wore these red bandanas, and so came the term "redneck". Now it is a derogatory term used by people like Tina Fey of Saturday Night Live ilk, who went on to create a skit on their little show called 'Appalachian Hospital' where those zio racists drove people of the Appalachias into the ground because I guess they are tied into the Rockefellers and other thieves who stole all the natural resources here.

But hey, you guys can use it....I guess....if it makes ya feel kewl.

@Gazrock
There are many educated proud rednecks. And besides, WTH does education have to do with anything?
edit on 20-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
BTW a rednack and a hillbilly are two different groups. The rednecks are rich, they normaly have double wide trailers.
edit on 15-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

I hate to burst your little bubble but there are just as many "rich" hillbillies, who in turn, are the originators of rednecks. Isn't southern just french who liked what they saw the "Hillbillies" doing? Ciopycats?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Bayou Billionaires and Duck Dynasty come to mind...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

But governer, for every one of those there are atleast an equal in the appalachias. The only TV show we got right now is Buckwild, though.
And the fuzz got Salwa!

There are many buisness owners here who should have a TV show. Blenco glass should be one. But TPTB would rather show the bad.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join