It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this Sandy Hook "prediction"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

webcache.googleusercontent.com... merica+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The forum itself seems to be real:

www.unforumzed.com...

So the question becomes, is this an authentic post from over 2 years ago?

Could someone have created a back dated hoax?

I love a good conspiracy theory (fact) as much as the next guy, but doesnt this seem a bit too coincidental?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's explained somewhere in that thread itself. That forum allows for easy date manipulation. The OP supposedly did it as a cautionary tale about people trusting date based Internet memes.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Wow, absolutely bizarre, if this is genuine. I am without words to describe words for this.

LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A HOAX. I WAS TAKEN BY IT. GOOD JOB HOAXER WHO CREATED THIS
edit on 15-3-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I dont think I'm seeing it.

Can you quote or point me to the telling post?

Just seems like a normal exchange.

edit on 15-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm headed out ATM and the admin at that forum has apparently locked the thread and also locked new membership applications - which was not the case 3-4 days ago when I first visited.

When I get home, this afternoon or evening, assuming it's not too terribly late - I'll see if I can't track down a reference. I am pretty sure that there is one already extant on ATS, quoting and linking to the source... but that may well be in the trash by this point.

If I do get home too late, then tomorrow morning.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It is explained here, bottom of the page.

Yeah . . . there was some timestamp manipulation here. If you look at the thread, the ID is 3417. Around that time, all other thread IDs were in the low to mid 1000's. Nice try though.

Yeah, it was done to prove to a Sandy Hook truther here on our forum that not everything "timestamped" on the internet is accurate. Things can be manipulated. But I guess that was lost on some people...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So how is the time stamp "manipulated"? Can it be done here too? I'm not buying the explanation, especially since the other thread on this just vanished.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

From that forum's FAQ:

You may also post entries that have a time stamp in the past. This is useful for those entries that you just forgot to post and they work best in chronological order.

To past date an entry, create an entry as normal but before submitting the entry, find Publish Status in the Miscellaneous Options on the lower section of the entry creation page. This option defaults to Publish Now.

Change Publish Now to Publish On and then choose the date and time that you wish for the entry to appear to have been posted. If you select a date in the future, you will be creating a Pending Entry

link

new topics

top topics

join