It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"obviously we don't want to cut it too close" Obama on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Obama says Iran more than a year away from nuclear weapon

www.reuters.com...

President Barack Obama told Israelis Iran is still more than year away from developing a nuclear weapon and sought to reassure them that military force remains a U.S. option

"We think that it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon, but obviously we don't want to cut it too close," Obama said.

Obama said: "When I say that all options are on the table, all options are on the table."

www.reuters.com...

This is a clear statement of intent. Iran is more than a year from having nuclear weapons.

"we don't want to cut it too close" said Obama

From that I can take it the US will be at war with Iran within a year. No point cutting it too close. ALL OPTIONS are on the table.

Netanyahu, at the United Nations in September, set a "red line" of spring or summer for when Iran would be close to weapons capability, suggesting prospects for an Israeli attack around that time.

www.reuters.com...

Israel will move in shortly and the US will be right alongside them.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wonder if in 50 years time Obama with all his drone strikes, boots on the ground and soon to be Iran invasion will still be known as an "anti-war" president.

Blows my mind folks still play the "see no, hear no, speak no" game with this guy.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
"we don't want to cut it too close" said Obama

Change you can believe in.
(and they wonder why Americans are buying arms and ammo !!)
Okay .. time to recheck our emergency supplies ...
Anyone need GLUTEN FREE long term storage food ??
I have a link ... Just U2U me ...
(no, I am not affiliated with the place and I'm not advertising ..
I'm just offering help for those with autoimmune)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I don't see the US getting into a shooting war with Iran under Obama unless... UNLESS there is an incident that justifies such an action within his left/liberal support base. This means that Iran would have to do something to provoke such an engagement from a president that has built that support from building down US involvement across the board around the world.

The general trend in popular thought has been forwarded to see Israel as some great ee-ville and capable of twikkering America into do its bidding on a whim. This makes perfect sense to those who prefer the propaganda being fed out to sway public opinion in that direction but doesn't fit the current trends of reality.

Short of Iran doing something really stupoid... like attacking Israel or the US fiorst, or of being discovered beyond doubt that they are on the verge of a nuclear weapon... or some act of terrorism that can be traced back to Tehran, no. I don't see it happening.

DISCLAIMER:
This is just one person's opinion; my own. Yours may vary. Please refer to directions on box for dosing instructions and possible side effects. People with addictions to politics or a political party or a political figure should consult a psychologist before engaging.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I wonder if in 50 years time Obama with all his drone strikes, boots on the ground and soon to be Iran invasion will still be known as an "anti-war" president.

Blows my mind folks still play the "see no, hear no, speak no" game with this guy.

Can his Nobel Peace Prize be revoked? How did he get it, anyway?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I really do not buy this war mongering from Israel with regards to Iran. Last time Iran attacked anybody was 2,500 years ago. That makes then one of the most peaceful nations in the world.

The major player behind anti-Iran movement really is the Saudis, who see Iran as the ideological nemesis (goes back to Mohammed times). Israelis are the loudest boy-scouts, but they do that with Saudi backing.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Oh man .. don't tempt me to respond to that!

But you bring up a good point. Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is now giving strong
signals that he's going to intervene with Iran and it's nuclear program.
Very 'peaceful' of him ... eh??

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
But... but... I thought Biden told Ryan in the debates that Iran was NOWHERE NEAR being Nuke capable!
Golly gee gosh, whoda thunk Biden was blowing smoke.

Obama is very far from being a Democrat in any sense of the term. Dems need to stop being apologists for the guy and Repubs need to stop gloating. If we dont pull together as a citizenry, we're all screwed.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I cant help feel Israel is going to take pre-emptive action on Iran.

Once Israel move the US will have to follow.

By the sounds of this Israel is ready to move in the next 3-4months and the US wants them to hold off for a few more.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Same way Henry Kissinger got one..disgusting

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

And the same way Bill Clinton after bombing Bosnia and removing Christians.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wtf dude, Bill Clinton didnt recieve a Nobel Prize. But i do feel sorry for you, afterall Henry Kissinger did support Serbs, Breivik was inspired by Karadzic and Mladic....i wonder why

edit on 15-3-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Hypocrisy. World is going more and more towards hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
They always say a year. Israel, before, made it sound like something would have to happen this winter. This does show that Obama is getting us on board with it, but they have been saying a year so long now that one would have to consider that they aren't at all trying to make a nuke.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wtf dude, Bill Clinton didnt recieve a Nobel Prize. But i do feel sorry for you, afterall Henry Kissinger did support Serbs, Breivik was inspired by Karadzic and Mladic....i wonder why

No, he didn't receive one but he has just recently been nominated so I guess we can include that. He is going against the girl who was shot by the taliban for standing up against women's rights so I doubt he'll win it. I will be shocked if he does, though!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We've had over a quarter century of this BS. It's always "Iran will have "the bomb" in a year, 2 years, 3 years"...etc...etc... over and over again. And yet Iran clearly doesn't have any nuclear weapons or likely have a nuclear weapons programme, as not a single piece of cold hard evidence of one has ever been presented.

Mr, Nutty-yahoo, Mr. Obama, M. Cameron and anyone else who wants to hit Iran is free to do so. I'll even chip in for their rifles and desert camo uniforms and a comfortable pair of boots.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I think it is about time for Iran and the US to sit down and negotiate, rationally respectfully and firmly this time....The fact is that Iran is a peaceful ,powerful country with vast resources and young educated population who are eager to make their country prosper and advance without interference from the western powers.... Iran is the major influence in the ME region and has contributed profoundly in regards to language, science ,religions arts and culture in general...Iranians have proven to be peaceful tolerant and intelligent people and they expect to be treated like so....A war with Iran makes life miserable for everybody,regardless of where you live.(not to mention the cost and the loss of lives)...It is not wise,cool or civilized at all.

top topics

join