It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need your civil war!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In the past little while I've been seeing more and more threads about locals preparing to fight against their government... Gathering citizens, training them for an upcoming fight.

Personally I don't understand this mentality... Not only is it a fight that can't be won, but the very idea puts innocent families and civilians in harms way.

Has the world gotten so bad that we need to fight those that are supposed to protect us?

Do we really need to take back our countries from corrupt governments?

Is there a solution without violence?

Im reminded of one of my favorite songs as I watch these events unfold...

Look at your young might fighting

Look at the women crying

Look at the young men dying

The way they've always done before...

Look at the hate we're breeding

Look at the fear we're feeding...

Look at the lives we're leading...

The way we've always done before...

My hands are tied... billions shift from side to side

And the wars go on with brainwashed pride, for the love of God and our human rights...

And all these things are swept aside, by bloody hands time can't deny...

And are washed away by our genocide... and history hides the lies of our civil wars....

We don't need your civil war!

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor!

The power hungry selling soldiers in a human grocery store...

WE DON'T NEED YOUR CIVIL WAR!!

edit on 14-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;
If you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;
You may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.
There may even be a worse case.
You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Sir Winston Churchill

That says it all. Learn from history, otherwise you continue to make the same mistakes.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The reason there won't be a civil war is the same reason I'm not putting solar panels on my roof. Too much up front cost for very little benefit. Crappy metaphor but it makes sense to me. Sure in 20 years you will be better off but in the immediate future your quality of life will be terrible.

A civil war would turn this country into a hell hole. If you survive you're gonna wish you were dead because every single moment of your new life you'll be thinking of how good "it use to be". Sure, this country is going in the wrong direction but a civil war is not the answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
The reason there won't be a civil war is the same reason I'm not putting solar panels on my roof. Too much up front cost for very little benefit. Crappy metaphor but it makes sense to me. Sure in 20 years you will be better off but in the immediate future your quality of life will be terrible.

A civil war would turn this country into a hell hole. If you survive you're gonna wish you were dead because every single moment of your new life you'll be thinking of how good "it use to be". Sure, this country is going in the wrong direction but a civil war is not the answer.

I disagree. You have not considered what the military would do. It does not matter what the Generals order, it matters what the line officers will do. You would see the Military backing the citizens as unit after unit 'defected' as their oaths demand they do.

It would be over quite quickly IMHO.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I believe these local groups would immediately be labeled as "terrorist groups" by the media... which of course is controlled...

Do you believe these "line officers" would ignore their commanding officers if such a thing happened?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well if you don't understand this mentality, you obviously have no grasp of the ideals this country was founded on. How hard is it to grasp that the government has bounds, and that the government receives its power through the consent of the governed? If the government does not abide by the law they are tasked with upholding, it is not only our right, but OUR DUTY as Americans to rise up against that tyranny. This is why the 2nd amendment was included in the Constitution. This is all US history 101, so I do not see what is so difficult to grasp.

It is people like you who will ruin this country in the long run. Do you think the government cares whether the people are complaining about things like the killing of American citizens at the whim of the president? No. And this is highly illegal and unConstitutional, a gross overstepping of power. And this is not the only case of this happening in the US recently, not to mention just this past decade or so.

So if protesting the government, and asking them nicely to quit their illegal activities does not work, the only option left, and the one our Founding Fathers took back in the 18th century, is to rise up against tyranny and oppression. So you should either educate yourself on the ideals of the United States of America, and then stand up for what is right, or stop complaining about these ideals. They were not invented by me or any of us. They were handed down to us by extemely brave men, men who risked everything to give you what you have today.

You have the right to speak your mind because of these same men and these same ideals, yet you fail to see that. So when you are criticizing us for our intolerance of injustice, you are criticizing those who founded this country as well. Those who bled, sacrificed, and died by the thousands to give YOU and all of us freedom. And if the government wishes to overstep its bounds, as was the case prior to 1776, it MUST answer for those injustices. They have power because of the people, and they must work within the framework of a very good system, a system of checks and balances.

The president and congress are becoming more totalitarian every year, with all the special interest groups, etc, and you have people like Bush and Obama who are not operating on the principals of democracy. And they expect people to sit back and do nothing? YOU expect us to sit back and do nothing? This is serious business. And yes, it could work, as it has worked in the past. Not just in the US either. And to speak more about the 2nd amendment, this is why our Founding Fathers implied that the average citizen was to own the same firepower as the military, for just such an occasion as the one the government is forcing us to approach.

They wish to call people who stand for the Constitution traitors and terrorists, yet this is nothing more than propaganda aimed at soft-minded people like you. It is there in black and white in the Declaration of Independece and the US Constitution, so you cannot come back and say I am wrong. I doubt that those who need to read this post will actually read it, because they do not want to realize they are wrong. They want to keep living in their fantasy country whether everything is peachy. Well here is a newsflash Walter Cronkite...Thing aren't. Zoolander reference.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I disagree. I have talked with many military personal and the answer I always get is, kill or be killed. An armed military unit will be shot at, harassed or generally abused. In a civil war all communication will be severed. You won't have NBC news telling you who the good guys are. Therefore these armed militia's are going to be firing weapons at the people that are trying to help them. Armed militia's will probably be firing at each other. It would be chaos and nobody would win.

I'll tell you one thing for certain tho, these do gooder troops that say they will side with the people will change their minds real fast when they are getting shot at.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

It is people like you who will ruin this country in the long run.

Considering im Canadian...

I'll just ignore your little rant...

Thanks for your reply though

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

How do you know there's not some guy sitting in a room with his finger on a button? With a false premise of what the button does, he could easily be deceived into pressing it.

Unless you have some divine plans, I think it would be more wise to turn the other cheek or change the hearts of the enemy.

Do you not question the unknown unknowns of today's world? Technology has came a long way since the civil war.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your O/P doesn't remind me of a song. It reminds me of a quote.

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

So much of the history of the struggle between good and evil can be explained by Edmund Burke's observation. Time and again those who profess to be good seem to clearly outnumber those who are evil, yet those who are evil seem to prevail far too often. Seldom is it the numbers that determine the outcome, but whether those who claim to be good men are willing to stand up and fight for what they know to be right

edit on 14-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Personally I would not want to live in servitude. I would rather fight for freedom and die than live as a slave. I guess you don't care. Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
Personally I would not want to live in servitude. I would rather fight for freedom and die than live as a slave. I guess you don't care. Good luck with that.

I hear that...

Though you might ask yourself... who among us does not live in servitude to their government?

Perhaps only the richest of the countries population...

Aside from them all of us are debt slaves... And my country is included in that...

The question is... can it be fixed without violence?

edit on 14-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The thing is we do have a certain amount of say in this but also we must remain vigilant due to the potential for spillover effects... Obviously we not only want whats best for the Americans and ourselves but for the rest of the world.. and if we are to be a shining beacon of freedom for the world we better start acting like it.
Or else it gives reason for the events to manifest in the first place...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Star....... I take some of my first statement back. A song does come to mind.

If it keep's going like it has and nothing is done, we will all be singing the last verse to this song.

"Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss"

edit on 14-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Akragon

The thing is we do have a certain amount of say in this but also we must remain vigilant due to the potential for spillover effects... Obviously we not only want whats best for the Americans and ourselves but for the rest of the world.. and if we are to be a shining beacon of freedom for the world we better start acting like it.
Or else it gives reason for the events to manifest in the first place...

True that my friend...

I just didn't appreciate the fat hippo spouting off at me when im not even American...

edit on 15-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I just didn't appreciate the fat hippo spouting off at me when im not even American

Now you went and really did it. Here comes PETA for insulting animals with the A. C. L. U right behind them for not being sensitive to the overweight.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

step on a cats tail and you'll usually get bitten...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
To say someone has no idea of the ideals that your country was founded on... is to blow hot air into the wind. It's meaningless in todays world, to compare how the USA was founded and what it is standing in it's place, today.

All stars and stripes, glory and honour. But no macdonalds or burger king? Wait, this will not do.

If the men and women of the 1700s were to step foot into the USA today, they would be left bewildered and confused as to what sort of nightmare world it has become.

Any group takes up arms against a perceived government oppression, and they'll be swiftly silenced. You know this. No way will there be a civil war. More like a herding of the cattle into their slaughter pens.

You think you're not slaves now? Time and a slow hand has removed your freedoms. Leaving you with areas that you don't think about so never equate the loss of said freedom with actual loss.

Your value worth is all you really are. Every single ID, name, number, category or reference that links to you, does so for monetary purposes only.

There is no such thing as a well organised militia in the USA. any civil war will simply be a show of how far you've been corralled into slavery without even knowing it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wait... wait... wait...

Are you saying there are Canadians getting ready for a civil war?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Wait... wait... wait...

Are you saying there are Canadians getting ready for a civil war?

LMAO!!

What would we fight with?

Bows and arrows... hunting rifles... pea shooters... and rocks?

Im referring to threads like this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join