Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Judge: Feds Can’t Make Domino’s Founder Offer Birth Control

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In the beginning, health insurance was offered to employees as a bonus, an incentive to keep employees, to make their lives better. Now it is considered a "right" to have your employer provide health insurance. Kind of makes a person think long and hard about providing "extras" to their employees, doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
I think it is more immoral to deny birth control for people who might not be ready to have children.

Also, birth control pills do more than just prevent pregnancy; they can regulate cycles, reduce ovarian cysts, reduce the symptoms of PMDD (severe PMS), and even clear up acne. There are so many other medical uses that I don't think it's right to deny the employees access.

Of course, they could always go elsewhere to get it.
edit on 15-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

i don't agree with this. unless you've sent them birth control then you've "denied" them birth control the same as he has. I'm pretty there is more than one source of condoms.
one problem is the word "deny". just because i personally deny someone something doesn't mean they will be denied in having it.
also no one is denying abstinence from them either, which i s probablyy the most effective form of birth control. I'm not saying they should be abstinent, i don't care, i just find it weird that people wiould think there was no way to prevent pregnancy without condoms like "oh it leaves us with no options" lo l how bout self control.

Not that i'm a saint or anything but at least i acknowledge my shortcomings(lack of self control) as such.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

Civilization is a collaboration between all people, workers and employers alike. I know I think long and hard about everyone I do business with on a regular basis.

If you employ someone full time, and they can't afford to see a doctor, and you provide no health insurance, you probably don't need to be in business anyway. I know I lost absolutely nothing when I stopped eating or ordering Dominos or Papa Johns for my friends, family and customers. Mediocre pizza is dime-a-dozen, and I can get it from people I "like" as easily (and at a similar price) than I can get it from those two chains.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

If you employ someone full time, and they can't afford to see a doctor, and you provide no health insurance, you probably don't need to be in business anyway. I know I lost absolutely nothing when I stopped eating or ordering Dominos or Papa Johns for my friends, family and customers.

Most business that start out can't afford to pay insurance. As for many chains,like you mentioned are part-time gigs for the majority or for extra secondary income.A business has the right to hire who they want and establish whatever perks or incentives they wish.Payed vacation is another perk, not a right.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I was specifically talking about FULL TIME employees.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join