It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unhappy meal: McDonald's suit claims toddler ate used condom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

I am asking why the mother was not watching her child. Where was the mother while her son was chewing up a used condom?

I would think a condom would take some time to chew up and swallow being that they are latex and all.

Raist

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Having read the article and often following the different lawsuits against McDonalds, the following can be stated:

Of all of the fast food places out there, or other places where children tend to go, McDonalds is often the target, as people believe it can sue and get away with such. Most McDonalds have video surveillence cameras there and as part of protecting its assets keeps those for a set amount of time.

There are too many questions that are not answered here and only 2 possible choices. The first and it is sad to think, but this really did happen, that the child really did get ahold of a used condom and ultimately the events that the woman is claiming did indeed happen. If so, then the franchise owner is liable, as it is his business and store. The corporate may step in with help for the larger amounts, but still the franchise owner is still the one who will have to pay.

But on the flip side, as there are a lot of questions, should be, what if this is false, what then? The person who brought this law suit up, should not be allowed to get away with such and should be punished. While it is both funny and distrubing at the same time, some of the posters did ask valid questions, the most important one being: Where was the woman and why was she not paying atention to what all her children were doing and putting into their mouths?

The really sad part of this entire law suit is that the ones who will ultimately be punished, is not the owner of the franchise, or the the corporation or even the mother, but all of the other children, as now McDonalds will look at the policies of its play areas, and possibly decide that to prevent this from happening again, to now ask that such areas be reconfigured and that the ball areas be removed, and it will pay for it, as part of the punitative damages.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i think i have to call B.S. on this "alleged" incident as well for MANY reasons.

first and foremost, how did she know it was a condom? and not say something else that is made of similar material say like a BALLOON for example (which would be no surprise to be in a kid's area), or a piece of a latex glove for another example (yet again could easily have torn and dropped while cleaning the area like anyone should wear considering what you could be cleaning up, kids leave nasty surprises behind in places like that), if she only got a small piece from being chewed up into pieces as appears to be the case. if she had of SEEN the kid pick it up and eat it would be slightly different, only her fault for not stopping the child.

next how did she KNOW it was a used condom? after being in a child's mouth chewed and apparently swallowed and then "coughed up later" what evidence of "used" would be left for just looking at it? i'm not so certain even a lab test would be able to tell if it was used under those conditions.

how does she know for certain where the child got it, if she did not see anything?, i see used condoms all the time on the streets, back alleys and parking lots. i am sure that this McDonalds has at least 2 of those in close proximity as well as it could be from anywhere else the child had been. 2 year olds don't communicate well so the kid would have had issues telling her. even the 4 year old would not communicate well, and could have even given whatever it was to their sibling (and if they handled it as stated there is a REALLY good chance that is what happened) and it's doubtful they would own up to that easily, especially if the mother was freaking out.

then we get to the "damages". why would a 3 year old even CARE what it was they ate? heck i ate moth balls around that age i thought they were peppermints lol. i apparently went to the hospital etc, all i remember is that i thought they were peppermints,no "trauma" suffered because of that. the only way this kid will suffer trauma would be due to the parent telling the story over and over. the kid would not know what a condom is, why it might be icky or anything like that so other than a freaking out parent where does the "psychological damage" come from? hell without the kid being told i doubt that within an hour of it the kid would even really remember or care about it. i think any "trauma or psychological damage" from this can be laid at the parents feet. most kids eat rather questionable things when they are young, if it can go in their mouth then in it will likely go.

what physical harm did it cause? did the kid get an STD or something? that and the "pain and discomfort" part are rather interesting as well" other than something like an std would seem to have any lasting effect as far as i can see. and then even if this is the case where is the proof that this 'condom" caused it and the kids didn't get it some other way. and yes i did say KIDS since she seems to be claiming all of these problems for BOTH children involved.

Jacquel, who is now 3, "has suffered severe and permanent injuries, both physical and psychological, as well as pain and discomfort," the suit said. "He will become liable for sums of money for continued medical care throughout his life." The complaint made the same statement about Jacquel's 4-year-old brother Jonathan, who also handled the condom.
www.nbcnews.com...

there is a LOT that STINKS in this story and it doesn't smell like McChokeandpukes is what stinks. if it is some sort of STD or similar involved i think this MOTHER may need child protective services to check HER out for issues in that regard. this whole condom thing is just a bit too "perfect" a set up for laying the blame elsewhere.

<< 1   >>

join