Here is the truth on what a redneck really is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Many people believe that the term Redneck is a insult. You really couldn't be father from the truth.

The term "redneck" is often misunderstood by those north of the Mason-Dixon line. Many Yankees misunderstand this beloved term of endearment and treat the word as if it were some kind of insult. A true Southerner understands that achieving the state of Redneck is a noble pursuit.

Rednecks are truly one of the last freespirited people in the U.S. They/we don't give a damm what anyone else thinks.

Rednecks truly feel sorry for the poor bastards who work their asses off for eight years in college only to become corporate slaves; all that hard work just to get a decent BMW and a Rolex. You see, a real Redneck would never feel the need to brag or ever think to mention to hard working yuppies that the 80 acre family farm is worth eight million dollars, and of that, five million is in farm equipment that is only used a few weeks each year.

They/we try to mind our own business. But never stick your nose in ours !

True Rednecks will defend their sacred honor and will not tolerate those who disparage their families, traditions or loved ones. Many a surprised New Yorker has pondered this while visiting an Emergency Room after flipping off a Redneck

Although I have used a small portion of quotes from the link, to get a real grasp of my meaning. Read the link below it's a good read, and written very whimsically.

www.dba-oracle.com...

Remember, if you ever call a true redneck, a redneck at least now you will know why they still smile.

4 , 3 , 2, 1......... Now start the Jeff Foxworthy jokes.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
BTW a rednack and a hillbilly are two different groups. The rednecks are rich, they normaly have double wide trailers.
edit on 15-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Fact: All Texans are Rednecks.
At least thats what I hear when I tell people I live in Texas.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I am a Southern Redneck...though I prefer to go by the Feminine flirtatious term of Bubbette, to those who are on a first name basis with me. All the rest of you can call me by my more formal name....

Southern Belle.....

Des

edit on 15-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Just don't call me Alice.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Rednecks are truly one of the last freespirited people in the U.S. They/we don't give a damm what anyone else thinks.

Canada has its share of rednecks too. My husband is proud to be one.

When I met him, he was living in a camper on the back of an old pickup truck, with an old coon hound and a Rottweiler puppy

He's now a truck driver, and still proud to be a redneck.
Fan of Jeff Foxworthy as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This post doesn't even enlighten the truth of what a Redneck is. Long ago the term Redneck was used as an observation of someone who usually had a Red Neck. The Red Neck was a result of working hard long hours in the blistering sun, usually farmers or other manual laborers who were required to work outdoors. Thus Redneck was usually someone who worked for a living.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I once had an Assistant Manager ask me what we would consider an insult, (he was black, I am white) as a race because I laughed when I fired an employee and he called my a cracker... I looked at him blankly and said " A WELFARE RECIPIENT". .. True Story...
edit on 15-3-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by S3rvoV3ritas
This post doesn't even enlighten the truth of what a Redneck is. Long ago the term Redneck was used as an observation of someone who usually had a Red Neck. The Red Neck was a result of working hard long hours in the blistering sun, usually farmers or other manual laborers who were required to work outdoors. Thus Redneck was usually someone who worked for a living.

You must have got that off wiki.

The term redneck comes from the West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I don't see any geographica barrier's for it. It's a way of life.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by snowspirit

I don't see any geographica barrier's for it. It's a way of life.

I come from a long line of rednecks... "proud to be" in the country and I have to say, I love your avatar. Dr. McGilicutty is the first "prescription" I had to pass out... Peppermint if I recall....

Who says "My Name is Earl" is false....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

LOL

"My Name is Earl"

With him we have to go into Redneck Karma.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Catalyst317

LOL

"My Name is Earl"

With him we have to go into Redneck Karma.

LMAO... Just like the show... the more you drink the more truth it becomes... LOL

Big Star for you sir!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

BTW a rednack and a hillbilly are two different groups. The rednecks are rich, they normaly have double wide trailers.
edit on 15-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

REDNACK?

That must be a very painful condition

Sorry Rocky, that got me grinning and just had to add a comment

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ouch!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Ouch!!!!!

Yes, OUCH!

For those of you who do not know what the slang for Knackers is :

onlineslangdictionary.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

. Well if i was American my friend i would want to be a free spirited redneck to. And i tell you what. From what i have seen in pictures, The south looks so amazing. And sunshine wow, I saw that once!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Except for the sunshine there is nothing stopping you. Trade in your car buy a pickup truck. Move your couch to the front yard. Go get some flannel shirts and a flag from whichever of your 3 civil wars you choose.

You could start your own subculture.

Just kidding man (maybe??), thank you for your response.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I will trade in for a pick up truck for sure. Fuels that cheap over there i could keep it topped up with juice and drink it as well

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm a transplanted "Yankee". Moved from Phillie to NW Louisiana. I'm now proud to be a redneck...and I have the yard ornaments to prove it...toilet and bathtub in the front yard, filled with geraniums.
and a tool shed that looks like an outhouse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join