It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism vs. God-Belief (the final debate).

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Stop judging and either put forth something with substance as part of a well reasoned argument or don't even bother saying anything at all.

I would invite you to do the same. But before you take me up on that offer, I would like to put forth my own beliefs. I don't like the term atheism, but it seems to be much closer to the truth than any religion I have encountered.

The known universe is comprised of a chemical hierarchy of interactive elements that, when arranged in a very particular pattern, is capable of producing autonomous organisms with the capacity to question the very elements composing them. The universe has the potential for translation, becoming a mad web of numbers that can be converted into a complete replica of something that boggles our creative imagination. This implies that the entire universe is governed by a subtle system of mathematical manifestation - call it three dimensional language, if you will. Every single object in the universe is determined by the numbers involved in its dimensions and functions. Write a successful conversation in such a language, and you have created the blue prints for a possible manifestation, an expression of the chemical language that composes our entire universe.

Such a thing does not just happen. It is designed. I am not saying a god did it. I am saying that somewhere in the deepest roots of existence, there is a single law, a single line of code, determining the exact parameters of such a language - right down to the time tables and match-making skills. if I were to call anything godly, it would be this single line of code. A code embedded in the very fabric of existence itself, determining the precise parameters and behavior of the chemical language that wrote our entire universe.

Imagine taking a language, and compiling every book of instructions into one giant guidebook. If that language were the universe, the guidebook would be my idea of a creator. Something that is truly responsible for the entire universe. A single line of code. The index to the universal language.

That's why I keep saying we can be our own gods. Because if we learn that language, we can write words, sentences, paragraphs, dig deeper and deeper into the tangle of syntax and grammar and the etymology behind the chemical constructs. We have the power to learn the language, and if we do, we will be on our way to being gods. Especially if we learn to rewrite ourselves.

The above is a brief summary of my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In my opinion the idea of God could mean anything to the believer. As an atheist I'm truly happy that I have no need for religious belief. I see religion as irrational. But at times could help people. The best religious people are the ones to help influence others to do well and what not. People are crazy and it is hard to lead them. Religion is a necessary evil to help people. That sounds ironic, but humanity can lead itself into destruction if we do not allow them to be lead to salvation. Being an atheist I highly doubt there is a God or some godlike beings in the universe. However, this quote by Marcus Aurelius sums up my views on an afterlife. Since religion revolves around life, death, and what is after life and death.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

If an athiest is completely
honest with themselves to
the core of their being they
will rightly conclude that the
only thing on earth of any real
importance or significance is

"Faith in God"

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

I'm happy where I am in my life. There is no need for faith or superstition. Just ambition and happy days!

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join