It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a simple message for my american friends...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I just finished watching Sarah Palin's speech a the CPAC conference.

One of the things she said was (and I'll paraphrase) "If you're not seated at the table, then you're on the menu."

While we fight and bicker and argue, we're nothing more than the choice between soup or salad for the rest of the fat #^$&er's in DC.

Something to think about!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
When you set up a country as beautifully as America was set up, the down side is that you empower a lot of incompetents. You enable them. They come to infest a situation that they never could have created themselves.
They then proceed to run it into the ground. That's what has happened to America.

Great post, well articulated. You've said in a few words what I could only have emparted within a long meandering post.

America was the most perfect beginning any country ever had. But it has now become the most corrupted of all. It's tough watching how far it has fallen. I believe it's time the states begin to seriously entertain the idea secession. If a state seceeded and was attacked or invaded by the US federal government, americans would scarecly believe the huge amount of support that that state would get from the rest of the world, militarily, diplomatically, and financially. We'd shed our blood along side you.
edit on 16-3-2013 by merkins because: Typos

edit on 16-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I've lived through the whole process in microcosm in my own life. I've had a front row seat on the beginning, middle and end of processes like this. It is very difficult to salvage the mess. A start would be to take the advice of the great poet W. H. Auden and learn to "love your crooked neighbor with your crooked heart".

As long as the young continue to be inculcated with the real ideals upon which America was founded, there is hope.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Don't worry.
US government will very soon give ALL Americans reason to unite.......against it.

Just wait 2 more years. You'll see.

BTW. I like your avatar, it speaks to me. Considering government sl*ts just locked my email account

I feel like that old man facing black birds in your avatar LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There are a lot of leashes yanking at our collar. The country is getting polarized about everything. The ones running this love it. The whole structure of society polarizes us one way or another. Allegences to sport teams keeps us divided, social class further divides us. Income levels divide us and even the brand of car we drive or the clothes we wear tears us apart. If it is not the commercial/organic conflict it is the fluoride conflict. We do not have inalienable rights anymore in this country, we all have to be strapped into our seats or we will be a nuicence to the public.

Thanks for the warning and concern OP but it's too late.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicIsUnderrated

Dear LogicIsUnderrated,

Thank you for your kind words. My original avatar was replaced by this one, which was created by Agarta and her team of artists. They believed it more properly represented me. If you ever decide to change yours, may I suggest you give them a try? I've forgotten the name of their thread, but hey, that's what search is for.

US government will very soon give ALL Americans reason to unite.......against it.

Just wait 2 more years. You'll see.
I did see the recent poll indicating that 30% of all Americans trust the government. (Not surprisingly, trust was higher among women, the young, and racial minorities.) I can agree with your point about government creating it's opposition, but after it's dismantled what replaces it? I'm a freedom, smaller federal government guy, but what will the majority choose? I'd rather not see Mrs. Clinton or Mrs. Obama in the White House. That's my worry.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is funny to see people attack Governor Palin, when we have the most ignorant President in this country’s history leading us right now. Our President cannot give a speech or answer questions without the aid of a teleprompter. He has no understanding of basic account or finance. He will not let anyone see his college transcripts. Maybe it my wife is a Democrat and I am a moderate but like Ron Paul’s message. We do debate about the issues together and with friends, but there is no divide like the media portrays it to be. The divide is greatly exaggerated. The only people who are so prejudice against others that they will do anything to win are politicians. Average Americans just want to live their life and have opportunity. Unfortunately this fighting is taking away our opportunities. The war on terror is also taking away our chance to live the life we want to. If we pulled our forces back from all over the world, and took a line of the old US which did not believe in getting into other countries business. How it is a revolution in Syria is bad, but a revolution in any so called democratic country is bad and evil. It is all propaganda. is because his grades sucked. There would be no terrorist if we did this.The tea party and the wall street sit in are no different then those who protested in Syria. All they want is change and opportunities again.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Have seen lately people there becoming more divided by the day ... isnt it time to pull yourselfs together ? Stop letting your "leaders" play you for fools ... quite simply you are all americans .. not some bastardised hybrid (insert ethnicity)/american ... you were born in america.. live in america .. your american its time you accept that and pull yourselves together unite as a people and as a country .. your all in the same sinking ship ... all of you will sink together unless you unite yourselves to save yourselves and the world as when america sinks it will drag everyone else with it .. stop letting your "leaders" destroy you and your country for yourselves..your children.. and their children .. continue as you are now there wont be an america .. for its flaws your country has great potential yet.. dont waste it ...work to make it better for all... meh.. probably either get flamed or no one will read this so off for afternoon tea...

that fine, great and dandy .. as the rest of the world has said the same over the years I've been a member here.. it's easy to sit back and ask "why why why?!" and not offer any real solutions to the issue ..

From US (USA) to you ..........WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THAT WE HAVEN'T DONE ALREADY ?? !

What.. Vote someone out?..that aint gonna happen~! No wait, Vote someone IN.. oh yea.. that'll fix the problem.. NOT .. Obama got put in and we all know it, even the world Knows THAT ..

So... now what .. Can't vote someone in.. can't vote someone out.. ok .. legislate you say .. ? RIIIIGHT .. tell our congressman .. ?? LMAO.. ~! Wait .. I KNOW .. lets Protest ..........................*crickets*.............................

no no I know .. lets all take up arms and take our rightfull place .....................oh and step into trap that will unleash Hell in America..all the while the rest of the world watches us slaughter each other for a cause and then have them say .. "wow.. that sucks to be American" (as they sip on their latte's from across the pond(s))

yea.....heard from the Britts, heard it from the Asians heard it from every country in the world practically .. but .. yea.. thx for letting us know our corrupt gov(s) are treating us like the sheep we are ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes sir, your absolutely correct about everything you said.....

Especially the getting flamed part..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join