It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Blasphemy Is Coming To A Theater Near You!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

I think that for someone who claims vehemently NOT to be a Christian that you are masquerading as someone who isn't one in an attempt to partake in an activity that starts with "T" and ends with "rolling". Don't know if you're trying to sway non-believers opinions or just trying to argue for arguments sake. Not my business and I really don't care.

Do I think Christianity is being persecuted? Yes, but I think that pretty much ALL organized religion is being persecuted. Do I think TPTB are behind every comedy that pokes fun at any religion? Absolutely not. Do I care what you think about what I believe concerning the subject? Also a big NO.

Have you even once stopped to consider that maybe, even though this movie is obviously a satire, that after watching it some people just might become curious enough to actually read the Bible to see what it really says concerning "end time" prophecy? That if even just a few people do that then in actuality in some fashion the makers of the movie have unknowingly done the work of the Lord? I think you are just mad that not as many folks as you would like have jumped on your bandwagon, but that is just my opinion. Regardless, I won't continue "feeding" your ego.

edit on 16-3-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm still waiting for Passion of the Christ 2. There ain't nothing like blaspheming with style!

Check out all the f***s Jesus doesn't give! That's my kind of messiah. If you're going to save the world, don't be a wuss about it.

edit on 16-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Just watched the trailer and realized that it's a MOVIE! At first I thought it was a documentary about the End Times but then I realized that, no, it's just a MOVIE! Why do some people get so very upset over MOVIES? I mean, it is just a MOVIE...right?

If you don't like it, you are not being forced to watch it...right? I mean, it could be made mandatory in the FEMA death camps, but I doubt it. Even FEMA can't be that evil!

I probably won't see it in the theaters but would watch it when it comes out on Netflix.

Did I mention it is a MOVIE?

If this is how the "Illuminati" is going to bring down religion...Well...I don't think we have much to fear from them. In any event, I'll continue to watch the Simpsons for signs of their diabolical plans.

Seriously though, it's a MOVIE!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

it's a MOVIE!

Aw, the OP's faith is threatened in some way by people who don't share it having a laugh.
We're all supposed to bow and scrape in some kind of respect for unprovable beliefs, apparently.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

it's a MOVIE!

Aw, the OP's faith is threatened in some way by people who don't share it having a laugh.
We're all supposed to bow and scrape in some kind of respect for unprovable beliefs, apparently.

How can the OP's faith be threatened if the OP stated that he/she is NOT a Christian? Perhaps the OP is part of the Illuminati and is upset that they would make such a low brow film?

For anyone who thinks that Christians are being persecuted...Please give an example. I have seen very few Christians fed to the lions or churches shuttered by TPTB! MOVIES don't persecute, they just entertain...sometimes.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

it's a MOVIE!

How can the OP's faith be threatened if the OP stated that he/she is NOT a Christian? Perhaps the OP is part of the Illuminati and is upset that they would make such a low brow film?

For anyone who thinks that Christians are being persecuted...Please give an example. I have seen very few Christians fed to the lions or churches shuttered by TPTB! MOVIES don't persecute, they just entertain...sometimes.

True, I guess the cries of blasphemy inspired my thoughts that the OP was a secret Christian.

As far as persecution goes though, Christians are fine in the UK, their Church of England bishops have seats in our upper house of parliament and can influence British legislation through their votes, even though the church does not cover Wales, Scotland or N.Ireland. We also have part state funded faith schools and many local councils which hold prayers before meetings.
Try being a person without faith here, it's more difficult than being a Christian!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

TPTB have used ridicule and farce for a long time to manipulate masses toward their deluded constructions on reality.

Those who earnestly seek God Almighty from their hearts will find Him.

He IS able, worthy, dedicated to protecting His own . . . even those who are slated for the honor of martyrdom.

ETERNAL LIFE will be a LOT different than eternal death.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
deluded constructions on reality

...wouldn't that also correctly describe the claims of various gods or creators by religious types?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If I didn't know better I'd think how could anybody be "offended" by this "movie"..yet there are multi millions that believe the "Apocalypse"(which means unveiling not a cataclysm) is a literal event.It is very real in their minds just like the eternal damnation of hell is.I have empathy for them living in fear and fantasy because when they find out the Truth of the things they believe are foolishness they will feel the full thrust of humility.God has caused them to be blinded and be mired in religious dogma that is little more than fantasy believing in a small and petty God that has no sense of justice and mercy .Movies like this aren't accidents....they are signposts to those that are offended caused by The sovereign God they think they worship to point to the foibles of their folly. Maybe next time he can get the producers a bigger budget.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am ashamed for my country.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
At the very least the writers seem to have a very tenuous grasp of what the book of Revelation says and of what pre-trib believers interpret it as saying.

First of all I am most definitely a Christian However I kind of thought it looked kind of funny at first I think however they went too far by having a Jesus and a God (portrayed as a human for some reason) character, I'm sure it's just for shock value. The antichrist character bothers me for a different reason. While I don't really care if they mock his person it may serve to desensitize those who will bear witness to his actual rise to power. In the end it will most likely be a crappy comedy trying to capitalize on shock value.

I wouldn't categorize this as the ultimate blasphemy however, as this comes to mind:

The Blasphemy Challenge

I will refrain from embedding the video as I do not care to further promote it. However it has been viewed over a million times and in what can only be described as tragic occurrence apx. 1080 people have responded publicly denying the existence of the Holy Spirit.

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Matthew 12:31

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It seems that most are failing to see the point of the OP and my responses throughout this thread, and like to play little factoid games.. So I will reiterate the main points.

1. It is clear this movie is cheap entertainment and just a movie, and yes some parts may be funny BUT it is also clear that it is meant to condition people so that when the events unfold which are foretold by revelations of the bible people will think light of it and think no big deal, as they all fall for the great delusion.

2. I was trying to tie what I saw in the trailer to real world events/ issues that i noticed correlated with other threads and , because we all know clues and messages are left in the open in MSM by TPTB of future events.. For anyone who says that is not true, well if you did some serious research, you would see that 9'11, aurora movie theater masacre, sandy hook etc etc, were all hinted at in MSM long prior to before they happened.

3. For all those saying its not blasphemy maybe you should look up the definition blasphemy. I'm pretty sure to true christians this movie is pure blasphemy.. Also there are some who keep saying how my beliefs are challenged so i must feel yadayada ydada umm I clearly stated I wasn't a christian, also i am not apart of TPTB and to those who think just because I am not I can't call it blasphemy, well I clearly can, so the headline definitely wasn't sensationalized, and in my Op i was asking for what Christians, and others thought about this.

4. There are lots out there who like to get off and think that the Bible is pure fantasy and no one should be offended since its not real..All i say to that is ridiculous..It is clear that all things in the bible aren't the best and I clearly don't agree with it, and anyone would know that if you read my signature, but back on point there are plenty of things in the bible that have nothing to do with opinions and that is the facts which it has of history, and prophecy fulfillment..So unless you seriously haven't done research or just chose to be blind when you look at the bible from a historic and prophetic standpoint there is no denying its relevance and truth.

5. This isn't the thread to debate or prove the realities of the bible or existence of GOD, this thread was just intended to point out what I stated in the Op and the points above to show and see if the members of ATS could figure out or find if this film had other points or connections to the conspiracy mentioned..

It is clear on ats or anywhere else that if anyone defends the true Christian faith they are attacked, and when true christianity is attacked its no big deal, whether its here or other places..anyways hopefully this information helped point out whats really going on out there, and was a warning to the ones who don't know whats coming..

oh and to that one person LOLz suuuuuuuuuuure if it didn't bother you or wasn't true you wouldn't have felt the need to reply with your empty words as you clearly were on the defense after reading the truth about you
and no i am not trolling but tell yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
It looks mediocre.

The idea of Blasphemy is ridiculous though. We should be past such nonsense. Worthwhile ideas generally survive without laws making criticism of them illegal. Only the stupid or plainly ridiculous would need such protection.

In any event the rapture as depicted and spoofed in this movie was first envisaged in the 1800s in the USA and is the preserve mostly of wild eyed american christians. The kind who get their rocks off envisaging hell and pain for 'unbelievers'.

The indignation of your post is more amusing than the movie looks to be. I thank you.
edit on 16-3-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

My thoughts exactly. The Bible doesn't say anything about a 'rapture'. As far as I know it was 'invented' by the Quakers or something. Too lazy to look it up as it's near midnight here and I have to go to bed.

BTW, an earlier posted mentioned 'The Life of Brian'. Got it on DVD and it's hilarious! Any other Christian (I'm one) that has a problem with it mustn't be very sure of their faith, becasue it's not about Jesus.
edit on 17-3-2013 by jayman0111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

I wouldn't categorize this as the ultimate blasphemy however, as this comes to mind:

The Blasphemy Challenge

I will refrain from embedding the video as I do not care to further promote it. However it has been viewed over a million times and in what can only be described as tragic occurrence apx. 1080 people have responded publicly denying the existence of the Holy Spirit.

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Matthew 12:31

Yes, but those denying the Holy Spirit aren't Christians. It's only a blasphemy if a believer does it. In the same way I have problems when non-muslims who speak out against Islam are accused of blasphemy. If you don't believe in it, then how can you blaspheme it?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you don't like that movie trailer you'll hate this clip !

If a belief system can't stand up to being ridiculed then i feel sorry for it's followers. Authoritarian style beliefs can't stand to be lampooned and you have to ask yourself why that is.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

My personal code of ethics has prevented violations of at least half of the ten commandments...but that's not to say I haven't done stuff that would make any truly devout zealot of the Judaic persuasion tremble with rage and indignation.

With that said...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by littled16

Well no offense but if you claim to be a christian and see no faults with this movie than you clearly aren't a true follower of christ and are just a part of the rest of mainstream christians out there who are just luke warm.

reply to post by seeker1963

I clearly mentioned how I am for freedom of speech, and I clearly mentioned how I am not a christian, sooooo your reply to me doesn't make sense.

This comment (the first one) is even more ridiculous than your original comment. If you're not a christian, how do you have any place telling someone else that they are not a "true" christian if they don't agree with your (non religious) opinion on a matter pertaining to their religion? How do you not see how ridiculous that is?

Furthermore, I don't think it's even within the rights of a Christian, generally speaking, to say what is and is not "blasphemy." Much like dictating what is "sinful" or not, that is the purview of GOD, not man. It is in fact your attempt at usurpation of god's role as judge of your fellow man which is the true blasphemy. Just like Westboro Baptist (and others like them), albeit less extreme.

Chew on that for a while....

Regarding the film-- it looks cute and funny, if irreverent. Can't wait to check it out....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by littled16

I think its hilarious that "christians" think you can't be judged..I hear tons of people throwing that around here..I guess your forgeting how He said you can judge a tree by its fruits...and if you were a true Christian the sheer existence of this movie should make you sick, so you are clearly a noob if you think its ok.

and to ALL who think you cant judge..

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31:9 (KJV Cambridge ED)

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
Matthew 7:16

So judging is clearly fine as long as its done fair. and you can clearly recognize who is a christian who isn't.

First of all, this is in regard to judging someone on a personal basis. As to whether or not you want to / should be involved with a person or group of people, based on their actions. Not whether or not you have the right to religiously, spiritually condemn someone for what you see to be a blasphemy. And by their fruits, means by their actions--- what their actions bear.... "bad fruit" being things like murder, theft, rape, deception and cheating.... "bad fruit" is not offending your delicate sensibilities with a joke you find to be in poor taste.

Of course you have the right to judge within your own life. If you judge that this material is offensive, don't see it. You have made a judgment for your self, and your own life-- which is fine, and well within your right. But the moment you cross the line of saying "this person should not," and even worse-- "this person is evil for this and should be judged..." you have crossed the line of usurping god's role as spiritual judge.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Have you even once stopped to consider that maybe, even though this movie is obviously a satire, that after watching it some people just might become curious enough to actually read the Bible to see what it really says concerning "end time" prophecy? That if even just a few people do that then in actuality in some fashion the makers of the movie have unknowingly done the work of the Lord?

This is a very excellent, well thought-out point. I was going to bring this up-- so thanks for doing it for me, and it deserves the repeat-quote. Inquisitive minds like my own will ALWAYS react this way toward provocative fiction based on something real which they / we / I don't already understand. If I wasn't already very familiar with revelation, a movie like this would probably lead me to reading about it-- for sure.

Originally posted by jayman0111
My thoughts exactly. The Bible doesn't say anything about a 'rapture'. As far as I know it was 'invented' by the Quakers or something. Too lazy to look it up as it's near midnight here and I have to go to bed.

Your statement is partly true, an partly untrue. What most mainstream (generally speaking baptist / protestant / born again etc...) Christians understand as "the rapture" and the rest of the events in the book of revelation as they are commonly explained are not explicitly described in the book of revelation. They are loosely described (some parts better than others), and almost the entire book is written in very thickly symbolic language.

This symbolic language has been interpreted and re-interpreted repeatedly. There are some parts on which many scholars generally seem to agree... and there are some parts that most scholars will only dare guess and speculate about. Although some seem oddly sure of their interpretations of what really is very vague, symbolic, and poetic 75-95% of the time.

However, most of it is very open to interpretation-- as most of it is not in clear and direct language. Some (very little) of it is. For example, the stuff about the "mark of the beast" is relatively clear-- though not on what the mark actually is. Only that everyone will be forced to get one or won't be able to buy food, etc...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join