Jaw-Dropping Crimes of the Big Banks

page: 1
32
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So people always question what's wrong with big banks and how we allowed them to become so powerful, well part of that is because of instances like these ones.

Source

The source contains links to the various 'sources' which prove the points. Some of it is just plain fact, others perhaps a bit spurious in nature.


Here are just some of the improprieties by big banks:

Funding the Nazis

Laundering money for terrorists

Financing illegal arms deals, and funding the manufacture of cluster bombs (and see this and this) and other arms which are banned in most of the world

Launching a coup against the President of the United States

Handling money for rogue military operations

Laundering money for drug cartels. See this, this, this, this and this (indeed, drug dealers kept the banking system afloat during the depths of the 2008 financial crisis)

Engaging in mafia-style big-rigging fraud against local governments. See this, this and this

Shaving money off of virtually every pension transaction they handled over the course of decades, stealing collectively billions of dollars from pensions worldwide. Details here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here

Manipulating gold prices … on a daily basis

Charging “storage fees” to store gold bullion … without even buying or storing any gold . And raiding allocated gold accounts

Committing massive and pervasive fraud both when they initiated mortgage loans and when they foreclosed on them (and see this)

Pledging the same mortgage multiple times to different buyers. See this, this, this, this and this. This would be like selling your car, and collecting money from 10 different buyers for the same car

Cheating homeowners by gaming laws meant to protect people from unfair foreclosure

Committing massive fraud in an $800 trillion dollar market which effects everything from mortgages, student loans, small business loans and city financing

Manipulating the hundred trillion dollar derivatives market

Engaging in insider trading of the most important financial information

Pushing investments which they knew were terrible, and then betting against the same investments to make money for themselves. See this, this, this, this and this

Engaging in unlawful “frontrunning” to manipulate markets. See this, this, this, this, this and this

Engaging in unlawful “Wash Trades” to manipulate asset prices. See this, this and this

Otherwise manipulating markets. And see this

Participating in various Ponzi schemes. See this, this and this

Charging veterans unlawful mortgage fees

Helping the richest to illegally hide assets

Cooking their books (and see this)

Bribing and bullying ratings agencies to inflate ratings on their risky investments

Violently cracking down on peaceful protesters


Regardless, I think it's important to realize that banks have treated us like cattle for a long time and we are ALL second class citizens according to them.

My question is, can anybody debunk some or all of these claims? I would really interest me to see what is myth and what is truth.

Thoughts ATS?




posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'll add my thought and link contribution for additional data to ponder on this topic.

Derivatives: The Unregulated Global Casino for Banks

If you haven't seen that particular display, it's one to take your breath away. Keep in mind, of course, all the gold ever mined on this planet, in recorded history ...amounts to roughly 7-8 trillion dollars if somehow it could all be accounted for and accumulated, which of course it can't be. I'm not sure we even have the trees sufficient to make the proper paper in the quantity required for a physical production of the final totals at that link, are you?

The banks would have a lot of explaining to do if we were in a position to even ask politely if they may please consider it. Isn't that the problem? We can't even ask politely like Little Boy Oliver asking seconds, let alone demand accounting to what has happened and been done as it needs to be, IMO.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So people always question what's wrong with big banks and how we allowed them to become so powerful, well part of that is because of instances like these ones.

Source

The source contains links to the various 'sources' which prove the points. Some of it is just plain fact, others perhaps a bit spurious in nature.


Here are just some of the improprieties by big banks:






Laundering money for drug cartels. See this, this, this, this and this (indeed, drug dealers kept the banking system afloat during the depths of the 2008 financial crisis)



My question is, can anybody debunk some or all of these claims? I would really interest me to see what is myth and what is truth.

Thoughts ATS?


Yes, already had thoughts on this, and so have others. There is no debunk in the case of HSBC who effectively laundered drug money, be it having been profit or finance. Man, all they got was a slap on the wrist fine, and NOBODY went to Gaol/Jail. The fine meant feck all. The little dealer guy on the street, (whom I don't have much sympathy for, but could also be a victim) goes straight to the poky. So much crap.
Sorry I had to cut most of your post in reply, I would have preferred to keep it all.
edit on 15-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'll add my thought and link contribution for additional data to ponder on this topic.

Derivatives: The Unregulated Global Casino for Banks

If you haven't seen that particular display, it's one to take your breath away. Keep in mind, of course, all the gold ever mined on this planet, in recorded history ...amounts to roughly 7-8 trillion dollars if somehow it could all be accounted for and accumulated, which of course it can't be. I'm not sure we even have the trees sufficient to make the proper paper in the quantity required for a physical production of the final totals at that link, are you?

The banks would have a lot of explaining to do if we were in a position to even ask politely if they may please consider it. Isn't that the problem? We can't even ask politely like Little Boy Oliver asking seconds, let alone demand accounting to what has happened and been done as it needs to be, IMO.


It is the big cheat Wrabbit I agree, and every goddam banker knows it, even the profits/assets published by banks includes everything in the portfolio, and that includes reclaimed 'bad debt' like real estate, supposedly much the centre of derivatives activity in North America, that is where the con is.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The question is what do we do to get the banks under control?

My answer is to print the funds to eliminate all government debt and a good portion of consumer debt. Print it rather than borrow it. By pulling in this debt the banks would no longer have any capital with which to control the system. At that point it wouldn't matter if the derivatives made the banks fail. In time the slate would be wiped clean.

Everyone argues how inflationary this would be. The truth of the matter is, with bank leverage shrunk tremendously, there would be a much higher probability of deflation.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical
 

In reality....

The Worst cases of Hyperinflation of all time

Everyone who has tried printing their way out of the downward spiral has hastened the fall and ended with bank notes carrying so many zeros, it was absolutely absurd to behold.



It gets really nasty and in a real big hurry. The scary thing to me is that it would appear Bernanke intends to do just that with his 85 billion per month debt binge of buying US debt. I think I'd seen where the Fed may hold as much as 29% of the overall US Debt by 2016. That's not a cooperative arm of kinda sorta ...yes but not really Government anymore. That's simply saying 'Yes, Master...how may we serve the Fed today?' and their having a numerical reason to publicly demand it, too.

The nuttiness on fiscal policy is just out where the buses don't go now.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I may get slaughtered for this but...well I don't see the problem. What do you expect banks to do with our money? They make massive profits from these activities, and someone has to to do it. The criminals know they can trust the banks, and the banks skim off their profit. That way they can pay their ordinary customers a little interest on their savings, and the bankers themselves can live the lifestyles enjoyed by the drug dealers, arms dealers, and so on enjoy, and the criminal element know that their financial dealings are secure so there is less bloodshed at this end of the business. It also suits governments to allow this to go on, important leaders are guaranteed jobs with banks when their political careers come to an end as non-executive directors, turn up five times a year, collect a huge cheque, pay some nominal tax on it, and everyone wins. The entire business world is corrupt, always has been been, all the markets are rigged, all the deals are crooked. The big issue is that until the intervention of the internet it was easy to keep it all under wraps, but the internet allows information to escape and it can't be recalled, so the difference is that now we find out what is and has been going on, and a lot of people don't like it, but sadly it's what makes the world go around. I admit if I could get on the gravy train that exists to fund all these terrible things I would do so in an instant, but I am not the right sort of chap, and I'd get eaten alive. So like many of us I despair at the state of the world, come on here to complain about it, and then go back to the grind of struggling to get by like the bulk of us on here.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, please read.

Now here is what is S000 crazy, JPM today admitted it cooked there books, and did not disclose how much money they lost,, get ready for it, they lost 6 Billion on 1 position... 6 Billion and then tried to cover it up... and here is the HUGE part it is not even on the front page of Fox drudge.. Even on here ATS. Yet Bill O"reilly and Rush and Hanity always talk about how much the middle class wants santa to give them free stuff,, Yet JP Morgan City Bank. Bank of America, Get Billions every year, and every month. Talk about gifts These guys get tell sell there junk assets to the fed every month. And get a huge price for there as well.. So they are being subsides by me and you us tax payers are the ones that have to flip the bill for these characters.. the fed calls this accommodation,,, what this really is us tax payers paying for the Banks trading loses..

the question is why does fraud in the Banks never get any real attention.. Its like the Media and the talking heads make Obama or Bush the problem. and then gets us to fight over stuff that does not even come close to this huge problem..

The things you listed above should be headlines. Tell me how many times has hannity or any-other media give any of this in attention at all.. So the problem that I see that is the news media and the Gov and the banks are all in it together leaving the middle class high and dry,, over and over again,,

One last thing BILLIONS are paid by lobbiest every few years who gets that money, that's right JPM gave over a billion itself basically buying themselves a get out of Jail card,, If me and you did what you stated above you think we would go to jail, yes we would.. But the Banks if they Bankrupt america and they did,, they don't get fired they get bonuses... Please OP try to make since out of this for me...



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
I may get slaughtered for this but...well I don't see the problem. What do you expect banks to do with our money? They make massive profits from these activities, and someone has to to do it. The criminals know they can trust the banks, and the banks skim off their profit. That way they can pay their ordinary customers a little interest on their savings, and the bankers themselves can live the lifestyles enjoyed by the drug dealers, arms dealers, and so on enjoy, and the criminal element know that their financial dealings are secure so there is less bloodshed at this end of the business. It also suits governments to allow this to go on, important leaders are guaranteed jobs with banks when their political careers come to an end as non-executive directors, turn up five times a year, collect a huge cheque, pay some nominal tax on it, and everyone wins. The entire business world is corrupt, always has been been, all the markets are rigged, all the deals are crooked. The big issue is that until the intervention of the internet it was easy to keep it all under wraps, but the internet allows information to escape and it can't be recalled, so the difference is that now we find out what is and has been going on, and a lot of people don't like it, but sadly it's what makes the world go around. I admit if I could get on the gravy train that exists to fund all these terrible things I would do so in an instant, but I am not the right sort of chap, and I'd get eaten alive. So like many of us I despair at the state of the world, come on here to complain about it, and then go back to the grind of struggling to get by like the bulk of us on here.




GREAT POST Bro,,, i feel ya


+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n
 


Slaughtered for your opinion? Not at all. I pity you.

To accept criminal activity which rewards lawbreakers and rips off honest citizens...to admire it and wish that you too could ride the gravy train to Money Town.....to say that this type of crap is "what makes the world go round", and do so with apathy.....Wow. Just, wow.

Your moral compass is broken, just like the criminal banksters you admire. Rush right down and apply to be a low-level lackey for your overlords. They won't eat you alive. Toadies are useful in the short term.

The cycles of boom and bust, the misery and financial disasters they cause, the wars that are financed, the government regulators that are paid off, the representatives of the people who are corrupted by their influence, are just some of the fallout from the cancer that is the big banks. Not to mention stock market manipulation the world over, causing people to lose money because the manipulation makes no sense. How many retirement accounts have they decimated?

I for one do not accept this as "normal". Like any deadly parasite, they will kill their host, and then move on to the next victim. Because we're on life support in the west, most of the bankster at the higher levels are retiring and moving far away from the scenes of the crimes. Like rats leaping off a sinking ship. Doesn't look like a gravy train ride as much as a flight from justice.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Rob37n
 


Slaughtered for your opinion? Not at all. I pity you.

To accept criminal activity which rewards lawbreakers and rips off honest citizens...to admire it and wish that you too could ride the gravy train to Money Town.....to say that this type of crap is "what makes the world go round", and do so with apathy.....Wow. Just, wow.

Your moral compass is broken, just like the criminal banksters you admire. Rush right down and apply to be a low-level lackey for your overlords. They won't eat you alive. Toadies are useful in the short term.

The cycles of boom and bust, the misery and financial disasters they cause, the wars that are financed, the government regulators that are paid off, the representatives of the people who are corrupted by their influence, are just some of the fallout from the cancer that is the big banks. Not to mention stock market manipulation the world over, causing people to lose money because the manipulation makes no sense. How many retirement accounts have they decimated?

I for one do not accept this as "normal". Like any deadly parasite, they will kill their host, and then move on to the next victim. Because we're on life support in the west, most of the bankster at the higher levels are retiring and moving far away from the scenes of the crimes. Like rats leaping off a sinking ship. Doesn't look like a gravy train ride as much as a flight from justice.


I know how he feels, and you described the problem real well now what is the remedy, can you articulate that as well, Come on give us solutions,, because we sure need them,,,



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


I can't speak for the details of US politics, but in the UK and Northern Ireland in recent years we the people have found out that our politicians have being lining their pockets through an expenses scandal to make themselves very comfortable. A handful were sacrificed in the courts and given small prison sentences to avoid any revolutionary feelings gaining hold. Sadly it turns out that they're still at it, but now want to restrict press freedoms to expose their actions. So nothing has changed there regarding criminal activity in high places, you can complain, you can even walk into a Police Station and make a formal complaint, at which point you face being arrested for wasting police time, no further action would be taken.

The UK Banking system has pretty much collapsed, a number of the major UK based banks have been bailed out using public funds, yet the money vanishes into a black hole, and the bankers at the top continue to receive massive bonus payments. So we the people are funding failure, bankers are rewarding themselves for their failures.

In the UK massive corporations are avoiding paying a fair share of tax revenue. So what does the government do to stop it? Nothing, instead they invest millions to track down small businesses to make sure they're paying every last penny, ignoring the billions being kept by corporations, but chasing the pennies and the ordinary person in the street. Why are they doing this? Simple, because they've been got at.

In the media we see Russian Oligarchs indulging their every last whim, buying sports clubs, massive luxury yachts, fabulous sports cars, the best of wine, women, and song known to man, nothing is denied them. Except we seem to skip over just how they came into their wealth. From a totalitarian state of communism to a failed state where the strongest and most violent and corrupt stole everything and fought tooth and nail to keep it. I know you have a hatred of anything vaguely socialist or communism, but are the ordinary people in Russia better off now than they were under communism?

This week the Roman Catholic Church celebrated the election of Pope Francis I, good luck to him, because look at the problems he faces of sexual scandals and financial scandals and heaven knows what else. I hope he manages to sort something out there.

I am sure people could regale us with similar tales from their own countries.

You wonder why I feel so fed up with the system? The deeper you dig the worse it gets. Corruption and crime is endemic to our way of life, the higher up you look the worse the level of corruption and crime. The higher up you look and find issues then the less likely anyone is to do anything about it. I wonder if we're not living in the end times of our civilization, like the collapse of the Roman Empire, the corruption and effete leadership indulging in orgies of excess while everything falls down around their ears.

Plus one of the stars you got for your post came from me!
edit on 15/3/1313 by Rob37n because: Added the bit about the star for the guy with the cool avatar.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
all you need to know about our country is not only have they never been jailed for this, they've never even been on trial



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Banks are allowed to do this by you, the sheeple, using the banks to store your hard earned cash. Try putiing your money into bitcoin and watch the power of the banks fade away.



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hey there, this is an amazing article: excellent to link and share with friends and family.

I also want to point out that the source is here:

Washingtons Blog - Jaw-Dropping Crimes of the Big Banks

Not sure why BlackListedNews made the source obfuscated



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 

You wonder why I feel so fed up with the system? The deeper you dig the worse it gets. Corruption and crime is endemic to our way of life, the higher up you look the worse the level of corruption and crime. The higher up you look and find issues then the less likely anyone is to do anything about it. I wonder if we're not living in the end times of our civilization, like the collapse of the Roman Empire, the corruption and effete leadership indulging in orgies of excess while everything falls down around their ears.
edit on 15/3/1313 by Rob37n because: Added the bit about the star for the guy with the cool avatar.


Your whole post was just so spot on its unreal. The last bit about the impending collapse rings true to me...I think its coming, because people are becoming more and more fed up with living in the way they are while the criminals are just taking whatever they like (read politicians, bankers)



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Most of us know of the atrocities these financial institutions have caused and continue to cause, and we know what Jefferson said about permitting the banks to control our money supply, but we are locked into the system because not enough people are informed enough about the devastation the institutions are causing. The masses are told it is political and that by printing more money and bailing out the institutions the mess will resolve itself.

People are taught from an early age that their worth is based upon credit, and that without it they will never be capable of obtaining anything of value. Credit can be a good thing when used correctly, but the masses are not properly instructed on how to use credit. Spend, spend, spend and pay the minimum when the bill comes in. Live beyond your means is the norm in our society, not pay as you go so you'll never owe.

I see no way to resolve the situation except for letting it complete its' cycle of self destruction. Eventually this house of cards will come crashing down. The people will be left holding the bag and suffer the most, other institutions will rise up to fill the void and the cycle will begin again. UNLESS, the masses are made privy to the truth of fiat currency and endless debt/credit. Then we will have a chance at ensuring the system does not start again.

Can it be brought forth into the public's thoughts on a daily basis? Not unless it is taught in our schools, at our breakfast and dinner tables, at the bars and coffee shops we frequent, but most today would prefer to keep their heads in the sand and remain oblivious to the truth simply because there is not quick and easy solution/resolution and because people are content to accept the status-quot. Besides, we are conditioned to be better than the Jones-es and without endless credit, we are all basically the same.

We must all do what we can to ensure our own stability against these institutions by using bitcoin, buying metals, not using banks, living within our means and refusing to subscribe to the current practices of our financial system. Doing anything other is simply playing into their hands.

On a personal disclosure note, I have never had a credit card, never took a loan for any vehicle and the only loan/debit I owe is for my house which I incurred last November. I did this to ensure my newborn girls would have a stable residence. I despise banks and the federal reserve system as well as our current governments allowance to continue the cycle of destruction. Hopefully when it all comes crashing down, no one will be able to locate the loan papers.... doubtful but possible



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Didn't we forget a couple of World Wars that were brought about by the banks? They are the only winners in war as you know. Forget what your history texts told you - who do think approved them? Wars of the 20th century were all brought to us courtesy of the central banks. Tens of millions of dead are the reason we aren't told the truth. Fact is, nobody is going to volunteer themselves in to a gibbet.



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The solution has existed and worked very well for a long time, only the corruption that intertwines these financial institutions and governments makes it unlikely that we will see it implemented on a large scale.

COOP Banks (a.k.a Credit Unions) and Public Banks (the most famous example being the Bank of North Dakota) have been accepting deposits at a respectable interest rate and lending it out for projects that improve their communities' quality of life for decades... you know what banks are supposed to do.

The OP spells it out exactly right, they are criminal organizations. The private banks have created the ultimate racket, and have bought and sold every influential politician (or snuffed out those who wouldn't play ball) to ensure this racket continues.

The fact that they own the mainstream media ensures that they can spew their "but that is socialism... why don't you move to North Korea you commie" B.S. to protect their racket which boils down to syphoning your money into their accounts.

the Billmeister

p.s.
In case you didn't get it "MOVE YOUR MONEY TO A CREDIT UNION OR PUBLIC BANK!" (if you are lucky enough to have one near you of course)... the only vote that counts is the one you make with your wallet.



posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What can we do about it? For a start, how many of you people still do business with these banks? Lots of us moved our banking to small community banks and credit unions when the aholes trashed the economy in '07-'08. How about you? Sure, we're only a pimple on the big banks enormous asses but it's a start. Large numbers of people supported the oft-derided 'Occupy' movement. Yea, like the war protests of the 60's it kinda lost it's way but like the 'Arab Spring' it was an attempt by the 'little people' to wrest some justice out of 'the system'.

I urge people to watch the series, 'Addicted to Money' on wealth TV. It's an atopsy on the markets and banking system and the economic collapse. Very insightful, well done and gets into the nitty gritty of the whole thing. Personally, I think as a People we need to DEMAND prosecution and hold the government accountable for their collective inaction. It is their fiduciary duty to regulate the banks and the markets. They are paid, by us, to perform those duties. Their failure to perform their fiduciary duties has materially damaged all of us. I'm no lawyer (gag) but it sure would seem that the basis for amassive class-action lawsuit exists if anyone had the balls to do it.





top topics
 
32
<<   2 >>

log in

join