It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Seige of Nome Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
www.ufodigest.com...

My weekly newsletter, dropped this tidbit in my emailbox.......
The year 2000 was a strange year for the tiny commuity of Nome Alaska.
There were perportedly, 300 or more people abducted over a period of months.....
But this abduction fest had a very malevolent side to it....
I hope you will check the link and comment on this bizzare occurance which is a bit complex for encapsulating.
never the less, the community was plagued with murder,sleep deprivation and wholesale abductiuons of some type.
This is probably one of the wierdest ones youll ever hear of.......
Hypnotized abductees levitating and spouting ancient Sumerian langages......???
Its a must for any UFO buffs mental files.....
peace..............s
edit on 15-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Wasn't this a viral bit of "news" for that movie The Fourth Kind?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, there's been a whole lot of strange things going on there. Hence the movie.

Camping trip anybody?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The movie is one thing, the reality another.....
There are at least two crippled people, a few dead,. and a lot of strange testimony as well as dash cam footage.....The whole thing sounds pretty crazy, and this is really the first ive heard any details of it.....
The Sheriffs office must have some wild files worth a look over......
Any more actual details ???
I was thinking about the japan Airlines incident.....the special UFO hunter squadron based at Eilsson i think....
Wendell Stevens story.......what the hey is going or was going on up there?

www.topsecretwriters.com...
edit on 15-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Very interesting story, but I couldn't help notice how familiar the plot seemed, then I read the last bit of the article

The night siege in Nome, Alaska is based upon a controversial film of combined archival footage and re-enactments of allegedly true events that occurred in October of 2000, entitled “The Fourth Kind” was released in 2009.

It's the plot from the movie "The Fourth Kind", down to a T.
It then goes on to say the article is based on the controversial film, which I always thought was a mockumentary. I always thought there was something fishy about this movie, even when they claimed to be showing real footage, it looked fake.
So I decided, after viewing the movie to do a little research on it, and I found that the whole thing is possibly a sham, and that it had all been made up.
Here is an article by a film critic who mentions the same thing,

It was with crushing disappointment that my research discovered this is all made up out of whole cloth, including the real Abigail. The film wasn't even shot in Nome, but mostly in Bulgaria. And Dallas Massie, a retired state trooper who's the acting police chief in Nome, says he's heard nothing about aliens.

Roger Ebert

Note, almost every film review mentions the movie as being a fake.

Another thing, that really bothered me about this film, is that the aliens were speaking Sumerian? Really? Did Zecharia Sitchin write the plot?

But at the same time, this story seems to resurface often enough. I wonder if there might be some truth woven into it.

edit on 15-3-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

But at the same time, this story seems to resurface often enough. I wonder if there might be some truth woven into it.

The truth is that between the 1960s and 2004 there were 24 unexplained disappearances in Nome. For a while it was believed that these disappearances were the work of a serial killer. In 2005 the FBI performed an investigation. They cam to the conclusion that most of these disappearances could be explained by alcohol and the harsh Alaskan climate. In actuality Nome does not have a higher rate of missing people than other towns in Alaska. As for Abigail Tyler there is no evidence that she is a real person. The "real" Abigail Tyler in the the movie is actually a British actress.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I could have sworn the town got down right pissed by the end of it in telling outsiders that no such thing happened...now stay home. lol...

I just seem to recall the attention really driving the locals nuts after awhile?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
To me that film only achieved one thing

Making sure anyone looking at the 'alien/ufo' thing now needs an actual ship or body(preferably alive) in front of them.

that and upsetting the university who's logo they used,a little.

watch the extra's on the dvd,the writter/director used to attend said university and it seemed to me he pulled a bit of a fast one on explaining the exact context of the film.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well well, another Hollywood plot to undermine the real and ongoing investigations of UFOs.
I wonder if the W56 will turn out as tainted?
I linked both sidfes of the story by the way....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Well well, another Hollywood plot to undermine the real and ongoing investigations of UFOs.

i really see nothing to question the 'reasons' given for the missing people.

HOWEVER: According to the article in 2004, 3,323 people were reported missing in the state of Alaska, far higher than anywhere else in the country. Since police began recording numbers in 1988, they have received at least 60,700 reports of missing people in Alaska.

Thats alot of people,i'd say most people living there,know how,to live there.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

HOWEVER: According to the article in 2004, 3,323 people were reported missing in the state of Alaska, far higher than anywhere else in the country. Since police began recording numbers in 1988, they have received at least 60,700 reports of missing people in Alaska.

as with anything, you have to ask questions....if these people were reported missing, would the people that were "found" be a seperate catagory?....or are these missing people, ones that have NEVER been found?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by cjttatu

as with anything, you have to ask questions....if these people were reported missing, would the people that were "found" be a seperate catagory?....or are these missing people, ones that have NEVER been found?

That's a good question.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Yeah, there's been a whole lot of strange things going on there. Hence the movie.

Camping trip anybody?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I ain't afraid a no goons. ! what time can be here !

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Oddly enough, Alaska is one of the states not even mentioned in Missing 411, a pair of books on unusual disappearances in the wilderness. In fact, from what I've seen, Alaska has very few reports of unexplained or paranormal phenomena in general. I can only think of a scattered few Bigfoot sightings and the Lake Iliamna monsters.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What do you expect from a town full of gnomes.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Sorry, the article you refer to was just a PR stunt for the movie "Fourth Kind" The move shows nothing of truth. Doesn't even show the real Nome. All footage in the movie is fake. There was never any Dr. Abigail Tyler in Alaska. I don't think that there are even any sheriff departments in Alaska.

top topics

join