It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom to 911: Send police to scare the s#!% out of my kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
(Thread title is literal Article title...with symbols)

Ahh yes... Parenting. it's a magic time of learning so many new and wonderful things. For instance, we learn what OUR parents meant when they said having our own kids would be their best revenge. You know how hard I wondered at times what they could have meant by that? Oh how I wish I still didn't know some days. I'm sure any parent here can relate to that feeling.

So what happens when it's all too much and you just need a break? Well.... Some might call family or friends. Some might also point out that with kids 1 and 3yrs old, this woman ain't seen nothin' yet!

She did something else though... She called police! Ah yes. We don't parent anymore. We delegate and have others parent for us. Or..at least, some try.

"I need a police officer to come out and scare the (expletive) out of my kids," Townsend said on the 911 call. "They're not listening to me and they need to learn respect. They need to learn that lesson."

The dispatcher told the upset mother that police would not do what she asked.

That was the plea the 9/11 dispatcher received. "They need to learn that lesson", she states. Well, they need to learn a lesson alright, but it's not the one SHE has in mind.

Police responded to Townsend's Indian Harbour Beach home and found the mother drunk, officials said

Source

It appears Momma was drunk and babbling this all to cops in the hope they'd come and help her with her kids. Well, they came alright. She apparently didn't care for what they had to say because she kicked one of them in the groin, multiple times ..according to reports.

Her kids got a lesson, if they remember any of this. When drunk as a skunk, don't stink up the phone lines to 911. They tend to come when called and take skunks away to be booked. This one sure stinks.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Totally been there and I don't have kids. I feel her pain. To be honest. I even called 911 while I was drunk for them to come save me from the horrors.

Sure the recording isn't me?

*Oh yeah, and it only scares them $%^less while their at the house, not after they leave.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Kids can be a handful sometimes. I guess this is the one area where growing up a cop's kid really sucked. My daddy didn't just call the cops, he was the cops. So I didn't get a threat...I got a tour of the station. Just one area of it those couple times he wanted to make a point. The holding cell area...and got to sit in one for a few hours one quiet night where other cops let him do it. (No one else in there with little old me).

I guess it left an impression to still recall it off the top of my head a lifetime later.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The cops used to threaten to call my mum when I got out of line.
That was enough to put the fear of God into me. It still is and I'm 46.

edit on 15/3/13 by cody599 because: Add snf

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, I remember those days when my mom forced the cops to throw me in jail because I took her pennies.
It put the fear of jail in me and I haven't been back since.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I much rather have them chasing after idiots like this and responding to morons who call 911 because their pizza was late than be riding around looking for people to harass and dogs to shoot.

A "pro-active" police force is a tyrannical monstrosity.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You have a point there about that old saying on 'idle hands'. I suppose it goes double with a punch for Police. The more I think of it that way ... Well, indeed. I guess I would rather have them rousting some drunk mother to sober up in jail then out doing a stop & frisk that ends up with someone beat or shot for nothing but catching a cops eye wrong.

It's bad how in some places, for some cops these days, that's all it takes too. Just get their attention at the wrong moment.

Thanks for a new way to see it!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Manhater

Kids can be a handful sometimes. I guess this is the one area where growing up a cop's kid really sucked. My daddy didn't just call the cops, he was the cops. So I didn't get a threat...I got a tour of the station. Just one area of it those couple times he wanted to make a point. The holding cell area...and got to sit in one for a few hours one quiet night where other cops let him do it. (No one else in there with little old me).

I guess it left an impression to still recall it off the top of my head a lifetime later.

I was raised by strict parents.. so the cops never scared me.. Dad was scary enough.
I got in my share of scuffles and mischief though. Being "grounded" meant hard labor. My dad would offer me a choice, corporal punishment or being "grounded". I took a whoopin every time. LOL!
I spent a summer with my uncle who was a cop. He made a huge impression on me when I was younger by taking me to the morgue and showing me 2 dead folks he said had died from drugs. Scared the hell out of me. Thw whole experience and assault on the senses has stayed with me all this time. Im probably one of the few almost 50 yr olds who never even "partook".. ever. LOL!

As for this "mother"... this is why we need "nanny programs". Parents like that make it necessary. That idiotic use of 911 is probably why I waited 45 minutes waiting for a cop to show up when I was holding 2 idiots who tried to break in my house.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well I hate to be judgemental, but she's 27 years old with 2 children under the age of four. I'm not saying all young mothers are neglectful, abusive drunks. You tend to see this kind of mentality more often with younger families. They're in over their heads and aren't prepared to put their children's needs above all else. So sad for those little innocent babies. They were probably freaked out by their mom's obnoxious behavior.

Unfortunately, she's invited the nanny state to take over from here on out. The article states the children are staying with relatives for now. Why didn't she reach out to them for support in the first place? Most likely she learned her pattern of "scare tactics" and drunken rage from whoever raised her.

Who says to a 1 and 3 year old, "I'm going to call the cops on you to teach you a lesson"??? Just imagine how she'd react to typical teenage behavior. What then? I guess it would depend on how much she had to drink that day? Parent of the year award goes to ......

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

I had 2 kids at the age of 27

Even through a very bad marriage we managed to keep the kids in mind and stable.

They've grown up very well (more thanks to my ex wife than to me, she's an incredible mother, even if we weren't compatible) My son is marked out to be a pilot and my daughter has already been offered a place at university even though she's got 2 more years of schooling.

Age is not the issue

Self respect ? Maybe

Probably surroundings and upbringing, what sort of idiot gets drunk with kids that age ?
One that is screaming out for help, but probably wouldn't take it. It's a shallow gene pool in some places.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
Well I hate to be judgemental, but she's 27 years old with 2 children under the age of four. I'm not saying all young mothers are neglectful, abusive drunks.

She had her first child at 24. 6 years past being an adult, 3 years past being legal to drink. Your definition of "young mother" is perplexing. I had my first at 29 and felt a little too old for it, to be honest. I didn't have nearly the energy I did when I was 24, but more patience. I'd have way more patience if I waited until I was 60.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe she actually called the cops on her babies.
Kids can be a handful, I have frazzled days with my two quite often. It's MY job as their parent to teach them the lessons they need to learn, and those hard days teach us all a lot more than the fun easy ones do. Parents need to stand up and be parents. This idea of it being somebody else's responsibility blows my mind and has since I became a parent 7 years ago. ( Not that I don't wish that they could have a gramma's house to go to some days.)
The mentality goes hand in hand with the nanny state that has become so prevalent in society. People expect it, unfortunately.

I think it's pretty funny that she is the one who got taken though, I enjoy a cold beer myself, but anyone who drinks like that when solely responsible for babies needs to be scared straight a bit. And sorry, 1 and 3 really are just babies.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Damm the police are the last people I call if Im drunk with my 2 toddlers..

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I remember being about 6 or 5 years old and I prank called 000 (Australia's 911) and got so scared that theolice would turn up. I told my Mum that I did it, in tears mind yo and she was surprisingly fine with it. Told menot to do it again.

An hour later she tells me we are going shopping for groceries and I jump in the car. We started driving and I recall saying 'where are we going, the shops are that way!' to which she replied 'Not the normal shops. Won't be long!'.

Ten minuets passed and we arrived at the police station. She made me admit what I did and it scared the crap out of me! Never ever did I call 000 again 'to see what happened'.

In reality this mother (ops article, not my mum) was probably coming from a place that she felt was correct. If she wasn't smashed she should have driven them to the cop shop and scared them that way.

I am in no way condoning her drinking but she could have handled the situation a little better.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have three kids. I was 26 when my boy was born almost 5 years ago. I have never had so hard a time with them as to threaten to call the cops, and I never felt the need to actually dial 911. Kids can be a handful and sometimes you need a break... But geez! How idiotic does it get?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join