It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Panstarrs nice picture opportunity in April. (Northern Hemisphere)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hi All

We have a few threads re Comet Panstarrs, there was a good opportunity to picture Panstarrs near the Moon a couple of nights ago and a few of the people who had clear skies got some nice pictures.

Well in April Comet Panstarrs will present us with another nice object to try a capture it beside M31 the Andromeda Galaxy.

I was using Stellarium to see when would be good nights to photograph this us up till now the weather and other things have been against me but here is a capture from Stellarium.

It's a good challenge for the photographers on here and I am sure we will see some great images posted all over the net by those fortunate to get the right conditions.

I hope that all the photographers on here get a few good nights to try and capture this comet , and anyone else with an interest in it gets at least a chance to see it.

wmd_2008

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
DOH!

April 6/7 I'll be taking my Webelos den from cub scouts camping. And our camp site is in the middle of the woods with the only sky visible being straight up!

This past week, it was all the trees to the west of me (I live in the woods).

Seems the trees are out to get me!

Hope others on here will have better luck!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok I'm being dumb here, I'm located SE England can anyone spoon feed me what direction and time I should look in April

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Ok I'm being dumb here, I'm located SE England can anyone spoon feed me what direction and time I should look in April

Some info here

earthsky.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Cheers buddy now all we need is some clear skies for once

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is good, it has been cloudy where I am or raining. I work nights, so I rarely get to see the sunset. So hopefully I'll be able to see it in April. It will be a nice birthday present!!!!

new topics

top topics

join