It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling the philosophers of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi there if you're like me and enjoy dabbling in the realms of wisdom and philosophy and consider yourself worth quoting
then this is the space for you to "drop your wisdom"

I'll get the post going with three of my own quotes..

Your life is the sum total of your desires and fears. These two forces dictate the construct of your reality. With belief alone your desires and fears become manifest. Given this it is your choices to believe in fear or desire that determine how the world forms around you. Let fear be the one your belief invests itself in and your world will be one of struggle, suffering and pain. If however you dare to believe in your desires then the world around you can be filled with wonder.

When we empower ourselves to do something to help others our light fills them. When we see someone feeling down and we offer some tenderness we change the energy inside them. When our love is sincere and genuine, it flows with time and is naturally accepted. Helping others is the biggest gift we have been given and one of the most fulfilling experiences to have. It takes will power to help others and a commitment to a transforming and positive cause which in turn can help us to maintain these acts of kindness consistently. By doing so others will naturally gravitate towards us and our influence to effect positive change in the world will be magnified. Remember, it takes one light alone to light many others and from there the world can witness one thousand points of light.

Wisdom is the greatest thing to attain in life. Wisdom has no need for the support science can offer it. It simply is, natural truth. Undeniable in its existence, only those of higher minds can truly experience the simplicity and beauty which exists within wisdom. When life manifests through wisdom, there exists a natural order and flow and through this we become unified. The wish is that our human journey leads us to the evolution of wisdom as one of our leading attributes. If we evolve in this direction wisdom tells us humanity will be on course with destiny.

Feel free to comment and get as expressive as you like.. good hunting!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have been called! Here is what's on my mind at the moment.

Success defines how others perceive you. Failure defines who you are.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yo,

"The world is all Love. Problem is, everyone wants to be loved differently'

-Me

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlavatskyChannel

Aslong as you wipe your own arse you make your decisions. That's how simple life is. When someone tells you what you should like and what you should do ask them if they wanna wipe it to!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My take on Torment....
"I am but a captive, alienated from myself and my true intellectual capability. I am the liar that holds the truth keeping it from myself. Aware, watching from a distance."

My take on Immortality....
"Maybe the only thing we will continue to find are more questions. Death might be a gift, for which our reward is the truth and by living forever we trap ourselves in an eternity of trying to find it."
edit on 15-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Humans Eh!"

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All it takes is to step back, and look at the big picture.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
"The truth cannot be seen as long as one cannot see past thier wall of beliefs."

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

All we are, is dust in the wind dude... dust... wind... Dude...

and of course...

Be excellent to each other...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"If you ask why, you're breaking down walls. If you accept things at face value, you're building walls" Me

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Either be inspired by Love (Desire / Passion) or be controlled by Fear.

I love it, it is straight to the point.

Either you go after what you want in life, or you be controlled by fear of failure.

It is an interesting philosophy but it doesn't seem to grasp the "bigger picture".

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"The illusion of seeing belief as a wall is a wall in itself. Identifying the illusion as it is can you see past the wall"

Peace...

edit on 15-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: minus a 'the'

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I poop, therefore I am.

Dreams are reality and reality is but a dream.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My chance!

Maya = The illusion or appearance of the phenomenal world.

Philosophy is delusion created by Maya.

Ego is a product of Maya.

Knowledge is calcification of Maya.

Thoughts are not yours but you believe they are you.

You are more intelligent than your Mind.

99% of this forum, is deeply under the spell of Maya.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
"In that time, I might have chosen to laugh with my Tears, just as I might have chosen to Weep with my hands."

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We are what we eat, therefore I am a hot dog.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Shaded27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

All around us every single aspect of Nature is telling us that we have only to purposes in life: Increase our number, and eat or be eaten.

Every other purpose is man-made and false.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"4.5% is 5% of 90%. In other words, reality is only interpreted by the human mind. It's never defined by it."

"When they're young, everyone wants to be either Jesus or Elvis or Marilyn Monroe. No one wants to be the guy carrying the luggage. That changes as age sets in a little."

"If someone sh*ts in your hat, don't put it on. All they did was sh*t in your hat. They didn't reveal you as being the kind of person who wears a hat that someone sh*t in. Only you can do that by putting the damn thing on."
edit on 3/16/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We can only love and receive love as much as we can feel love.

(Nothing that hasn't been said before in various ways, but bears repeating.)

top topics

join