It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written in the Stars - Ursa Major and the Names of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
British author Dan Green draws attention not only to his own continuing work concerning the mystery of Lincoln cathedral but also to the work of mathematician and astronomer Greg Rigby whose own discovery offers evidence that the holy names of God are actually written in the stars, and key to it all is the constellation of Ursa Major.

blog.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whole pile of nope there.

He's playing connect the dots with an infinite set of dots. You can draw anything, and I mean anything, using the night sky. I can even form words and sentences if you like. Fail.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Whole pile of nope there.

He's playing connect the dots with an infinite set of dots. You can draw anything, and I mean anything, using the night sky. I can even form words and sentences if you like. Fail.

Agreed. There's more wishful thinking to this than a Disney cartoon.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Oooooh!

What fun... I should go find a star map, connect the dots to make a giant hamster, and then claim that our ancestors all worshipped the Giant Space Hamster, 'Boo'.

Although, to be fair... even that would sound more credible than THIS.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
..Unless of course, as the article points out, it is impossible to reproduce the names in one single area of sky centred on one particular constellation.

It is perhaps a shame that an otherwise daring piece of work is ruled out entirely on the immediate decision to say that it is nothing other than fanciful joining of dots...yes, agreed, that would be the first port of call, and of course it is fair, rational criticism, but there again, do we really thing that an intelligent mathematician like Mr Rigby would have gone ahead with his findings if he realised all he was doing was joining dots to suit himself?

Knowing the reaction and obvious criticism that was heading his way, I think he would have to be certain that it wasn't just fanciful random joining of dots to suit ones purpose.

Lets not forget he has demonstrated some very interesting findings concerning the lay out of Gothic Cathedrals in Europe, and this wasn't just a simple case of drawing straight lines in any old direction!

Just trying to put some balance back into the debate, folks!

top topics

join