It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a simple message for my american friends...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Have seen lately people there becoming more divided by the day ... isnt it time to pull yourselfs together ? Stop letting your "leaders" play you for fools ... quite simply you are all americans .. not some bastardised hybrid (insert ethnicity)/american ... you were born in america.. live in america .. your american its time you accept that and pull yourselves together unite as a people and as a country .. your all in the same sinking ship ... all of you will sink together unless you unite yourselves to save yourselves and the world as when america sinks it will drag everyone else with it .. stop letting your "leaders" destroy you and your country for yourselves..your children.. and their children .. continue as you are now there wont be an america .. for its flaws your country has great potential yet.. dont waste it ...work to make it better for all... meh.. probably either get flamed or no one will read this so off for afternoon tea...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I hope that very few Americans want to be divided, but united for what purpose? What dream, what goal, can the country unite around? Equal income for everyone? Free cell phones? Open borders? Security? Freedom?

It seems we're too divided in our goals to travel together to get there (wherever "there" is). At one time there were "American" principles, but I don't know what they are any more. Care to help out?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Enjoy your tea, have a cup of char for me please.

Oh dear, be prepared to get your fingers burned by certain people who will disagree...

IMO it's not just the USA and i repeat IT'S NOT JUST THE USA... so lets see what the future brings Huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vrodetogo
look my exp. www.youtube.com...

What has this got to do with the original post?

Please do not try and ruin this post and make your own.

Edit : May i suggest that you take a look at ATS Terms and conditions as a new member?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 15-3-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

How about the opportunity to live the life we want? I think can all agree we want that?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That statement could be said of every western country.
The US are not on their own, its every where.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I hope that very few Americans want to be divided, but united for what purpose? What dream, what goal, can the country unite around? Equal income for everyone? Free cell phones? Open borders? Security? Freedom?

It seems we're too divided in our goals to travel together to get there (wherever "there" is). At one time there were "American" principles, but I don't know what they are any more. Care to help out?
united in following the principles america was founded on - life... liberty and the pursuit of happiness .. next to the magna carta one of the greatest documents in human history is your constitution ... together .. united you can make your "leaders" remember they are there to serve you the people ... not the other way around as it is now .. granted not an easy task .... but the people need to put aside the divisions ....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Enjoy your tea, have a cup of char for me please.

Oh dear, be prepared to get your fingers burned by certain people who will disagree...

IMO it's not just the USA and i repeat IT'S NOT JUST THE USA... so lets see what the future brings Huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
thanks ... true its in almost all western countries ... u.k and france nearly as divided as america is ....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to posts by Expat888 and randomtangentsrme

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your reassuring posts. I agree with you completely about allowing people to find their own paths through life. If there is to be any respect for people, society must be based on the idea that we're bright enough, and have the equal right, to figure out things on our own. If additional help is needed, it should come from the lowest practical level of government or the community of individuals.

Mayor Bloomberg of New York sets my teeth on edge. His ban on large sodas is but the most recent example of a small group of people (or one man) telling the rest of society "I know best what's good for you." Mrs. Obama and the Department of Education cutting school lunches to a piece of lettuce and a soy burger (I exaggerate) is another.

The division in the US which I see is between the people who want to control others, and those who don't. Each side is fighting for supporters. It seems as though the controllers are winning, largely because they offer the "Bread and Circus" policy of free goods and services.

I believe the controllers are found mainly in the Progressive movement and parts of the Democrat party. The non-controllers have a more congenial home with the Tea Partiers, Libertarians, and some Republicans. I am not optimistic for our near-term future.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Have seen lately people there becoming more divided by the day ... isnt it time to pull yourselfs together ? Stop letting your "leaders" play you for fools ... quite simply you are all americans .. not some bastardised hybrid (insert ethnicity)/american ... you were born in america.. live in america .. your american its time you accept that and pull yourselves together unite as a people and as a country .. your all in the same sinking ship ... all of you will sink together unless you unite yourselves to save yourselves and the world as when america sinks it will drag everyone else with it .. stop letting your "leaders" destroy you and your country for yourselves..your children.. and their children .. continue as you are now there wont be an america .. for its flaws your country has great potential yet.. dont waste it ...work to make it better for all... meh.. probably either get flamed or no one will read this so off for afternoon tea...

Thank you for this thread Expat888, i hope at least some Americans can take a look at this and think what they can do to "unite"

The divide of the people in the US grows more and more everyday. Why, you ask? With the recent cuts to our budgets and being taxed out the ying yang, people are only looking out for themselves. The common person will help himself first and then continue to only look out for himself. The uncertinty of our individual future plays a big part in selfishness. However, if we unite we can most certinly bring ourselves and others to a better place of stability. We are all humans in this mess together so lets work as one to dig ourselves out of it.

* I would like to post more on this topic but i cannot risk sounding anti-government.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Its hard to unite when we are being divided from the top down. Obama, the great "uniter" has become the great divider.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think a lot of it boils down to values and society. Things weren't like this 20 years ago. At least not AS bad as they are today. I am no where near perfect nor do I think that we should tell people what movies they can watch, what kinds of videos games that can be made or the type of music allowed to grace our eardrums. I do often wonder if the glorification of sex (via tissue paper relationships) and violence might have anything to do with the way things go today. Hell we even have medals for the big boys playing video game shooters that get to kill anyone they want. (Drone strikes on innocents in foreign countries. 50 extra points for the reporter?! Heck yeah!!! I'm in!)

IDK maybe I am just getting old. Them darn Beatles ruined our kids!!! =P

I hope it gets better but I am not holding my breath. My husband does not really care for my skin to be that shade of blue.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

ALL people in ALL countries have this problem. America is just the belly of the beast.

It's not all our fault, though. Manufactured division reigns.

Trying to "stop" our leaders is a wonderful dream of ours, but its easier said than done.

edit on 16-3-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
OP, send this message to those who think differently from myself.

I'm sure their response will be the same as mine.

The facade is played out by professionals. It'll take more than a simple plea to unite the nation.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think Benjamin Franklin said everything that needs to be said in this regard. Take his words and ponder them as me and my friends have.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. Ben Franklin

I'll hang with my friends, any and all are welcome to to stand with us.

peace

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

the factionalization runs deep and has been perfected to a science by the powers that be. without being able to identify the common enemy responsible for this, I'm afraid this is passed the point of no return.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When you set up a country as beautifully as America was set up, the down side is that you empower a lot of incompetents. You enable them. They come to infest a situation that they never could have created themselves.
They then proceed to run it into the ground. That's what has happened to America.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Expat - I agree. Our constitution is a fine document. "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" comes from the Declaration of Independence not the constitution.

However, I do take your point. My point is that those freedoms, those inalienable rights only applied to certain classes of people. Everyone else was not entitled to those rights. At the time - this wasn't even questioned. The issue of slavery was discussed but not deemed important enough when weighted against unnaminimity approval of the Declaration of Independence.

So it is to this day. Some people are not seen as real people, in fact not human. I see you are in Japan, an expat there was a time in Japan (and may even continue to be true) that one had to be a genetic Japanese to be a citizen of Japan and Korean's living in the country for generations were 2nd class citizens. Many cultures treat women as less human then man. Isreal is exterminating palestinians as though they were insects.

It's not that the ideal is not revered, it's that people don't see ALL HUMANS as people. Part of it is the pain we would cause ourselves if we truly saw that everyone on the planet was HUMAN and how we had ignored and treated each other through out time - thing about it. It's a psychic survival mechanism. If I have to kill someone to stay alive, I really don't want to think about their children and friends and the pain I'm causing, I would go insane AND MANY DO.

In the US it's so very pronounced because of our electic and immagrant herritage and getting here meant killing off all the people who were already here. How did we do it - we didn't see them as human, just a vermin to be exterminated.

And regardless of what anyone may say, I beleive, that we, as individuals, are responsible for the actions of our forbearers, that we carry the suffering they caused in our very genes and that the only hope we have as a people, a race and perhaps as a world is to acknowledge the murderous hatred of the past and heal it today,tomorrow and into the future. The souls of all those who went before (victims and victimizers both) are calling out for healing and that is our purpose on earth to heal ourselves and our families. Then and only then will be start the new world that is possible.

Soapbox time - too much coffee today.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This a Brit speaking. Isn't it time stopped these kinds of bait threads even though they are in the rant section.

Every country not just the US is experiencing the same problems and issues. By starting this thread you are by default being divisive and hypocritial. When you come back with details of why your country is diffrent I'll listen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join