It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
It's a story that leaves a bad taste in your mouth: A Chicago mother filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against McDonald's, alleging that her toddler found and ate a used condom in a play area last year.
According to the complaint, 2-year-old Jacquel "picked up a used condom that was on the floor.” Then, “shortly thereafter… coughed up a piece of the used condom."
Now the boy's mother, Anishi Spencer, wants the burger chain to cough up $50,000 plus in legal fees.
Jacquel, who is now 3, "has suffered severe and permanent injuries, both physical and psychological, as well as pain and discomfort," the suit said. "He will become liable for sums of money for continued medical care throughout his life." The complaint made the same statement about Jacquel's 4-year-old brother Jonathan, who also handled the condom.
Haltek said the incident was still under investigation when the lawsuit was filed and that Spencer hadn't turned over the "alleged object" for McDonald's to examine.
Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Catalyst317
I call bull on this story..another person trying to make a buck..
Originally posted by occrest
I do not doubt this could happened. Not one bit.
I once worked at a McDonalds in Muskogee OK years ago as an evening/closing maintainence man. My first day I had to clean the Playhouse, ie crawl through the tubes, wiping everything down, cleaning windows etc.. When i got into the ball pit, I noticed that a lot of the balls were grimy, so i started to remove them to so they could be washed. I still get shivers thinking of what was in the bottom of that bin...syringes with needles, condoms, rotting food, feces, urine, underwear...it was so gross. I reported this to the shift leader, whereupon i was told to just clean it out, that this was actually quite common. I have never been so disgusted with anyplace as i am with McDonalds.
edit on 15-3-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by Raist
So what was the mother doing while her child was eating the condom?
I would think it would take quite a while for an adult let alone a child to chew up a condom and swallow it.
Originally posted by 3Megan3
McDonalds is BS, and if this mother would bring her toddler kids there, there's something wrong with her. McDonald's food is full of crap, and the french fries don't even START to decompose for THREE YEARS!!! Studies show that kids under the ages of 4 who eat at McDonalds (10 times a year) have lower IQs. I wouldn't say the kid deserves it, but the mother had it coming to her.
Originally posted by mikell
3 Year old on SSI imagine how much money that will be for the parents.