It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartless Cop Tickets Homeless Navy Vet For Retrieving A Doughnut From A Garbage Can!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ah, such beautiful stories which have warmed my heart as well.
I took a couple of blankets and a bacon sandwich from my home in an effort to warm a cold homeless guy up, 4 months ago in December.
He had been banned from the local homeless hostel because he was drunk and aggressive (his words). I stopped and shared a couple of cigarettes with him on my way home from a nightclub, I felt sorry for him as he was really cold, I got home, then went back out and helped as I could.
From my previous welfare/social care career I was also able to advise him very well and give a couple of contacts of people who I knew would cut him a little bit of slack after I contacted them by phone the next day.

I've been attacked in this thread for a perceived lack of sympathy or whatever, but I just don't advertise my work in my community on ATS though.
There are many more examples I could provide here, from physically defending violence against homeless people, in a conflict situation, to stroking a shoulder and showing a bit of love while sat on the pavement/sidewalk with someone in a distressed situation. My testimony means nothing though as it is just typed words.
You may carry on with whatever opinion you have about me from this thread, but I'll state again, I do not care what military service anyone has carried out for the UK state, all people are equal, and I care only about my community and any individuals who cross my path.
If someone is trashing my area then I will challenge such behaviour. If someone is begging in my street I will help them where I can.
But if I am the only person helping in my area, I would not want a line of homeless folk outside my door knowing I'm a soft touch for an egg sandwich. *Edit* I told the guy in December that I didn't want him to know where I lived but I genuinely cared and I would come back */Edit* It's easy to be self-righteous as so many of you seem to be in this thread, but unless you've experienced the reality of being homeless, or the real risks of helping out in shady places during the dead of night then your opinions remain just that, opinions, with no reference to reality...no matter how wonderful you think you are as people.
edit on 19-3-2013 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6   >>

join